Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a theory, not a rumour......Or why Mr. LD was out exploring, stole fuel from his vehicle, put it into their own and realised too late it was not compatible (petrol, not diesel or vice versa), flipped out and went back to try to steal his vehicle in anger and frustration and either deliberately injured him/killed him, or accidentally ran over him when leaving? (If it was dark, they could have ran over him if they couldn't see him or something). It seems Mr D had not unpacked any of his gear for camping, was he camping there, on the way to camp or on the way back - but as usual, the almost complete lack of information makes it so difficult to understand anything...

Further to that, I asked some time ago if the Rav4 was diesel powered. Do we know?

Hi I’m new here and have been following this case with interest since day one. Can anyone explain to me why BS and KM would have set fire to and abandoned their camper in the first place? If they had any involvement in the double murder couldn’t they just have driven away unnoticed? Drawing attention to their camper seems to have then somehow linked them to the murders.
Maybe the truck was inoperable for some reason before they found the new car/victim nearby.

It was a good decision to wind down this phase of the active search.

When you are attempting to track a target with 24 hours lead time, you rely on a multitude of planning products (such as dismounted flocark overlays, a sighting storyboard, zone identifier overlays, a STA plan for aircraft, etc). All of this planning factors in as to where you begin your search. Essentially, 'where would he go and why?' You would look for natural pathways if he is consciously avoiding roads - like valleys, river beds, animal trails, cut lines, railways, winter roads.

Once on the ground your teams will look for 'big top signs' and 'large ground signs'; for a person, these can be difficult to differentiate from large animals or others (such as hunters/local pattern of life). As you pick up the potential trail, you begin to move onto the small top and ground signs that are unique to a person; how they move and snap brush away from their face, how they place their feet to avoid mud or logs, etc. All of this tells you how they are travelling - are they encumbered with a pack? Are they travelling in a formation? Do they have a long rifle? Are they injured? People humping a lot of weight, and injured, wouldn't attempt at walking carefully (ghost stepping, as it were).

When you begin to search for too long, with a lot of people, you begin to contaminate any spoor left behind. Moreover, locals and media running about further contaminate the area with their own actions.

My thoughts? They will either die in the wilderness, unlikely to be found. Or, being young people, begin to make mistakes as the impatient, undeveloped, frontal lobe of their brain cries out for stimuli.

Hi I’m new here and have been following this case with interest since day one. Can anyone explain to me why BS and KM would have set fire to and abandoned their camper in the first place? If they had any involvement in the double murder couldn’t they just have driven away unnoticed? Drawing attention to their camper seems to have then somehow linked them to the murders.

It's so very strange. I have no theories for that.

There's been some speculation that they may have rolled the vehicle, because of some of the major dents on the burned truck. If they did, that might somewhat explain why they got rid of it in favor of a new vehicle without living quarters.. There might have been some sort of evidence in that camper or truck and calling for help would've just exposed them, so they burned it and took off in another vehicle. Just a theory. Although they don't appear injured in the least in the surveillance video

There's been some speculation that they may have rolled the vehicle, because of some of the major dents on the burned truck. If they did, that might somewhat explain why they got rid of it in favor of a new vehicle without living quarters.. There might have been some sort of evidence in that camper or truck and calling for help would've just exposed them, so they burned it and took off in another vehicle. Just a theory. Although they don't appear injured in the least in the surveillance video

Denting on the roof is just heat damage from a fire. The metal and fibreglass buckles as it expands due to heat, losing its ability to hold structure.

When the boys got through that road stop they must have thought that was a close call. Realizing that they would have to turn around and possibly go back through that road stop again.. they may not be so lucky the second time, in a stolen car. They had no choice but to get rid of the car!

No cars were reported stolen from the gillam area and their car was set on fire.. no wonder LE had every reason to believe the boys didnt leave Gillam.

They must still be there.

On another note.. pretty sure unrelated but still wild. Last night around 7pm our roommate was travelling on the via from Toronto to sarnia. Train was stopped for over an hour (I'm hearing now possibly related to a derailment) BUT the train was taken over and searched by cops. Crazy eh.. my first thought of course was the boys..

The two young guys still have not been charged for the murder of l&c. They're under suspicion and wanted in connection with. But they have not been accused of murdering l&c. There's not been first degree murder charges which would mean that it was planned and premeditated. Also with the death of LD the two young guys are charged with second-degree murder. Meaning that it was not premeditated.
Another interesting point is that l&c were found dead on Monday morning and LD was found dead on Friday. Meaning that if Kam and Bryer killed all three ...the young men were hiding out in the same area for 5 days. M,T,W,T,F. I don't know.... if you just 'murdered' two people why would you stay in the area for 5 days? Wouldn't you be on the Run?

2 weeks now since Lucas & Chynna were found and still no charges? Seems strange to me, the RCMP were very quick to issue charges in the LD murder so I do wonder if there is not enough evidence to connect them to Lucas & Chynna? JMO

Resources are leaving York according to the media.

So I guess nothing happens until they re surface.

Hopefully a press conference in the morning.

Essentially everyone now just needs to wait until the next tip-off.

The constant warnings for all of Canada to be vigilant have stopped today.

Maybe, as someone else said, the long weekend holiday will put more eyes and ears out there, but it looks to me like this hunt is done. See first sentence.

A member of the Manitoba Trappers Association told Canada's APTN National News the climate and topography were tricky. He also said traplines — routes along which hunters set traps for animals — ran for hundreds of kilometres across the region, and could be a problem for the fugitives. "No-one's checking them [the traps] right now."

Bear Clan Patrol spots fugitive Canadian teens 'scavenging for food' in remote dump

Wouldn’t that be something, being caught in a trap on a line that no-one’s checking. What a way to die, and it would be slow. They could easily become prey in a situation like that. No food, no shelter, being bitten by hordes of bugs and just lying there hoping a bear or something else doesn't attack them.

Interesting that you mention that. In northern Alberta, there was a problem with freemen-on-the-land taking over trappers' cabins and traplines in 2013. I guess that is one kind of person who is not sympathetic to the police.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmo...times-for-northern-alberta-trappers-1.1958503

I am not sure about trapping for First Nations, but there is a trapping season for everyone else, and the best furs are from the coldest weather.

Last edited:
2 weeks now since Lucas & Chynna were found and still no charges? Seems strange to me, the RCMP were very quick to issue charges in the LD murder so I do wonder if there is not enough evidence to connect them to Lucas & Chynna? JMO
I wouldn’t make that assumption at all. The charge for LD facilitates useful procedural stuff - the Canada-wide warrant being the most obvious. That accomplished, there is no need to rush on anything else.

You’re correct it doesn’t have a melting point however it does get to a point where it’s structural integrity is compromised and it would collapse so to speak. I think it was burnt in the fire because there’s lots of evidence it was there laying on the tarp. I’m just not convinced it was in the back of the truck at the time.
this is what I think too. I do think the camper burnt at the same location, I just don't think it was on the truck at the time of the fire. maybe the truck was wrecked before it was set on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx