CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She was found "by accident" by the boys father. All three lived on the property at the time she went missing. One moved away a few years ago, leaving the one and his father. Let's put it this way, the property is 160 acres.....my property is also 160 acres in the same area. People don't visit each other here...you can go for years without anyone coming by...it's not like the city. Life is quiet. No "experienced killer" needed. She may have died by mishap/accident and they got scared and buried her...just a thought.
Yes, 160 acres is enormous. Off the top of my head, a search of a farm several years ago in the Okanagan led to the discovery of the young woman's remains (something else made police suspicious of the farm), but no one has been charged. It isn't strong enough proof of what happened. Possibly because they can't rule out the possibility someone else left the remains there, that would be sufficient to create reasonable doubt in court.

JMO

- It seems rings were removed to deter identification when she was found since everyone seemed to easily identify them as hers.
In a 2nd YT video Lourdon Arts read an email from MS's mother saying she was very careless with her large collection of costume jewellry rings, her mother often found them left in odd places around the house, or dropped out of her truck, and she didn't consider them important evidence.

The critical evidence that's unknown to us, IMO, is from her cellphone. They could track pings off towers then, but not many people realized that. There was reception at the campsite, so they know about the movement of other phones, as well.

Cellphone data/dna so often seems to be key in convictions.

JMO

I feel like it's been fairly quiet in the media though. That can be a good sign too if LE keeping things close to the vest.
I think in this case it's a bad sign..... I think it does hurt the case for already a long time now.
I admire the patience of the Scott family but I really think they should go next level now. Why? Because it seems the rcmp is stucked in this case for already 13 years. (imo they screwed up from the beginning, not going into this, check my earlier posts, but I would be furious if I was the Scott family.....) Terrible for the family (you don't want a media circus) but you need to go much more in public now to get momentum. I understand it's not easy because in the end you need the rcmp to solve this and you don't want to step on their toes..... But it's not gonna happen with a few advertisments from rcmp at times asking for information. They are doing that already for 13 years. You need much more media attention, getting more talk, and as a result hopefully some good investigate reporters that have waaaay more time than the rcmp to dig into things, piecing things togehter etc. Also putting more media pressure on possible suspects and witnesses. I think a new documentary more focused on details what exactly happened that night and possible suspects is a good idea by now.

I think in this case it's a bad sign..... I think it does hurt the case for already a long time now.
I admire the patience of the Scott family but I really think they should go next level now. Why? Because it seems the rcmp is stucked in this case for already 13 years. (imo they screwed up from the beginning, not going into this, check my earlier posts, but I would be furious if I was the Scott family.....) Terrible for the family (you don't want a media circus) but you need to go much more in public now to get momentum. I understand it's not easy because in the end you need the rcmp to solve this and you don't want to step on their toes..... But it's not gonna happen with a few advertisments from rcmp at times asking for information. They are doing that already for 13 years. You need much more media attention, getting more talk, and as a result hopefully some good investigate reporters that have waaaay more time than the rcmp to dig into things, piecing things togehter etc. Also putting more media pressure on possible suspects and witnesses. I think a new documentary more focused on details what exactly happened that night and possible suspects is a good idea by now.
Exactly! Well said! The past year in Vanderhoof has been quiet, like it never happened. For those years, her face was everywhere. People were always searching and looking and organizing the poker rides etc. Now, nothing. Not a word. No more poker ride, no more billboards, no articles, nothing.

In a 2nd YT video Lourdon Arts read an email from MS's mother saying she was very careless with her large collection of costume jewellry rings, her mother often found them left in odd places around the house, or dropped out of her truck, and she didn't consider them important evidence.

The critical evidence that's unknown to us, IMO, is from her cellphone. They could track pings off towers then, but not many people realized that. There was reception at the campsite, so they know about the movement of other phones, as well.

JMO
There is info on the cell phone on various sites. , it outlines calls and texts made as well as the time. Her phone stopped pinging (8am) as I recall there was only one tower in the area and that was the only tower it pinged off.

