CANADA: Luka Rocco Magnotta, wanted for murder and dismemberment

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps not, but attention is what he was/is after. Had he been charged, it would have likely been printed in various media sources. Would that have been enough attention for him? Probably not... but... would have, should have, could have... we will never know what would have happened (or what may never have happened)

I doubt that animal cruelty charges and a fine would have had much of an impact on anyone. It would have read in the court docket that he fed his python a kitten and some people - without hearing the details - wouldn't see that as a serious problem. He would have had his wrists slapped and the news would have continued to focus on the student protests (that have lasted more than 100 days).

Canada would have extradition agreements with all countries that do not practice Capital Punishment. If there is Capital Punishment, a person cannot be extradited until Capital Punishment is dropped. I can't see any reason why France would not extradite to Canada. There is no cruel and unusual treatment, no one under 16 is treated as an adult, mental health is a consideration ... seems like an okay place if he is guilty ... given the choices (Peru).

It would be to France's benefit to send him back to Canada. It is expensive to house these monster's.

Interesting Otto, yes Eastern block would be a less monitored place, yet his "look" does not fit, his looks would fit better in Germany, France, Austria, Belgium. And those places are highly populated in the urban centers. I wouldn't rule out New York or other french speaking places in Canada.

Animal cruelty would have fallen to the bylaw officers. I'm sure that there are bylaw officers in Montreal, and they certainly weren't fighting the mafia and student protests. Since the bylaw officers were notified and chose to do nothing, local police, RCMP, FBI would not really have any grounds to investigate. Even if police were interested, on what basis would they investigate? Animal cruelty is bylaw ... other than that, Eric Newman couldn't be investigated for anything - even if everyone knew that animal killers often graduate to people killers. Additionally, he was long gone before the foot and torso surfaced.

If the Montreal Officer had laid animal cruelty charges, then what? Everything would still be the same as it is today ... everyone knows that he is connected.

The video link should have been forwarded to the prosecutor's office.

yes and the media outlets!

I doubt that animal cruelty charges and a fine would have had much of an impact on anyone. It would have read in the court docket that he fed his python a kitten and some people - without hearing the details - wouldn't see that as a serious problem. He would have had his wrists slapped and the news would have continued to focus on the student protests (that have lasted more than 100 days).

Good point...
And even if it did generate any attention, it probably wouldn't have been enough. I do not think that the current attention is enough for him. He wants more. He will strike again before he is caught.

It would be to France's benefit to send him back to Canada. It is expensive to house these monster's.

Interesting Otto, yes Eastern block would be a less monitored place, yet his "look" does not fit, his looks would fit better in Germany, France, Austria, Belgium. And those places are highly populated in the urban centers. I wouldn't rule out New York or other french speaking places in Canada. He is kinda of screwed in Canada as he has such a distinct look even if he changes it....cause the distinct look is......loco!!:floorlaugh:

I think he'd be a bit of a pet for an older Eastern European guy that likes men like him, but I expect that anyone that takes him in will be his next victim - if it can be managed. It sounds like the Montreal victim was drugged ... he may have problems doing that again.

My bet, if he left the country, is fly to Paris, get on a train ... head east. He'll grow his hair and maybe dress like a woman.

Edmonton webmaster posts video linked to slaying

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/05/30/19819606-qmi.html

Shouldn't this guy's site be shut down???? WTF?

Pfft he's taking credit saying if Luka hadn't posted on his site, this discovery may have not been noticed or something to that effect. As if this guy's site makes a huge difference. Sickos would just post elsewhere, give me a break Mister. Hope your site goes down creepo. MOO

I think he'd be a bit of a pet for an older Eastern European guy that likes men like him, but I expect that anyone that takes him in will be his next victim - if it can be managed. It sounds like the Montreal victim was drugged ... he may have problems doing that again.

My bet, if he left the country, is fly to Paris, get on a train ... head east. He'll grow his hair and maybe dress like a woman.
Ya maybe one of the breakaway states from Russia.

Unless..he wants to stay here to do his um...work. So that if he gets caught he can googley eye Bernardo in KP. lol LE and corrections wouldn't give him that pleasure though I don't think. They would send him to be with Wills hehe:moo: Truly when he is caught, if he has had anything to do with the murder in the states he should be sent there to stand trial first and they should just keep him. IMO I don't want Canada spending any more money on these losers if there is an opportunity to pon him off to the states or if another country nabs him let them deal with him. MOO

I think G20 countries should come up with a plan for these losers that cross borders to do crimes. Think these offenders should be labelled cross border criminals and there should be a rotating list...next country on the list has to take the loser and deal with them...then the next one goes to the next on the list. Share around the responsibility. MOO

On tonight's CityPulse or Global News (I forget which one because my brains are blowing right out of my head because of this!! :eek:) they said that the owner of the site is from Edmonton and as of today his PayPal account was shut down. So, hopefully he'll soon go out of business.

