GUILTY Canada - Melissa Richmond, 28, stabbed to death, Winchester, Ont, 24 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
130730_se5i5_melissa-richmond-recherches_6.jpg

VIDEO at link shows:
- LE searching cornfield and other areas in Chesterville
- SR talking to reporter in French
- Melissa's car parked in South Keys Shopping Center

http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/ottawa/2013/07/30/001-corps-sud-ottawa-richmond.shtml

Great link Hazel, nice to place a face to a name! xo

For the most part, I didn't get to hear it or see it, but his proposal to his wife was an epic piece of poetry he wrote, that was so amazing and romantic it is still talked about almost 9 years later.

Well, that will probably make the trial as well, I would imagine.

JMO

The thing that gets me, though, is that LE does not know what type of weapon she was stabbed with.

THAT is somewhat odd, IMO.

Yeah, I agree. Usually, if it was a common item, like a kitchen knife or even a combat knife, LE can usually tell.

The thing that gets me, though, is that LE does not know what type of weapon she was stabbed with.

THAT is somewhat odd, IMO.

I think the dozens of "medieval-type" weapons they seized at the couple's house will give them some pretty good clues.

It looks like her and the dress seems similar to one that she is wearing in another photo. Is the man with the knife to his throat the husband?

Wow! What an unusual hobby.

That is Melissa top left with her hand on Howard's shoulder. I'm quite certain of that. Looks like him from other photos I have seen.

That is Melissa top left with her hand on Howard's shoulder. I'm quite certain of that. Looks like him from other photos I have seen.

I read somewhere that Howard had tattoos on his arms also. I'm almost certain Howard is pictured kneeling in front of Mellisa on the far left. (Click on thumbnail for larger picture)

JMO

Attachments

• Addis_SS2012.jpg
    Addis_SS2012.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 42
I read somewhere that Howard had tattoos on his arms also. I'm almost certain Howard is pictured kneeling in front of Mellisa on the far left. (Click on thumbnail for larger picture)

JMO
Yes one of the reporters from his court appearance mentioned he had several tattoos on both arms.

I will wait for the Crown to assemble the evidence, disclose it, and presumably go to trial, unless he confesses, which I can actually see him doing, because I feel his actions have been cowardly, and I don't know if he can face the music.

JMO

Interesting thing about confessions:

There is an automatic ban on the publication of a report that any confession was admitted in evidence at a preliminary inquiry. Such bans last until the trial is over, or the accused is earlier discharged.
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/articles/open-courts-and-publication-bans

So an accused can apparently confess, plead not-guilty and go through a full trial and the confession is automatically not allowed to be published.

I think the dozens of "medieval-type" weapons they seized at the couple's house will give them some pretty good clues.

If Howard killed her in the home, and then didn't dispose of the weapon used somewhere else, then yes, they have probably seized everything in the home and are comparing it to the stab wounds. However, if he then disposed of the weapon and LE have not found it, LE may never be able to identify it.

I guess, LE could have someone familiar with the home look at everything they found and try to identify what was missing, but in an SCA home that would probably be very difficult do to the sheer number of items one collects over the years. Add to that the fact HR was in the military and traveled a great deal, it is possible no one really knows everything he had in the house, so unfortunately, if Howard did it, the weapon may never be identified.

JMO

Hi Joe, as I stated in an earlier post, that is indeed Howard kneeling in front of Melissa. They are the couple on the far left of the picture as you are viewing the picture.

I've been following this thread since page one. You all have done a great job keeping this drama and argument clean. I'm really impressed.

Up until yesterday evening I didn't think I had anything of value to add to the conversation. That is, until I decided to register with the site.

So, there I was looking through the little avatar pics you can choose from to add under your name. I came to this red circle with a grey/silver border and grey back ground. While looking it over I realized I had seen it before. It was the main large pic on HR FBook page. Not similar but the very same pic. Now my brain juices start flowing a bit faster trying to figure out what this is. I always thought it was a strange pic to choose for his FB page. A big red circle.

Realizing it must mean something. Even if only that HR had been a part of this site and just happen to like the red circle pic. I decide to go ask my husband what he thinks. I didn't even have to show him the pic. I just described it. He says, "Oh, that's Hal". Hal?? Who what is Hal? He brought up a page on his computer about 2001 Space Odyssey.

To make a long story short, Hal is a computer. One that loses it's noddle and starts killing people aboard a space ship. Hal seems to have an affection for the main human character Dave. However, Hal feels Dave is betraying him because Dave wants to shut him down.

That's the shallow version of the story. The movie is very deep, You would need to read up on it, or watch the movie for yourself, to get the full meaning of what happens with Hal.

I should add that I was part of the group looking for MR before they shut it down. This is why I had seen HR FB page. I'm not sure when he changed the larger pic to Hal. I think in the beginning Hal was the smaller pic. The police have ways of going back and finding those things out.

I've been following this thread since page one. You all have done a great job keeping this drama and argument clean. I'm really impressed.

Up until yesterday evening I didn't think I had anything of value to add to the conversation. That is, until I decided to register with the site.

So, there I was looking through the little avatar pics you can choose from to add under your name. I came to this red circle with a grey/silver border and grey back ground. While looking it over I realized I had seen it before. It was the main large pic on HR FBook page. Not similar but the very same pic. Now my brain juices start flowing a bit faster trying to figure out what this is. I always thought it was a strange pic to choose for his FB page. A big red circle.