Thanks, did you make that, or get it from some kind of research site? Is there some sort of discussion about what it implies? I'm guessing the idea is, her phone would have switched to a different tower if it had been on and it went to where her remains were found.

I've looked and only find Redditer's claiming that 'allegedly' her phone pinged at the campsite until 8 am, and without any discussion of what that would mean.

IMO, it would mean, either,
* she stayed at the campsite at least until well-after sunrise and left after that, taking her phone.

* her phone was discarded close to her campsite when she disappeared, and ran out of juice, and is still there
Or,
*it was left behind and someone came back later, went through the tent and took it.

And presumably the same scenarios might be true of her keys and flipflops.

I can't really see those scenarios fitting well into reality. If it's probable she slept there until 8 am, then why would it have mattered who was the last to leave the party?

Also, if someone took the time/trouble to hide her phone in the dark, that would have meant she was incapacitated and surely dealing with her would be the priority,

Then, why would someone come back for her phone? Unless the person knew there were text messages arranging a meeting - yet if she had planned to meet up, she'd have brought her phone...

I think RCMP have evidence relating to her phone being either shut off, or moved, as well as similar data on other phones, and it's never been released. That's very typically the kind of information that is not released until a trial.

JMO

JMO
Interesting what her mom said! I got a different impression...IIRC, I thought it was one of her friends that said 'she wouldn't go anywhere without her rings' but I am foggy and should find the reference for that to be sure I got the info right. JMO there...

I have worn rings my whole life (many more when younger and her age) and I still find a strange spot to discover them but that's just me. I would only take mine off to go to bed and would leave them in the bathroom while washing up or on my nightstand/beside me when I was sleeping. The rings may be nothing too though and a red herring. MOO

She was found "by accident" by the boys father. All three lived on the property at the time she went missing. One moved away a few years ago, leaving the one and his father. Let's put it this way, the property is 160 acres.....my property is also 160 acres in the same area. People don't visit each other here...you can go for years without anyone coming by...it's not like the city. Life is quiet. No "experienced killer" needed. She may have died by mishap/accident and they got scared and buried her...just a thought.
That is a lot of land and seems a small miracle she was found out all. I'm glad the dad called LE as this could've not been found out at all by the sounds of it.

A little media pressure would be good to spook someone too, maybe just maybe.. someone would get paranoid, crack and confess. Wishful thinking but I would love to see the media be used to make someone sweat.

Interesting what her mom said! I got a different impression...IIRC, I thought it was one of her friends that said 'she wouldn't go anywhere without her rings' but I am foggy and should find the reference for that to be sure I got the info right. JMO there...

I have worn rings my whole life (many more when younger and her age) and I still find a strange spot to discover them but that's just me. I would only take mine off to go to bed and would leave them in the bathroom while washing up or on my nightstand/beside me when I was sleeping. The rings may be nothing too though and a red herring. MOO
I seem to recall a comment made about Madisons rings too. Can't remember who said it or where I got that from but you're right. I'm wondering if she took them off in case they cause a callous while she was riding or something?

Thanks, did you make that, or get it from some kind of research site? Is there some sort of discussion about what it implies? I'm guessing the idea is, her phone would have switched to a different tower if it had been on and it went to where her remains were found.

I've looked and only find Redditer's claiming that 'allegedly' her phone pinged at the campsite until 8 am, and without any discussion of what that would mean.

* she stayed at the campsite at least until well-after sunrise and left after that, taking her phone.

* her phone was discarded close to her campsite when she disappeared, and ran out of juice, and is still there
Or,
*it was left behind and someone came back later, went through the tent and took it.

I can't really see those scenarios fitting well into reality. If it's probable she slept there until 8 am, then why would it have mattered who was the last to leave the party?