:yesss::woohoo::woohoo: Now to start cleaning up the internet. Wishful thinking.:moo:

Good point...
And even if it did generate any attention, it probably wouldn't have been enough. I do not think that the current attention is enough for him. He wants more. He will strike again before he is caught.

I doubt that he could out-do himself at this point. How often have we debated cases and said "it's not like there's going to be a video of the actual crime", yet here we have a video of the actual crime. He's probably been desperately trying to erase all trace of the complete footage from his computer since the discovery of the torso. The only attention he could get beyond his murder video upload is to commit a spectacular suicide so everyone could forget about him ... but I doubt he sees this as an option ... I think he's fixated on becoming lecture material in the fictitious TV show Criminal Minds.

I do believe that he is responsible for the Hollywood case - if reports about him being in the area at the time are accurate - and that he will do this again. He thinks that he has a taste for killing ... so that's what he wants. He has no boundaries.

I think that Eric Newman, aka Luka Magnotta, is an insecure, tormented man that wants to appear young forever because he associates his youth with people wanting him - even if they were men abusing him. I think he fears the loss of that attention and perceives aging as taking away the only attention he has ever known. I think that Eric Newman has done this before and gotten away with it, thus boosting his sense of superiority over others. He's going for shock value and simply has no empathy.

I've done some screenshots from pearltrees that show LRM having an online affiliation under his ID of cutelittlenemo1 to another crime forum (not sure i can say it here, but belongs to a guy named Ch-!s ... i think regular WSrs may figure that one out). The online affiliation starts with the name of that forum, followed by "View topic - Brandy ...".

ETA: I do not know how to upload screenshots. Hazel gave me instructions once, but I couldn't get them to work and have never done one.

*Printscreen key
*Open Paint program
*Click on Paste in upper left corner of Paint
Voila! Then you can save it if you wish. HTH

Oops sorry reread and you were asking about uploading screenshot not how to take them. Sorry I don't know either how to upload.

I doubt that he could out-do himself at this point. How often have we debated cases and said "it's not like there's going to be a video of the actual crime", yet here we have a video of the actual crime. He's probably been desperately trying to erase all trace of the complete footage from his computer since the discovery of the torso. The only attention he could get beyond his murder video upload is to commit a spectacular suicide so everyone could forget about him ... but I doubt he sees this as an option ... I think he's fixated on becoming lecture material in the fictitious TV show Criminal Minds.

I do believe that he is responsible for the Hollywood case - if reports about him being in the area at the time are accurate - and that he will do this again. He thinks that he has a taste for killing ... so that's what he wants. He has no boundaries.

I think that Eric Newman, aka Luka Magnotta, is an insecure, tormented man that wants to appear young forever because he associates his youth with people wanting him - even if they were men abusing him. I think he fears the loss of that attention and perceives aging as taking away the only attention he has ever known. I think that Eric Newman has done this before and gotten away with it, thus boosting his sense of superiority over others. He's going for shock value and simply has no empathy.

I have a feeling that if he isn't caught soon, he will do this again. I agree, this isn't the first time. I don't think it will be his last. Now that the authorities are on to him, I have this sinking feeling that he will play a cat-and-mouse game, with more murders and more videos, until he is caught. I don't believe he will commit suicide, not even if cornered. This is too much of a thrill for him, imo.

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120601/120601_magnotta_search/20120601/?hub=CP24Home

WHY would officials not authorised to speak publicly about something like this go and speak publicly about this?! Way to tip off the suspect so he can get away again. :what: :sigh:

(eta: I don't necessarily believe any unnamed source, but if it is true, that is an incredibly stupid thing to do)

i hope they are saying this to throw the suspect off. maybe they think he is in an entirely different location, and are playing dumb so he gets comfortable, then they can catch him off guard.

well if his passport was used they know where he went. If it hasn't been used he is still in Canada. He kind of has a clownish look to his face. I don't think he can stay hidden for long. MOO They should be watching the St. John's, NF airport for flights to Europe. Or border crossings in Calais or Holton to get into the states. Or if he went the other way, the gateway crossing to North Dakota from Manitoba. Not likely he would use the direct methods if he hasn't left already.MOO He apparently likes to hitchhike if reports are correct. I also hope at the borders they are checking tour busses crossing the border as well. He likely doesn't have money as the trail from using his bank cards would pinpoint him, unless he took out a wad just before he dumped the torso. MOO This guy is defo a psychotic ie BP or Schizophrenic, he writes manefesto style. He needs a serious prescription straight jacket. MOO

I agree with the other poster; LE should just shoot on sight of him. Easy, done. MOO Wherever he is it should be turned over to MI6 or some special forces in the country he is in and just be done with him. Never to see or hear from him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper