Found Deceased Canada - Marie Stuart, 38, pregnant, Abbotsford, BC, 27 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The quietness around this disappearance seems so odd. What on earth could have happened??? How on earth are her family and friends coping??
Please give us a clue Marie, where could you have gone??

The lack of news on this case is strange. The family has not created any type of page on social media which in this day and age is so common. Her husband and her sister in law and brother have Facebook pages. This is so very different from a typical missing person.

I also think that this could be a suicide. Mill lake and the Fraser river are nearby. In the cold water a resurface could be delayed by a few weeks.

Hopefully she reappears safe and sound, but usually these cases don't end well.

The lack of news on this case is strange. The family has not created any type of page on social media which in this day and age is so common. Her husband and her sister in law and brother have Facebook pages. This is so very different from a typical missing person.

I also think that this could be a suicide. Mill lake and the Fraser river are nearby. In the cold water a resurface could be delayed by a few weeks.

Hopefully she reappears safe and sound, but usually these cases don't end well.

Welcome to Ws Saturnsmoon!
It does seem to be very quiet, have not seen anything new although maybe something is going on in the background, a strategy of sorts? imo. speculation.

The quietness fits with suicide or theories of suicide, imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only recently in the same general area there was a mom of an infant who went missing. Her family released that she had post partum depression, and created Facebook pages, held candlelight vigils, and kept attention on her. The news had updates very frequently. Sadly, this mom was found 3 weeks later deceased. It was suicide, but it was shared publicly.

Marie starts out similarly. Missing.. not with medication. But there's almost complete radio silence.

Abbotsford is very close to the US border. I wonder if she was carrying a passport and crossed the border.

I live about 20 miles south of the border in the closest city (Bellingham) and think of her often. I keep an eye out, just in case. As time goes on it gets harder to be optimistic but I'm sure keeping the hope.

The family has just made an appeal - it's posted to Abbynews. The mother is the only speaker. She refers to Marie as having "challenges". I wish they would release more information and create a page on social media. There's just something odd here.

IF Marie is a suicide, then I would expect it to be Mill Lake which is the closest body of water to the Sevenoaks shopping centre. I am very familiar with the area and the closest border crossing is Sumas, which is about 5 miles south from Sevenoaks. The Fraser River is about 5 miles north from the shopping centre.

This is Mill Lake in Abbotsford:

http://www.greatervancouverparks.com/MillLake01.html

http://www.abbotsford.ca/AssetFactory.aspx?did=716

In the map of the lake above, the shopping centre is on the northwest corner of where Bourquin Crescent and Mill Lake Road intersect. I have parked on the south side of the mall, and there is a walkway from the parking lot right into Mill Lake Park. I can't see her being in the park itself this length of time as, IMO, it is fairly busy and a body should have been found by now (unless in the lake :().

A couple of years ago, there was a large population of homeless people set up in the park but I'm not sure if that is still the case. There was a court order last year allowing overnight shelters in city parks, but Mill Lake Park was one of three parks that were excluded from the order

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...parks-legalized-in-abbotsford-bylaw-1.3428884

It bugs me about Marie being easily recognized (can't recall the exact wording right now). Was it because she was very unique, or because she was very sociable? Was she a sympathetic type of person who may have been easily conned by someone she met in the park? As a pregnant woman who may have been walking home, did she tire out and accept a ride from someone?

<modsnip>

There's a bridge not that far away - there was a recent bridge suicide of a post partum mom here in the Lower Mainland that was well publicized. Generally people that jump into the Fraser wash up.. though in the cold weather a resurface could be delayed.

<modsnip>

There's a bridge not that far away - there was a recent bridge suicide of a post partum mom here in the Lower Mainland that was well publicized. Generally people that jump into the Fraser wash up.. though in the cold weather a resurface could be delayed.

