GUILTY Canada - Man, 26, beaten, tortured, starved, Regina, Sask, 16 April 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He told court he does not want to live the rest of his life in fear of Paxton, who smirked and shook his head at times as the man spoke.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...n-paxton-victim-tells-calgary-court-1.2074982

Just goes to show how disturb DP is and obviously lacks no remorse. If he can react that way toward his victim in a court of law years later it doesn't sound like the counselling is doing him any good and I highly doubt he can be rehabilitated as per his defense's suggestion pfft. Dangerous offender is very fitting and probably always will be. Lock him up and throw away the key. MOO.

Defence lawyer Jim Lutz suggested Paxton can be rehabilitated, and that he should be sentenced to eight years.

And what is most upsetting is how this lawyer can even have the nerve to defend him. Fine show up for the trial because you're his lawyer being paid by legal aid, but don't stick up or vouch for the . It's that simple. If he has to say anything, don't shed the in a favourable light. :maddening: :moo:

The man who was physically and sexually abused and starved for 18 months by Dustin Paxton says he never fled from his abuser because he had suffered brain damage from the beatings and couldn't make rational decisions.
"It was horrible right from the very first day," the man told Tremonti. He said Paxton got mad when he accidentally backed his chair over an extension cord and started hitting him on the head with a steel-toed boot. The abuse he said escalated from there.

In 2009, the man said Paxton beat him with a two-by-four which landed him in the hospital with a broken back, broken ribs, a ruptured bowel and a punctured lung.

The man's mother said the family was told he had been in a work-related accident, that he had only broken his collarbone and that he was on workers compensation.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/dustin-paxton-s-victim-says-brain-damage-kept-him-from-fleeing-1.2437472

My apologies for jumping in with admittedly, a rather random, off the wall question, but it does however relate to LaFortune so, I thought maybe someone here possibly knows the answer..

In my scouring the net for any/all info available about this horrific monster, Paxton, I just happened upon one of many different discussion boards about this case.. While I am not in any way believing that this question/answer are involved in the case.. I do however find that my curiosity has gotten the best of me and am now desperate to know what group of people are referred to as "HA"..

Again it was just a comment made by someone discussing the case and they claimed that the victim had "ratted out members of HA".. Followed by people disagreeing with this having anything to do with "HA" as the crimes committed on LaFortune were not consistent with this group "HA"'s modus operandi..

But nonetheless I cannot figure out what group the initials HA stand for.. As I said this was just a person's theory as to the "why" the victim was tortured..due to his having "ratted out members of this HA group, gang, whatever-ya-wanna-call-it".. MOO is there is no culpability on the part of this victim by any wrongdoing whatsoever on his part..but rather it is an evil b@st@rd who is solely responsible for the heinous tortures he doled out on this young man..

Anyhoo, TiA to anyone who could possibly quell my curiosity of what "HA" stands for that this person was theorizing about in regards to this case..

<<*I am so hoping that someone can atleast point me in a direction of where I may find the answer, as its truly driving me bonkers in not knowing what the hell "HA" stands for!:crazy:>>

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

Hell's Angels and I know what site you're talking about - read everything there with a big grain of salt especially in relation to this case....

My apologies for jumping in with admittedly, a rather random, off the wall question, but it does however relate to LaFortune so, I thought maybe someone here possibly knows the answer..

In my scouring the net for any/all info available about this horrific monster, Paxton, I just happened upon one of many different discussion boards about this case.. While I am not in any way believing that this question/answer are involved in the case.. I do however find that my curiosity has gotten the best of me and am now desperate to know what group of people are referred to as "HA"..

Again it was just a comment made by someone discussing the case and they claimed that the victim had "ratted out members of HA".. Followed by people disagreeing with this having anything to do with "HA" as the crimes committed on LaFortune were not consistent with this group "HA"'s modus operandi..

But nonetheless I cannot figure out what group the initials HA stand for.. As I said this was just a person's theory as to the "why" the victim was tortured..due to his having "ratted out members of this HA group, gang, whatever-ya-wanna-call-it".. MOO is there is no culpability on the part of this victim by any wrongdoing whatsoever on his part..but rather it is an evil b@st@rd who is solely responsible for the heinous tortures he doled out on this young man..

Anyhoo, TiA to anyone who could possibly quell my curiosity of what "HA" stands for that this person was theorizing about in regards to this case..

<<*I am so hoping that someone can atleast point me in a direction of where I may find the answer, as its truly driving me bonkers in not knowing what the hell "HA" stands for!:crazy:>>

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

Dustin Paxton is a dangerous offender, Calgary judge rules

Sheilah Martin, the presiding Court of Queen's Bench judge, said the Crown established beyond a reasonable doubt that Paxton meets all the criteria for being declared a dangerous offender, which carries an indeterminate prison sentence.&#8203;

YES!!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...gerous-offender-calgary-judge-rules-1.2469755

YES!!! May he get a taste of his own medicine in large doses and may he rot in hell for the rest of his pathetic life. Justice has been served. I pray his victim continues on staying strong and all the best in his recovery and future surgeries. :moo:

Dangerous offender who tortured, starved Calgary roommate appealing conviction

Paxton&#8217;s lawyers told the Alberta Court of Appeal that the trial judge made errors, showed bias and shouldn&#8217;t have excluded a defence expert who found the victim&#8217;s testimony unreliable.

&#8220;The judge made a finding based on the perceptions of the complainant,&#8221; said Alias Sanders.

&#8220;Here, the conviction and the finding of what he did is based on the perception of the complainant who &#8230; has difficulty articulating what happened. What&#8217;s lacking in this case is evidence from the complainant of acts and gestures of what leads to the sexual conduct.&#8221;
One of the three Appeal Court judges, Justice Bruce McDonald, questioned the defence&#8217;s argument.

&#8220;It doesn&#8217;t surprise me he suppressed these very degrading events,&#8221; McDonald said.

&#8220;I don&#8217;t find it all that strange that someone, particularly someone who suffered this brain injury, would be vague on those details.&#8221;

http://globalnews.ca/news/2999409/d...y-roommate-appealing-conviction/?sf38729118=1

I don't know how some of these defense lawyers sleep at night and live with themselves. Money is the root of all evil. JMO.

Supreme Court won’t hear appeal of Alberta man convicted in torturing, starving roommate

Thu., May 25, 2017
OTTAWA—An Alberta man who tortured and starved his roommate is not getting a chance to appeal his conviction before Canada’s top court.

The Supreme Court on Thursday dismissed Dustin Paxton’s request to challenge a 2016 ruling from the Alberta Court of Appeal which upheld a guilty verdict of aggravated assault and sexual assault.

Continued at link...

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/05/25/supreme-court-wont-hear-appeal-of-alberta-man-convicted-in-torturing-starving-roommate.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee
Back