CANADA Canada - Nadia Atwi, 32, Edmonton, AB, 8 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure how to create a new post on my tablet. Hope this link works. http://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/downtown-vigil-planned-for-missing-edmonton-woman

Sent from my SM-T377W using Tapatalk
Thanks for posting,
From link.
Emotions boiled over at a candlelight vigil Sunday night for a woman who has been missing for more than a week.

The woman’s husband of five years, Ali Fneich, was chased and punched. Someone shouted “Murderer.” (Police have said Nadia Atwi’s disappearance is not suspicious.)

A shoving match involving several people ensued, and the vigil, which included several dozen people gathered at Churchill Square, dispersed.

Many people asked reporters not to mention that a fight broke out for fear people would no longer help with the search or that Atwi, who has been missing since Dec. 8, would learn of it and not return.

After speaking with police, Fneich told reporters the dispute was “understandable” because the family is dealing with strong emotions.

Well that certainly puts things in a new light. I wonder if there’s a good reason for them to suspect the husband?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Video of the altercation here, wow, how upsetting: https://globalnews.ca/news/3922038/edmonton-police-missing-woman-altercation-nadia-atwi/

more to the story though;

During one of the speeches, Atwi’s husband confronted a woman who was speaking and threw down his candle. Moments later, an argument started behind the group that was gathered there.

Atwi’s husband, Ali Fneich ran into a nearby van. One person threw a candle, while another swung a candle at Fneich. A man approached aggressively with a megaphone, as others stepped in to try and diffuse the situation.

Fneich spoke to the media after things calmed down.

“I wanted one of her nearest family to represent her,” Fneich told reporters about why he got upset. “Considering what’s happening, I think the family (is) passing through hard emotions and we have to all understand that that’s something normal in (these) cases.”

Fneich said efforts need to concentrate on finding out what happened to his wife.

Officers say one person was taken to hospital with minor injuries.

Before the vigil, Fneich called on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to boost efforts to find Atwi. He said police searches have turned up nothing. Police told him even the theory that she went into the North Saskatchewan River is a low possibility, but he wants more resources to search the river.

“Maybe we can find something the police missed,” Fneich said.

He said he’s found an independent organization that has agreed to bring search dogs Monday to scour the area in Rundle Park where Atwi’s vehicle was found.

Fneich believes somebody may have picked Atwi up and is either helping or hiding her.

“I feel somebody’s taking care of her,” he said.

Fneich confirmed Atwi had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder 10 years ago and had been going through an episode.

While she had left before, he had always been in touch with her and she returned within 24 hours.

The last conversation the couple had was at 3 a.m. Dec. 8. She asked him when he was coming to bed and he replied soon.

Police have conducted searches throughout the city in the days following Atwi’s disappearance, including searches with dogs and the Air-1 police helicopter.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/downtown-vigil-planned-for-missing-edmonton-woman

How chaotic. I hope everyone can get themselves together for the sake of Nadia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interview with family members below:
Family of Edmonton woman who went missing a month ago hopes she'll come home
Mother: ‘I don’t want to lose hope, but I’m 100-per-cent sure Nadia’s not here in Edmonton'
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/nadia-atwi-missing-one-month-1.4477174
Snipped...
...They don't know Nadia, but were drawn to her story because she's a mother and teacher.

"She's a mom, so we hope for her to reunite with her son," McNulty said.

"I couldn't imagine being her mother or … not being brought back to my kids," Harding added.

They don't want Nadia to be forgotten, and said more people need to join the search.

"More than nine, anyway," McNulty said.

They plan to move the search to the Strathcona and Evergreen neighbourhoods.

Where are you Nadia?!??!

:candle:

I believe the husband has something to do with it. He basically stopped searching the first week. He was invited out to search when others went out in the last month or two and said he was too busy. He has been on dating sites looking for women to have sex with the whole time his wife has been missing. The weather is getting warmer and the snow is melting. What is done in the dark will come to light. #findnadiaatwi

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

The post regarding the other Nadia (from Calgary) has been removed so as not to cause any confusion.

:wave:

I believe the husband has something to do with it. He basically stopped searching the first week. He was invited out to search when others went out in the last month or two and said he was too busy. He has been on dating sites looking for women to have sex with the whole time his wife has been missing. The weather is getting warmer and the snow is melting. What is done in the dark will come to light. #findnadiaatwi

Is there an MSM link to this information? If not, the information is rumor and will be removed.

Anyone have a link??

Thanks.

Welcome to new members who have joined this discussion about Nadia's disappearance. :welcome:

Some posts have been removed because they violate Websleuths Terms of Service, also known as The Rules, which can be found here.

Additionally, if you are someone who knows the victim or any major case player, please consider becoming what we refer to as a Verified Insider (VI). It is a simple process and instruction how to proceed is found here.

:tyou:

:welcome5: terahabel

Thanks for sharing your thoughts <modsnip>

:thinking:

Makes a little more sense now, why the fight broke out at the vigil...

:moo: :cow:

Hopefully you have contacted the investigators in charge of Nadia's missing case with your information.

:welcome5: terahabel

Thanks for sharing your thoughts <modsnip>

:thinking:

Makes a little more sense now, why the fight broke out at the vigil...

:moo: :cow:

Hopefully you have contacted the investigators in charge of Nadia's missing case with your information.

Yes. I was at the vigil also. It was her side of the family calling him a murderer and trying to attack him. This was after he smashed the candle on the ground. The police were given everything. <modsnip>.... I disagree but who am I..

Just so we're clear ...

A screenshot of a text message has been removed. It is NOT allowed under Websleuths rules because it is not sourced from an official source such as MSM (Mainstream Media) or LE (Law Enforcement). There is no way for us to verify the source of the information.

Unless a member is a Verified Insider, they cannot state something as fact without being able to substantiate the information with a link to an official source such as MSM or LE.

:tyou: sillybilly

VERY clear.

:sorry:

ETA: :wave: tarahabe >>>> :please: become a VI...

---------------

Where are you Nadia???

:tyou: sillybilly

VERY clear.

:sorry:

ETA: :wave: tarahabe >>>> :please: become a VI...

---------------

Where are you Nadia???
I clicked on the VI link but it wasnt working for me. I will try again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back