Since FL has been referenced a couple of times..
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?320181-Canada-Florence-Leung-31-Vancouver-BC-25-Oct-2016&highlight=Florence+Leung
[h=2]Canada - Florence Leung, 31, Vancouver, BC, 25 Oct 2016[/h]

He had a message for Stuart: &#8220;I love you and I miss you and I want to see you again.&#8221;

Did they have an argument on or off the bus? Did she say (if there was an argument) you will never see me again? Hence "I want to see you again.&#8221;

Domestic dispute, or something more nefarious?

http://www.abbynews.com/news/408526195.html

I don't see her out & about playing Pokemon Go while carrying her passport, unless she planned on leaving...

Or do you suppose Marie made it to the house before DH, grabbed her passport & skedaddled???

Is her passport even missing?

:thinking:

More than six months pregnant now...

:candle:

Where are you Marie???

I don't see her out & about playing Pokemon Go while carrying her passport, unless she planned on leaving...

Or do you suppose Marie made it to the house before DH, grabbed her passport & skedaddled???

Is her passport even missing?

:thinking:

More than six months pregnant now...

:candle:

Where are you Marie???

There's been no information about whether she has a passport or not, or its location. It's possible she has it with her, even if she didn't plan ahead to leave. (For instance, I don't have a driver's license, so if I go somewhere I might need ID, I grab my passport. Yes, I know I should have a state ID, but I keep putting it off.) If they were taking the bus, maybe she didn't have a driver's license. I don't know.

As time goes on I get a worse feeling about this case. She's a couple months from being a mother and it's hard to imagine, even if she'd had conflicts with her family (and we don't really know that that was the case), that she'd be without contact for this long.

Would sure be great for there to be some news about Marie. Or, even some more details -- like what do they mean by "she had some challenges"? The lack of detail about her circumstances is frustrating.

Going to bump this just to keep some attention on Marie. The quietness of this missing person is strange and very sad.
I hope that she turns up and that she's somewhere warm and fed in the mean time.

Why on earth wouldn't her family have set up a Missing FB page some time ago? Who doesn't do that these days?

Agreed. And it's been suggested to them. There is so much about this story that seems strange... but theyre not openly sharing. It's just strange on so many levels.

Agreed. And it's been suggested to them. There is so much about this story that seems strange... but theyre not openly sharing. It's just strange on so many levels.

I always found it very odd that her husband, the day she was last seen, was out playing Pokemon Go. Dude's in his 30's, that's a little old for a grown man to be traipsing around with a pregnant wife in tow, playing such a silly game. Wondering if hubby is a little immature/slow for his age? I can't help but feel that Marie has some type of mental health or other issues?.......maybe a little slow too? I feel the family is not wanting to divulge this, tho the Mom mentioned her having "challenges." Shame on any family who doesn't use Social Media to try and raise awareness/locate a missing loved one, IMO.....particularly one who's pregnant.

I always found it very odd that her husband, the day she was last seen, was out playing Pokemon Go. Dude's in his 30's, that's a little old for a grown man to be traipsing around with a pregnant wife in tow, playing such a silly game. Wondering if hubby is a little immature/slow for his age? I can't help but feel that Marie has some type of mental health or other issues?.......maybe a little slow too? I feel the family is not wanting to divulge this, tho the Mom mentioned her having "challenges." Shame on any family who doesn't use Social Media to try and raise awareness/locate a missing loved one, IMO.....particularly one who's pregnant.
Pokemon Go is played by people of all ages. I know someone who plays regularly in his late 40s and is in full charge of his faculties- he runs a succesful business, gaming is just how he likes to spend his downtime. He likes that Pokemon Go is a game that involves physical activity as an innate part of the game.

Also at the time she went missing, I think Pokego was at its peak and huge amounts of people were playing it just to see what the fuss was about.

I don't think you can judge anyone these days based on their video game habits. I game (different games) with people that range from uni students to people with six figure professional careers to retirees. We've made friends with all kinds of people from all over the world thanks to MMO games. It's really not as antisocial as non-gamers think.

/standard video gamer defence post endeth here

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Reactions: dms

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members