CANADA Canada - Nadia Atwi, 32, Edmonton, AB, 8 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/nadia-atwi-missing-edmonton-1.4441964
More than 200 people are searching for a woman missing in Edmonton since Friday morning, her family says.

Nadia Atwi, 32, was last seen by her husband at home in the area of 48th Street and 146th Avenue around 6:30 a.m. on Friday, her mother, Salwa Atwi said.

Atwi's vehicle was found in a ditch at Rundle Park around 4:30 p.m. Friday.

nadia-atwi.jpg
Nadia Atwi, 32, was last seen by her husband at home in the area of 48th Street and 146th Avenue around 6:30 a.m. Friday. (Supplied/Edmonton Police Service)
Her daughter's cellphone, wallet and other personal belongings remained in the vehicle, she said.

The Edmonton Police Service is investigating. It's believed Atwi may still be in the Rundle Park area, police said in a media release.
She is a Lebanese woman, around 170-180 pounds and is five feet eight inches tall. She has long, dark brown hair, brown eyes and was wearing dark clothing at the time of her disappearance. She requires medication and may be confused, police said.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3907935/edmonton-police-search-for-missing-woman-in-rundle-park-area/
The 32-year-old needs medication and police warn that she could be confused if approached.
She was last known to be wearing dark clothes and could be wearing a hijab. She may also be missing one or more shoes.

Police say this disappearance is out of character for Atwi, and are asking anyone who has seen her, or knows where she might be, to call the police Complaint Line at 780-423-4567. You can also leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477, or visiting the Crime Stoppers website.

I wonder why they think she may be missing a shoe? Did she leave in a hurry or upset? Very scary. And the amount of overt racism my Muslim friends have faced out west makes this extra scary I'm sure for her family.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/nadia-atwi-missing-edmonton-police-1.4441964
Focus of search for missing woman moves to south Edmonton, police say

Police won't say exactly where in the city the search is being conducted

On Monday afternoon, two officers returned to Rundle Park to collect evidence shortly before 3 p.m.

A forensics officer photographed a section of a wooded area between Rundle Park Drive and the North Saskatchewan River, south of the Rundle Park Golf Course.

Behind the treeline, on a downward slope leading to the river, strips of red and orange tape fluttered from trees and bushes. The words "Search & Rescue" were printed on some of them.

Posters of Atwi have been put up throughout the city and as far away as Fort Saskatchewan, she said. The family plans to search the University of Alberta campus, where Atwi graduated with a degree in education.

"Anybody who has ever met her just knows how kind and generous and funny [she is]," her cousin said. "If you're driving, look at every person walking, if you're in a store, look at every face.

"She's out there somewhere and we need to bring her home."
Heba Atwi said the disappearance is out of character for her cousin.

"She's very friendly, very kind, speaks perfect English," she said. "This is absolutely just crazy. We don't even know what to think, what to do. We're just doing what we can, looking everywhere we can."

I wonder why they think she may be missing a shoe? Did she leave in a hurry or upset? Very scary. And the amount of overt racism my Muslim friends have faced out west makes this extra scary I'm sure for her family.

As her car was found in a ditch I wonder if she could have hit her head, was dazed and got out of her car in a hurry, thus leaving a shoe behind.

Perhaps I am not looking in the right places but the husband seems quiet on his missing wife.

In one article it states that her husband told investigators that her co-worker arrived to pick her up and that he told her that Nadia had already left to pick her up instead. This seems a bit odd to me that Nadia would leave to pick up her co-worker if normally it was the other way around. Would her husband not ask questions as to why she was driving instead? Possibly she is despondent, however if this was the case, you would do a better job at hiding your vehicle if you didn't want to be found. So either she was distressed and went off the road or her car was purposefully ditched there. And surely you wouldn't drive it into a ditch in a random park. So something doesn't add up here. Her husband would of in theory said bye to her and would have known what she was wearing she left. Including the footwear. Did she seem off when she left home? What did she normally wear to work as an example. Does she normally wear those runners? Also, you think her friend would have tried calling her when she arrived to say that there was some miscommunication in who was picking who up... There is no evidence that there was any blood or anything found at the scene from the police report, or in her vehicle.. and her personal belonging are there. So its not theft.. Also, she left supposedly safely from her place int he morning. Normally you would also pick up a friend before you would stop for a coffee.. So again, things aren't adding up... hopefully the police searched their home for any evidence and the cameras in the vicinity of the home. Should be fairly easy to find all the business cameras between her house and Victoria park to come up with some good intel on how the vehicle got there..... others thoughts?

It has been almost a week since she was last seen. No credit card activity? No contact with any family or friends? How does someone just disappear? If it takes a monetary reward for someone to offer up information about her whereabouts, so be it .. just get her home soon!