Also, if someone took the time/trouble to hide her phone in the dark, that would have meant she was incapacitated and surely dealing with her would be the priority,

Then, why would someone come back for her phone? Unless the person knew there were text messages arranging a meeting - yet if she had planned to meet up, she'd have brought her phone...

I think RCMP have evidence relating to her phone being either shut off, or moved, as well as similar data on other phones, and it's never been released. That's very typically the kind of information that is not released until a trial.

J
I created the image from the cell tower registry. As I understand the information , the phone only pinged off the tower closest to Vanderhoof the whole time and up until just after 8am. I assume that the cell tower would be the same for the location of her remains as it is closer to Vanderhoof. The cell phone might have stopped transmitting because the battery died or because it was destroyed

As I recall , it was Jodie that said about “ not going anywhere with out the rings” it was in the dateline interview

I created the image from the cell tower registry. As I understand the information , the phone only pinged off the tower closest to Vanderhoof the whole time and up until just after 8am. I assume that the cell tower would be the same for the location of her remains as it is closer to Vanderhoof. The cell phone might have stopped transmitting because the battery died or because it was destroyed
Thanks.

I think even back then, telecom experts could broadly estimate how far away the device was, and the general direction. So that movement even in pings to the same tower could be detected.

JMO

As I recall , it was Jodie that said about “ not going anywhere with out the rings” it was in the dateline interview
However, she and Jodi were not close friends, they'd only got together in order to share a tent that night. And I didn't find Jodi to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

I think a bigger issue is the tent being left unzipped. If MS left it that way, IMO she was making a run for her truck. Otherwise, someone probably searched her tent.

JMO

Thanks.

I think even back then, telecom experts could broadly estimate how far away the device was, and the general direction. So that movement even in pings to the same tower could be detected.

JMO
Early in the investigation LE said they “ have everything they need from the phone” I hope that means they can tell that type of data

However, she and Jodi were not close friends, they'd only got together in order to share a tent that night. And I didn't find Jodi to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

I think a bigger issue is the tent being left unzipped. If MS left it that way, IMO she was making a run for her truck. Otherwise, someone probably searched her tent.

JMO
I have always thought that meant she either left not of her own accord or that she had intended on returning with in a minute or 2.

Or,

JMO
The last people to leave the party are important because anybody who leaves up until that point would be unaware that she is there by herself. Fro was planning on staying, but changed his mind at the last minute.

The last people to leave the party are important because anybody who leaves up until that point would be unaware that she is there by herself. Fro was planning on staying, but changed his mind at the last minute.
Again I'm foggy so excuse my lack of details here...and this is just my hypothetical thoughts/questions:

I still find it strange that she would hold out and spend the night alone no matter how much a young woman loves the outdoors or feels comfortable with the area. If her friend changed mind at last minute, she still held out... why?

My friends and I attended lots of bush parties back in the day at rivers, down logging roads, in the forest, out of the town limits, etc. around that age... but even my most daring, adventurous and risk taking friends wouldn't crash alone in a tent after any type of party.

Only two things makes sense to me:

1. She was too tipsy to drive - but then she would call someone. She sounded quite candid and close with her family so easy to call to get picked up

2. She was waiting for someone. Texting in the tent the whole time, with almost all her attention on that at a party and preoccupied I think has to be connected. There is a reason the phone hasn't been found, someone had something to hide on the phone and not just pinging I think.

She could have been set up. Online baiting and set up, even by those who attended the party but might be too far fetched. All JMO, MOO

Ok - so I assume Fro has told police who else was still there, besides Madison. I wonder whether he told them everyone else was gone? Or were they for some reason keeping track of everyone who had left, including Jodi?

I guess I'm a bit confused how anyone who was still there, partying in the dark, at that very late hour, would be paying close attention to who had just gone to bed, vs who had packed up and left. Typically, at a campground party, you're just interested in who's still sitting around the fire drinking, you're not keeping track of sleeping arrangements. You might think, for example, that someone was in the tent with Madison.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back