CANADA Canada - Myra Barter, 51, has mobility issues, uses a cane, poss gone berry picking, no phone or needed meds, Piccadilly, NL, 3 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
missing-woman-myra-jane-barter-piccadilly.jpg

img-6293.jpeg

Myra Jane Barter, 51 years of age, has not been seen since noon on Saturday, August 3, 2024. At that time, she was walking along the Main Road in Piccadilly. Despite multiple searches and investigative efforts, no information has been found that could assist police in finding her. Bay St. George RCMP and the RCMP West District General Investigation Section are continuing the investigation and ask the public to report any information that could assist in locating Barter.

The missing woman has mobility issues and health concerns that require medication. She is currently without her cell phone and believed to be without her medication. Initial information received suggested that she may have gone berry picking.

Numerous searches on land by Stephenville Search and Rescue and RCMP Police Dog Services, as well as vast aerial searches, have resulted in no signs of Myra Barter.

Images of Barter are attached. When she was last seen, Barter was wearing black pants and a light-colored shirt and was walking with a cane.

RCMP asks residents of Piccadilly to check for any available surveillance images, including home surveillance and dash cam footage for possible sightings of Barter, and to report all information to police. No piece of information should be considered insignificant.

Anyone who may have seen Barter since she was last seen around noon, August 3, is asked to contact Bay St. George RCMP at 709-643-2118.

Note: Piccadilly is located in Newfoundland and Labrador, it's a local service district and consists of two fishing villages, Abraham's Cove and Piccadilly. The entire population is less than 400 people. This is a very rural area, it seems.

Last edited:
I wonder if she went berry picking often? Seems to be a difficult task while needing a cane. I just picture a lot of bending, carrying a basket or something and still walking with a cane through what? Grass? IMO IDK, just a thought.

I wonder if she went berry picking often? Seems to be a difficult task while needing a cane. I just picture a lot of bending, carrying a basket or something and still walking with a cane through what? Grass? IMO IDK, just a thought.
I agree, it does seem a bit unusual that she would go berry picking, but perhaps it's a hobby that she enjoys? I really hope that she is safe because she's been missing for a few days already.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bxvice
Back