Found Deceased Canada - Norah, 11 & Romy Carpentier, 6, Quebec, 9 July 2020 *father died of suicide*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm wondering if the father had a second vehicle stashed somewhere close to where the VW 'crashed'. Perhaps the whole scenario was staged to appear that all three were in the VW when it crashed, using the melting ice cream cones as evidence the girls were in the car.

I checked online regarding the fact that the airbags did not deploy. There have been lots of issues and complaints with the VW Passat regarding airbags not deploying in front end, rear-ended collisions. It appears that the company redesigned the vehicle's airbags in 2017.
Volkswagen Passat Air Bag Not Deploy Problems - part 1

Locals have stated they heard screaming late at night. I initially assumed it was because the girls were involved in a car crash. But what if they were agitated and upset because their dad drove them somewhere nearby and left them in another vehicle while he went through the motions of crashing his own car? Even as I write this it seems so improbable, especially when you consider the amount of damage the car sustained: all windows blown out, the tires blown, flipped over - and no deployment of airbags. All those add up to grievous physical injuries. It seems impossible that all three occupants could have exited an upside down vehicle in the time the driver Lyne Provenchar, who witnessed the crash, got to the scene.

Amber Alert lifted: Two young girls' bodies found after search

It's beginning to sound like Carpentier was trying to commit suicide after harming his own children.

What worries me is that the St. Lawrence river is only about a couple of miles away.

I'm wondering if the father had a second vehicle stashed somewhere close to where the VW 'crashed'. Perhaps the whole scenario was staged to appear that all three were in the VW when it crashed, using the melting ice cream cones as evidence the girls were in the car.

I checked online regarding the fact that the airbags did not deploy. There have been lots of issues and complaints with the VW Passat regarding airbags not deploying in front end, rear-ended collisions. It appears that the company redesigned the vehicle's airbags in 2017.
Volkswagen Passat Air Bag Not Deploy Problems - part 1

Locals have stated they heard screaming late at night. I initially assumed it was because the girls were involved in a car crash. But what if they were agitated and upset because their dad drove them somewhere nearby and left them in another vehicle while he went through the motions of crashing his own car? Even as I write this it seems so improbable, especially when you consider the amount of damage the car sustained: all windows blown out, the tires blown, flipped over - and no deployment of airbags. All those add up to grievous physical injuries. It seems impossible that all three occupants could have exited an upside down vehicle in the time the driver Lyne Provenchar, who witnessed the crash, got to the scene.

Amber Alert lifted: Two young girls' bodies found after search

It's beginning to sound like Carpentier was trying to commit suicide after harming his own children.

What worries me is that the St. Lawrence river is only about a couple of miles away.

Oh dear, I posted above before checking the status of the search. Poor little girls. What a terrible tragedy.

Oh no :(. The article above confirms they were found but isn’t clear if they are actually deceased.
It sounds like they were found close together
I wonder if this is in the area where the girls screams were heard Thursday night?
Poor sweet angels

Hold on ... 11 minutes ago !!

Quebec provincial police have found 2 unconscious bodies of girls missing with their father

A Sûreté du Québec spokesperson said paramedics are evaluating the girls' condition.

"We're not confirming any deaths at this time," Sgt. Ann Mathieu said.

Yes exactly! It’s all so unclear as to whether they survived. Maybe they wanted to notify next of kin first before confirming publicly? We can only hope that the girls somehow survived

Agh tweet was removed.
Maybe they located him but did not succeed yet in stopping him.. I do hope they find him alive ! And I hope that what they keep saying in the media.. that they are evaluating the state of the girls mean that they are still alive.. Poor children that become victims of adults' rage and frustration.

Maybe too much to hope for, but am hoping the girls were just "inanimate" due to shock and hypothermia.

If they were outdoors overnight, even though night temps in the area were not that cold (approx 20 Celsius), hypothermia can set in if the body temp drops below 35 Celsius for any length of time.

ETA: Edited .. as this is closer to Quebec City, the night temps were about 20 C (not 24 C as previously stated by me)

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState