GUILTY Canada - Melissa Richmond, 28, stabbed to death, Winchester, Ont, 24 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I still say there is something weird with the SR friend. She was in the media everyday but not now.
I wonder if she was the one in court the other day and also if she is insisting he didn't do it.
Maybe she is throwing out red herrings.

She has demanded a code of silence from her followers. She has also spoken ill-willed toward the media and specific journalists, since Howard's arrest.

It's a bit odd, the hostility, towards those who tried to help find Melissa and her murderer.

Just because the accused murderer isn't to her liking, I might be reminded of her words to find the SOB that murdered Melissa, to paraphrase.

What exactly is going on here, anyway?

JMO

I still say there is something weird with the SR friend. She was in the media everyday but not now.
I wonder if she was the one in court the other day and also if she is insisting he didn't do it.
Maybe she is throwing out red herrings.

I suspect that she has tried to influence the investigation and that she is very definitely on the "no contact" list.

Since one of the confidantes lives extremely close to the recovery location, I wonder if either of the Richmond's were with her the night of the murder?

This I have been wanting to say for sometime but was worried people would jump on me. Maybe I watch too many episodes of Criminal Minds but all of the coincidences are interesting. What if she knows way more than she is saying.

I feel for the parents! First their daughter is immersed in the world of wicca and role playing and, now that she's been murdered, the world of wicca and role playing rallies around the accused.

Exactly.

W.T.F.?

The whole thing is bizarre.

Some of them are accusing the media of spinning the tale of the crazy, murdering blah blah blah, for a storyline.

I am reminded of the old adage, truth is stranger than fiction. Brutal.

Basically, the friend is stating that Melissa was at her home that night and then left without her cell phone. Either she was there or she is repeating what Howard told her. Why would the media print that if they didn't trust her word? Will the media be blamed for misinformation now.

Richmond had been in good spirits when she left her home south of Winchester, she said goodbye to her husband before leaving without her cellphone, Rabinovitch said.

http://www.insideottawavalley.com/n...rth-dundas-woman-as-south-keys-murder-victim/

Basically, the friend is stating that Melissa was at her home that night and then left without her cell phone. Either she was there or she is repeating what Howard told her. Why would the media print that if they didn't trust her word? Will the media be blamed for misinformation now.

Richmond had been in good spirits when she left her home south of Winchester, she said goodbye to her husband before leaving without her cellphone, Rabinovitch said.

http://www.insideottawavalley.com/n...rth-dundas-woman-as-south-keys-murder-victim/

From the same article :

“We really thought she had just bugged out to be with a friend or something, or, that she had run off into a ditch and been injured,” Rabinovitch said. “Absolutely nobody assumed that a loved one goes away for an hour and is the victim of random violence.”

That's the first article that I've read that indicates she planned on being back in an hour.

From the same article :

“We really thought she had just bugged out to be with a friend or something, or, that she had run off into a ditch and been injured,” Rabinovitch said. “Absolutely nobody assumed that a loved one goes away for an hour and is the victim of random violence.”

That's the first article that I've read that indicates she planned on being back in an hour.

Goes away for an hour???? I don't understand, she was gone for longer than that. How does she know about "that hour?" Kbeb, you think she means Melissa said that she would be back in an hour? She said "she goes away for an hour" Was that friend the the home or is she just speaking on behalf of the husband or repeating what he told her? I agree that something awful likely happened to her within a one hour time frame though.

How far a drive is it to South Keys mall? How long does it take to drive there and back?

How far a drive is it to South Keys mall? How long does it take to drive there and back?

It takes 40 minutes to drive one-way to South Keys shopping centre from Winchester, ON.

Second court appearance. From CBC this afternoon. Excerpts.

"A 50-year-old warrant officer with the Canadian Forces who is facing a first-degree murder charge in the death of his wife made his second court appearance today in Ottawa.

Richmond appeared Tuesday afternoon via video link where he looked much more alert than he did at his first appearance when he was officially charged.

His sister and a couple of other supporters were among those in attendance to watch Richmond, who appeared wearing an orange jumpsuit.

Richmond spoke with his lawyers, Jason Gilbert and Richard Addelman, for several minutes over the phone before the hearing began, with some of his family members in attendance.

Richmond, who was ordered not to speak to certain people while he remains in custody, will next appear in court on Aug. 20.

Since his arrest, Richmond has been segregated from fellow inmates at the Ottawa-Carleton Detention Centre, said a source at the prison. Richmond was also on suicide watch."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2013/08/06/ottawa-howard-richmond-court-appearance.html

yes, from their house it would be about 45 minutes. Not exactly somewhere to go for an hour drive. It would take 1.5 hours, plus any time spent in the restaurant if there was a destination and not just a drive.

Also, after a full day, doesn't it seem unrealistic to want to head out again and be up late just for the sake of a drive...especially if she would need to work in the morning. I wonder if she had to work in the morning.

