Found Deceased Canada - Marie Stuart, 38, pregnant, Abbotsford, BC, 27 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One thing to think about in Marie's case is that December 2016 was exceptionally snowy and cold here in the Lower Mainland. We got 10" of snow at the end of the first week of December and it stayed cold all the way until Christmas. I had gone home to the US to see my family over the holidays and flew back to YVR on Boxing Day. We had gotten another 10" of mushy snow on top of what was still there. This is very unusual for the lower Mainland. Abbotsford is about 70km (44mi) southeast of Vancouver. The weather stayed cold for several weeks into January. If Marie disappeared on or about the 27th, the weather would have been a significant factor. That would have been a long cold walk even for someone properly geared and fit. Marie was neither.

ETA: This was intended as a reply to Saturnsmoon's post.

I live in the lower mainland as well - yes January was cold. However, the picture of her when she went missing showed her in a winter jacket with boots and a toque. Did you learn otherwise that she wasn't dressed for the elements?

Did you learn otherwise that she wasn't dressed for the elements?

Ya know what, I have no idea what I was thinking. I may have been going off pictures not from the day of disappearance so I'm gonna say I was wrong. The map did get me thinking how tough a walk that would have been and I extrapolated it out a little too far. Mea culpa?

I did a quick news search and there is no new information since the discovery on Friday. It might take a while with the advanced decomposition.

Would clothing have disintegrated with a decomposed body?

Haven't seen any updates in the news re: the badly decomposed body found in abandoned house in Abbotsford on McCallum Road. Anyone see any updates?

Thanks for the update Tara

Where are you Marie? Could she have gone "underground"? Off the grid somewhere? There doesn't seem to be much of a drive to find her :thinking:

Welcome to Ws Alabaster8!
It certainly is surprising that Marie has not yet been located.

Indeed. She was further along pregnancy-wise than I. I've got a 6 week old little one, so I would imagine she'd long since have given birth. Thinking of Marie, hoping for answers for her family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. She was further along pregnancy-wise than I. I've got a 6 week old little one, so I would imagine she'd long since have given birth. Thinking of Marie, hoping for answers for her family.

:baby:Congratulations on your baby!

:baby:Congratulations on your baby!

Thank you! 3 months now and every time
I think of Marie I imagine the baby milestones her little one should be hitting - and how tragic this all is. I pray she's alright.

Bump for Marie.

Coming up on a year. I've failed to understand the lack of attention this case has received. Was she depressed? The only info ever released was that "she has challenges".

I live in Vancouver and haven’t heard ANYTHING about this case until browsing this site. How can that be!? It’s an injustice to Marie. If I were her family, I’d be pushing hard for more media attention. At the very least, I would be creating a social media presence for her.

Tragic. Could have very well been a suicide; overwhelmed with the thought of motherhood amongst other things, the influx of emotions and hormonal changes. I sincerely hope there is justice for this woman, one way or another.

Where are you Marie? Could she have gone "underground"? Off the grid somewhere? There doesn't seem to be much of a drive to find her :thinking:

Her husband has been putting up missing person flyers. (Learned this from his Facebook but I can't link that here.) But from the looks of it, the family just doesn't quite know what to do. They don't seem too social media savvy.

I hope that she is just "off the grid" or living somewhere, happy. But somehow I don't think there's going to be a happy ending. I thought maybe she was depressed (pre-natal depression, perhaps) and maybe suicidal, but now I think there's a chance she met with foul play.

I'm not Canadian but live just south of Abbotsford here in Washington State and think of her often. I wish I'd see her face in a crowd!

:bump:

1 year tomorrow!!!!!!!

:candle:

Where are you & your bubbie Marie???

:thinking:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/3935062/marie-stuart-appeal-one-year-later/amp/

Still nothing. Just looking at the husbands facebook(not allowed to link here) and there is a private investigation firm exploring Marie’s case pro-bono. However, the thing I find so very strange still is why there isn’t an online page sharing photos, information, and getting discussions going. Keeping her face in the forefront of people’s minds should be a priority?? The husband spends all his time putting up posters which is so very limiting.

There is so much about this case that is strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back