Realizing it must mean something. Even if only that HR had been a part of this site and just happen to like the red circle pic. I decide to go ask my husband what he thinks. I didn't even have to show him the pic. I just described it. He says, "Oh, that's Hal". Hal?? Who what is Hal? He brought up a page on his computer about 2001 Space Odyssey.

To make a long story short, Hal is a computer. One that loses it's noddle and starts killing people aboard a space ship. Hal seems to have an affection for the main human character Dave. However, Hal feels Dave is betraying him because Dave wants to shut him down.

That's the shallow version of the story. The movie is very deep, You would need to read up on it, or watch the movie for yourself, to get the full meaning of what happens with Hal.

I should add that I was part of the group looking for MR before they shut it down. This is why I had seen HR FB page. I'm not sure when he changed the larger pic to Hal. I think in the beginning Hal was the smaller pic. The police have ways of going back and finding those things out.

I saw the red circle thing on HR's FB page too and wondered what it was, as well. Great information. !

i had also seen this on hr fb page, and found it odd when the image changed. i thought if i were a grieving spouse, i likely wouldn't have the motivation to change my profile pic or background image within days of a tragedy.

also, i didn't know anything about the significance or meaning of the image, but it just looks alarming, and i wondered why it was chosen, since people normally choose images to reflect or represent themselves when choosing a profile/timeline pic.

good find.

I can't find the link at this moment, but I remember someone posting something about the group HR and MR were involved in "not believing in fidelity" or something to that matter. IMO the multiple stab wounds indicate that this crime was very personal and I'm wondering if jealousy due to infidelity could be motive. IMO if the motive was insurance money then there wouldn't have been so much overkill. I'm wondering if this view on fidelity is the norm in SCA and if someone could elaborate on what that actually means....Lurking Spectator or anyone with some knowledge?

It's obvious which path Howard's defence lawyers will be taking :

Howard Richmond, soldier charged in wife’s killing, was posted to overcrowded rehab unit
Ill and injured soldiers may not be getting the care they need in an overtaxed system

http://o.canada.com/2013/08/07/howard-richmond-rehab/

:twocents:

I suspect that the crown will come up with a whole bunch of "motive" that has nothing to do with being a warrant officer with the military.

I suspect that the crown will come up with a whole bunch of "motive" that has nothing to do with being a warrant officer with the military.

I sincerely hope they do, because all I hear on the radio these days is about PTSD and about Howard having it. They've even had talk shows with experts in the field of that disorder and the way they talked.. it sure sounded like it would be an excellent defense .

I can't see it flying myself, but we do have a lax Justice System here and it really scares me sometimes.

I can't find the link at this moment, but I remember someone posting something about the group HR and MR were involved in "not believing in fidelity" or something to that matter. IMO the multiple stab wounds indicate that this crime was very personal and I'm wondering if jealousy due to infidelity could be motive. IMO if the motive was insurance money then there wouldn't have been so much overkill. I'm wondering if this view on fidelity is the norm in SCA and if someone could elaborate on what that actually means....Lurking Spectator or anyone with some knowledge?

I'll take a stab at this and I'm going to try to be as upfront and open about this particular subject as possible, without maligning or impugning anyone's character, even anonymously. The SCA began back in the 1960's, in California, and it did have a reputation, as did most college campuses, festivals, ren faires, etc, of being very free and open and upfront about sex. However, just like any other organization or college, a person's choices and preferences were always up to the individual, and there has never been any rules, regulations or official involvement regarding sex, race, or religion by the SCA for participation.

That being said, as the SCA got older, it began to attract a great many different people, thousands across the world. Over the years, attitudes have changed, just like in Society. There are some people in the SCA who believe in polygamy, as in personal choices to have multi-partner relationships. There are some people in the SCA who believe in 'open marriages', such as the individuals involved are married, but can 'date' whoever they want. And, like every other group we have those of us who believe in and practice monogamy. The SCA does not condone, support, condemn, encourage or foster any personal lifestyles or choices. Like most groups, the SCA does not allow any behaviour at an authorized event that violates modern or local law, plus, it does not allow any public religious displays, references or rituals.

Personally, I do not know who in the SCA has which personal preference as to how they wish to conduct their personal relationships, so I can not identify the 'group' for you. Is it possible this was a personal relationship choice between MR and HR? Could be, I have no way of knowing. I don't ask my fellow SCA'ers, or my friends, or my co-workers what their relationship and sexual preferences are. If there is a 'group' who doesn't believe in 'fidelity' as in sexual partnership, it is not an official 'group' of the SCA, or recognized by the SCA. However, it is more than possible there are people who all have the same philosophy regarding sexual or relationship preference, and they are also part of the SCA.

I hope that helps.

I saw the red circle thing on HR's FB page too and wondered what it was, as well. Great information. !

Okay, maybe it's because of my age, but I'm astounded that many internet people didn't recognize the symbol for HAL and Space Odyssey 2001 movie. HR, and a great many other individuals who absolutely love that movie have used that symbol for decades. It is often associated with the idea of 'technological advancement and control', so it is seen as an avatar a lot around the internet. HR had the pic as his small icon, until he changed it to place a pic of him and his wife on his wedding day as the small icon, and the HAL was moved to the larger one.

Great first post, Psalms, welcome to the group. :winner:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusyQ
Back