GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the north end of the woodlot there is a "driveway". Looks like the only way to access the woods.

Now looking at the MSM photo and the google view, doesn't appear that that "driveway" was used. It's not cordoned off.

The person who took the snow photo..did she say she ventured there by car or on foot..because let me tell you this...Its scary as heck at night out there..if there was a killer on the loose..theres no way Id be walking at night...even if i had 2 bodyguards with me

The sign in the news photo shows the same in the linked google maps.... pet sign , when you zoom around..

Why do I not see this? Im a crappy sleuth!
I see Franz Turkey Farms Ltd on streetview

My cutting out of maps is horrible as it doesnt appear to work for me

Why do I not see this? Im a crappy sleuth!
I see Franz Turkey Farms Ltd on streetview

I have been reading each post and you are by no means a crappy sleuth canadiangirl! Maps are just not everyones 'thing' so-to-speak, lol.

:)

If you follow the road past that indentation , the remainder up to the other major intersection is vastly farmland... IMO this is the only area that I think its a wood lot.. and what does woodlot mean to the general public? To me, it means an area that has been sectioned off as designated for cutting trees.. Anyone else know what it means beyond that?

At the north end of the woodlot there is a "driveway". Looks like the only way to access the woods.

The news photo is taken, facing south, from a location 1689 yards north of the Mandaumin Line/Rokeby Line intersection. (use the google maps ruler to get you there)
You can see the Happy Paws Pet Resort sign in both views.

I have been reading each post and you are by no means a crappy sleuth canadiangirl! Maps are just not everyones 'thing' so-to-speak, lol.

:)

lol well thanks!! you're right about maps not being my "thing" I couldnt find my way out of a paperbag. Thank god for GPS!!!

But come on, these guys are linking this stuff and I STILL dont see that pet sign .. :(

All well, I'll take the word of our map savvy sleuthers!

woodlot [ˈwʊdˌlɒt]
n
(Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Forestry) an area restricted to the growing of trees Also called (esp Canadian) bush lot

lol well thanks!! you're right about maps not being my "thing" I couldnt find my way out of a paperbag. Thank god for GPS!!!

But come on, these guys are linking this stuff and I STILL dont see that pet sign .. :(

All well, I'll take the word of our map savvy sleuthers!

try 4030 for the sign and then go from there to the photo part

Hmmm Im not so sure. There's a sign in the news photo that isnt anywhere on the google maps streetview? The streetview is date stamped July 2012 so fairly recent ...

Hey guys, this was covered in the first thread by a number of people very familiar with the area.

Found Deceased Canada -*arrests* Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia ON, 31 Dec 2012 - Page 11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Links to the previous threads :
1 Found Deceased Canada -*arrests* Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia ON, 31 Dec 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
2 Found Deceased Canada -*arrests* Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia ON, 31 Dec 2012 -#2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Lol, no problem :)

GPS is an awesome aternative to all of us less map savy individuals. Normally, I myself, am NOT a map person either. Hence my surprise when I actually located it as well and a bit of shock I might add.

It must have been SO hard for AC to notice anything in the snow... I wonder if she used a spot light, like old cop cars have. I can imagine it must have been pitch black out when she went looking...and eerie!!!

Can you link, from the previous threads, the street view where the news pic was taken. I can't find it.

In the meantime, if you copy and paste the following coordinates into google map

+42° 52' 25.89", -82° 14' 8.72"

it will take you there.

It must have been SO hard for AC to notice anything in the snow... I wonder if she used a spot light, like old cop cars have. I can imagine it must have been pitch black out when she went looking...and eerie!!!

Not really... On that road (and roads similar where there aren't a lot of houses or drives off the side, at night) with snow banks under 2 feet your headlights would pick up irregularities and odd shadows formed by depressions in the snow. Especially as the driver would sit up higher than the snow, pending vehicle physiography.

It's not a wide shoulder on Mandaumin Road, about half a car width, so anyone pulling over, might be pulling over into the deeper unplowed (undisturbed snow) and it probably would've stood out like a sore thumb.

If you follow the road past that indentation , the remainder up to the other major intersection is vastly farmland... IMO this is the only area that I think its a wood lot.. and what does woodlot mean to the general public? To me, it means an area that has been sectioned off as designated for cutting trees.. Anyone else know what it means beyond that?

This is what I found as a definition of woodlot.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j..._Yd36qxLKGwNiT041YOqA&bvm=bv.1357316858,d.aWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dibbledabble