CANADA Canada- New Brunswick, Saint John River, Burton, Male, Caucasian, 20-50, black /navy “MAD Engine” brand shirt & “BC Clothing” jeans 32/32, 8/11/23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
''The New Brunswick RCMP is asking for the public’s help in identifying human remains that were discovered last week.

According to a Wednesday news release from the RCMP, human remains were found along the Saint John River in Burton on Nov. 8. Thanks to help from a forensic anthropologist, police have determined the deceased to be a Caucasian man between 20 and 50 years old who died sometime within the last 10 years.

The deceased was wearing a size medium dark black or navy “MAD Engine” brand shirt and a pair of “BC Clothing” brand jeans, size 32/32.

The RCMP is working with the National Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains to identify the man. Anyone with information is asked to call RCMP at 1-888-506-7267, or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or at www.crimenb.ca(opens in a new tab).''

November 15, 2023
''Burton, New Brunswick
News release
The West District RCMP is seeking the public's help to identify human remains that were located in Burton, N.B.
On November 8, 2023, members of the West District RCMP Community Crime Reduction Unit began an investigation into the discovery of human remains that were located along the Saint John river in Burton, New Brunswick.
With the assistance of a forensic anthropologist it has since been determined that the deceased would be a caucasian man, between the ages of 20 and 50 years old, who would have died within the past 10 years. At the time of his death, the individual was wearing a dark (black or navy) size medium 'MAD Engine' brand shirt, and a pair of 'BC Clothing' brand jeans size 32/32.

The RCMP is coordinating their efforts with the National Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains to help identify the human remains, and is asking for anyone with information that could help identify this individual, or further the investigation, to contact the New Brunswick RCMP at 1-888-506-7267. Information can also be provided anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by downloading the secure P3 Mobile App, or by Secure Web Tips at www.crimenb.ca.''

November 15, 2023
''Burton, New Brunswick
News release
The West District RCMP is seeking the public's help to identify human remains that were located in Burton, N.B.
On November 8, 2023, members of the West District RCMP Community Crime Reduction Unit began an investigation into the discovery of human remains that were located along the Saint John river in Burton, New Brunswick.
With the assistance of a forensic anthropologist it has since been determined that the deceased would be a caucasian man, between the ages of 20 and 50 years old, who would have died within the past 10 years. At the time of his death, the individual was wearing a dark (black or navy) size medium 'MAD Engine' brand shirt, and a pair of 'BC Clothing' brand jeans size 32/32.

The RCMP is coordinating their efforts with the National Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains to help identify the human remains, and is asking for anyone with information that could help identify this individual, or further the investigation, to contact the New Brunswick RCMP at 1-888-506-7267. Information can also be provided anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by downloading the secure P3 Mobile App, or by Secure Web Tips at www.crimenb.ca.''
wish we had info about height, if any hair was still on the remains, etc. Of course, can't come to any definitive conclusions, but his pants size (32/32) is pretty small, so I wouldn't expect him to be very tall, and on the skinny side.
'within 10 years' PMI is also vague, but I'm guessing he was likely skeletal, so PMI could be no more recent than a couple months...

Is this the same company as the t-shirt? About

In the about section it says they started in 1987 and it appears they make merchandise for brands and companies, retailers as well. Was there any printing on the shirt? They make licensed products (Disney, Fortnight etc). Idk if that helps to ID or not.

Now on RCMP!
This individual was of European descent (Caucasian) and died during the last ten years (but before the 2023 spring floods).

So...DLC is now somewhere between ~2013 and April 2023. I'm guessing they are assuming his remains were dislodged due to the floods.

Now on RCMP!
This individual was of European descent (Caucasian) and died during the last ten years (but before the 2023 spring floods).

So...DLC is now somewhere between ~2013 and April 2023. I'm guessing they are assuming his remains were dislodged due to the floods.
From link, ty..
    • Blue pants, size 32L/32W, BC Clothing brand
    • Pants
    Denim, Blue, Blue pants, size 32L/32W, "BC Clothing" brand
    • Dark shirt, medium size, MAD Engine brand
    • Shirt
    Dark shirt, medium size, "MAD Engine" brand
  • ''Case reference: 2023063040​

The skeletal remains of an unidentified male thought to be between the ages of 20 and 50 have been discovered on the Saint John river coast line near Burton in New Brunswick. According to an anthropology assessment, this individual was of European descent (Caucasian) and died during the last ten years (but before the 2023 spring floods).
    Discovered at Burton, New Brunswick''

wish we had info about height, if any hair was still on the remains, etc. Of course, can't come to any definitive conclusions, but his pants size (32/32) is pretty small, so I wouldn't expect him to be very tall, and on the skinny side.
'within 10 years' PMI is also vague, but I'm guessing he was likely skeletal, so PMI could be no more recent than a couple months...
Not necessarily correct regarding the height & size. I often wear 32/32, and I’m a shade over 6 feet tall & 185 lbs. Sometimes a 32” inseam is a bit short for me, but often it’s just right, and I’m a fairly long legged 6 feet at that. And a 32” waste is perfect on me. So he could easily be 6 feet or even 6’1” and 180-190 lbs.

Last edited:
Not necessarily correct regarding the height & size. I often wear 32/32, and I’m a shade over 6 feet tall & 185 lbs. Sometimes a 32” inseam is a bit short for me, but often it’s just right, and I’m a fairly long legged 6 feet at that. And a 32” waste is perfect on me. So he could easily be 6 feet or even 6’1” and 180-190 lbs.
very true! i think i forgot that men often have proportionally shorter legs (i wear a 32" inseam and im 5'5"). I was hoping a height estimate would be listed on the rcmp site, but I guess not... I wonder if the remains were incomplete? Still though, they can estimate (not perfect, but better than nothing) height from the length of long bones.

If my research is accurate (basing it off the logo used in Mad Engine's corporate websites) the t-shirt dates to late 2019 at the oldest. Most of their licensed shirts seem to have the property logo at the back of the collar but they do have some seasonal/generic unlicensed designs that use the Mad Engine logo. I found at least one such shirt on Poshmark et al with tags from Kohl's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RockList
Back