But, if HR is in fact the one responsible for her murder, in an attempt to cover up his role in the murder and make himself look innocent, he would need to give her a reason to be away from him and their house. So, maybe she was never actually going for a drive.

Good find! He was spending time at home and she worked nearby, so it seems safe to assume that she went home after work and they went out in one car that evening to meet with friends.

I suppose that means that either before or after they met with friends, they gassed up the two cars. After meeting with friends, I suppose she went out for her "drive" or else she was murdered at home and the scene was staged.

LE said they seen both MR and HR at the gas station in separate vehicles the night that Melissa went missing and what happened after the couple left the gas station is not known.

If the stop at the gas station would have been before meeting with the friends for a night out, LE would have known what happened after they left the gas station from interviewing the friends due to the timeline of events.

So I think it is safe to say that the gas station stop was after the couple left the company of their friends.

JMO

Investigators later determined that Richmond and his wife were in separate vehicles when they stopped for gas the night Melissa went missing.

Police said at the time that Richmond was driving a 2004 beige Chrysler Sebring with Ontario licence plate RPGGIRL.

What happened after the couple left the gas station is not known.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Howard...ssa+Richmond/8742127/story.html#ixzz2bDXxUYS5

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Melissa+Richmond+husband+arrested+death/8742127/story.html

Goes away for an hour???? I don't understand, she was gone for longer than that. How does she know about "that hour?" Kbeb, you think she means Melissa said that she would be back in an hour? She said "she goes away for an hour" Was that friend the the home or is she just speaking on behalf of the husband or repeating what he told her? I agree that something awful likely happened to her within a one hour time frame though.

I would imagine SR got that story from Howard.

Same as the remarks about her being in 'good spirits' when she left.

I mean let's face it. I doubt Howard would say anything to the contrary, because he'd look suspicious right off the bat.

Ottawa Sun

"The military man charged in the slaying of his younger wife made a brief court appearance by video Tuesday.

Howard Richmond, 50, said little, staring out from the television monitor while the legal formalities took place.

He is charged with first-degree murder in the death of his 28-year-old wife, Melissa Richmond, whose body was discovered near South Keys on July 28.

She had been missing since July 24.

Speaking from the Innes Rd. jail, Richmond answered questions in a strong, clear voice. Stubble adorned his cheeks and chin; deep bags appeared beneath his eyes.

Defence lawyer Jason Gilbert spoke briefly with him over the confidential telephone.

Neither Gilbert nor defence lawyer Joseph Addelman would comment; the court heard they have yet to receive from the Crown any information about police case against case Richmond.

Prosecutor Robert Wadden said the initial disclosure package would likely be made available this week."

Richmond remains in custody; he next appears in court Aug. 20.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/08/06/soldier-accused-of-murdering-wife-held-in-custody

LE is still looking for witnesses who may have seen something or have any information. CBCNEWSWORLD

I'm sorry, but I think this has to be said. I understand the speculation about what happened that night, trust me, I have a lot of questions as well. However, I would suggest that everyone be very careful about even suggesting or hinting at possible conspiracies or involvement of anyone not officially identified by LE as a suspect, even in speculation.

I guess if you have never been known or been close to people that have been involved in a heinous crime before it is fairly easy to ask why would someone support the accused, etc. However, you are looking at a very close knit group of friends who would have spent an amazing amount of time together and believed they knew each other better than siblings living in the same house would have known each other. Police have not released any evidence, not even an official cause of death, that would provide any of this group of friends with 'proof' that their good friend was involved in the death of their other good friend, whom they knew to be very much in love. Of course they are defending him, and standing by him, they believe this is a horrible injustice, and there is no way the police have the right man.

I believe that if the police were to release the things that are being talked about as 'official', you might just find some of those people not so adamant in their defense of their friend. But until he has had due process, and the evidence is put out there, you can't condemn people who are already reeling from losing one close friend for not believing the worst of a second without pretty convincing proof, not just rumour.

It takes 40 minutes to drive one-way to South Keys shopping centre from Winchester, ON.

Hold on... The driving times people were throwing around on the last page (40-45min) are unrealistic. The speed limit is 80km/h, and having made this very drive numerous times I can tell you despite that most people would rather go 90-100km/h and as such it wouldn't be unrealistic to try to make the drive in 30 minutes or just over, especially in light night traffic where you're not likely to get stuck behind someone doing the actual speed-limit. Sure Google's numbers are possible, but they tend to overcompensate for traffic which doesn't exist at that time of day.

Continue...

Hold on... The driving times people were throwing around on the last page (40-45min) are unrealistic. The speed limit is 80km/h, and having made this very drive numerous times I can tell you despite that most people would rather go 90-100km/h and as such it wouldn't be unrealistic to try to make the drive in 30 minutes or just over, especially in light night traffic where you're not likely to get stuck behind someone doing the actual speed-limit.

Continue...

That's fine but why drive there and come right back without doing whatever it is she was going to do? Where is the one hour time line coming from in the first place?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smash5070
Back