In one article it states that her husband told investigators that her co-worker arrived to pick her up and that he told her that Nadia had already left to pick her up instead. This seems a bit odd to me that Nadia would leave to pick up her co-worker if normally it was the other way around. Would her husband not ask questions as to why she was driving instead? Possibly she is despondent, however if this was the case, you would do a better job at hiding your vehicle if you didn't want to be found. So either she was distressed and went off the road or her car was purposefully ditched there. And surely you wouldn't drive it into a ditch in a random park. So something doesn't add up here. Her husband would of in theory said bye to her and would have known what she was wearing she left. Including the footwear. Did she seem off when she left home? What did she normally wear to work as an example. Does she normally wear those runners? Also, you think her friend would have tried calling her when she arrived to say that there was some miscommunication in who was picking who up... There is no evidence that there was any blood or anything found at the scene from the police report, or in her vehicle.. and her personal belonging are there. So its not theft.. Also, she left supposedly safely from her place int he morning. Normally you would also pick up a friend before you would stop for a coffee.. So again, things aren't adding up... hopefully the police searched their home for any evidence and the cameras in the vicinity of the home. Should be fairly easy to find all the business cameras between her house and Victoria park to come up with some good intel on how the vehicle got there..... others thoughts?

Welcome to Ws RiverCartel!

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/reward-offered-for-tips-to-help-find-missing-woman-1.3720652
[h=1]Reward offered for tips to help find missing woman[/h]
On Wednesday, her cousin, Adel Elseri, spoke to CTV News.

“Beyond worried, everyone is almost going delusional, thinking and caring and doing everything possible,” Elseri said.

“If a reward is going to help find Nadia we are willing to give any reward the family asks for, the main thing is finding Nadia.”

The family has printed and handed out more than 100 window decals, in the hopes it will generate new tips.

Rbbm.
They found her shoes which indicates that she left wearing them, imo.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/missing-nadia-atwi-family-search-edmonton-1.4445786

Atwi family urges public to keep searching for missing kindergarten teacher
'I just want you alive,' mother says
Nadia is a mother and kindergarten teacher at a private Arabic school in Edmonton.
Her vehicle, a black Chevrolet Equinox with licence plate number BWR 6282, was found in a ditch at Rundle Park around 4:30 p.m. Friday.

A search began shortly after police found her vehicle, shoes and phone in Rundle Park.
Nadia's father, Akram Atwi, said he was "heartbroken" at his daughter's disappearance.

"This is not the Nadia I know," he said. "You always call me ... if you're not feeling well.
"
'They are praying for you everywhere'
Police have not found any significant leads in her sister's case, Randa said.
Since her disappearance, a coordinated social media campaign has been launched by her family and friends. A Facebook group has more than 3,600 members looking for Nadia, hanging posters around the city and employing drones to search over cliffs and areas not accessible by car or by foot.
Randa said they have no reason to suspect that Nadia would have left the city, but said "anything can help."
The family has received messages from families and acquaintances they know in Lebanon.
"They are praying for you everywhere, in every language, every religion," Salwa said. "I hope you will be here, safe, with us soon."
Anyone with information about Nadia is asked to call the Edmonton Police Service at 780-423-4567.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...pdate-on-search-for-32-year-old-missing-woman
With their two-year-old son in his arms, Nadia Atwi’s husband, Ali Fneich, pleaded Thursday for his wife to come home.

“I’m begging you, Nadia, to come back home,” Fneich said, his voice breaking. “Me, your son, every member in your family, everybody in Edmonton is waiting for you … Everybody who loves you is waiting for you. Come back to your son. He just calls your name every night — just come back, please.”

He was speaking at a news conference Thursday where an update was provided on the disappearance of the 32-year-old woman.

Their son, Mohammed, said “Momma, momma” while pointing to the poster his father was holding during the news conference.

Sgt. Kevin Harrison of the Edmonton Police Service missing persons unit said co-ordinated searches across the city included the use of search dogs and the Air-1 police helicopter.

“Another search by air is planned for (Friday),” Harrison said.

This is not the first time Atwi has gone missing, but not for this long, Harrison said, but would not elaborate.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/atwi-disappearance-active-edmonton-police-1.4449621
attachment.php

[h=2]Item found Tuesday, says searcher[/h] On Thursday, searcher Brent Koe with Gerhard Disaster Animal Rescue Services told CBC News that volunteers with the non-profit emergency response group found an item of interest near one of the bridges in Rundle Park Tuesday.
Koe said he could not discuss what exactly was found but said it was later provided to police.
"That's up to the detectives to disclose," Koe said. "It's definitely a lead that hopefully is promising and it will take us further into finding her."
Emergency services and police are still focused on the Edmonton area, Koe said, because there have been no relevant leads outside city limits.
[h=2]'Very active' case[/h] At Thursday's news conference, Harrison said a "large team of investigators" is working on what he called a "very active" case.
"Time is of the essence in any missing persons investigation," he said. "It is critical if you spot her to contact us immediately. We encourage you not to wait."
rbbm.

Attachments

• nadia-atwi.jpg
    nadia-atwi.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 215
finding something on a bridge is...terrifying.

I have to hope the shoe they found was possibly a pair of work shoes, or something of the sort. Wandering around in these temperatures without shoes would be dangerous. I know plenty of women however who wear shoes for driving or commuting and then switch when they get to work.

"She has been reported missing before, but not for a lengthy period of time, Harrison said."

What is the pattern that she has established during previous 'reported missing' incidents?

Without any changes in her circumstances or health or family situation or work situation, might she be simply upping the severity? eg. previously was hiding out at friends house for one day, then a weekend .. now it's a month

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back