CANADA Canada - Noreen Greenley, 13, Bowmanville, Ont, 14 Sept 1963

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Human remains have been found in Bowmanville. Any chance this could be her, or has too much time passed?
Thank you for the link!
Ws thread..

Last edited:
June 26 '24 rbbm
''Citing a notebook from a deceased detective, investigators stated at the time of her disappearance, Noreen was pregnant. Her possible fate was taking a boat across Lake Ontario of her own accord and ultimately giving birth to a baby boy in Syracuse, N.Y.''

''Friends told the family following the presser that Noreen was NOT pregnant and she would never leave on her own.''
''If you have any information or want to learn more about Noreen, the family has established a Facebook group or the Durham Regional Police.''

September 13, 2024
1726368129377.png
Saturday marks the 61st anniversary of her disappearance, which also was a Saturday.

''Last year on the 60th anniversary, Durham police shared new details about the case, like the fact that her father told investigators in 1968 she intentionally left home.''

''In an email to Durham Radio News, Greenley’s family said they want to keep the awareness going and they still feel someone out there may have answers about what happened to Noreen. They are also still hopeful that they may find her some day.

Durham police previously set up a dedicated tip line for the case and anyone with information can call police at 905-579-1500 ext. 5444.''

Hmmm, the plot thickens. So I'll address the elephant in the room. Neither obituary of her parents mentioned Noreen, even though they mention offspring previously deceased. I find that very odd. The only other obits I've read on WS where the individual was not mentioned in their parents' obits was Ann Caldwell a college co-ed who disappeared in AZ in 1956. In her case, the premise is that AC left home voluntarily, LE found her and said they'd advise the parents, etc. after that heard nothing again. The people keeping her alive are those who think she met foul play or those who agree she left under her own steam.

So, we've heard some stories regarding NG's disappearance and they wildly differ. One was she was at her friends house but was probably kicked out because her friend wanted alone time with her boyfriend so she left. No reports of her catching the bus. Then there's the report that a family member saw her in a car, heard screams as the car speeded away. Now we've got reports she was pregnant, went to the US and had the baby and gave it up for adoption.

I'm not sure which one I believe but I also think someone is telling the truth and the other stories are actually a coverup of why she left. So it begs the question, if she was pregnant who impregnated her? I have my suspicions. I don't know how old that image is of Noreen but if it was a recent pic she was very young looking. Back over 50 years ago the onset of menstruation was much later than it is now. Probably around 13 years and usually took a couple of years to regulate making pregnancy difficult unless the girl involved had been engaging in sex on a regular basis.

Hmmm, the plot thickens. So I'll address the elephant in the room. Neither obituary of her parents mentioned Noreen, even though they mention offspring previously deceased. I find that very odd. The only other obits I've read on WS where the individual was not mentioned in their parents' obits was Ann Caldwell a college co-ed who disappeared in AZ in 1956. In her case, the premise is that AC left home voluntarily, LE found her and said they'd advise the parents, etc. after that heard nothing again. The people keeping her alive are those who think she met foul play or those who agree she left under her own steam.

So, we've heard some stories regarding NG's disappearance and they wildly differ. One was she was at her friends house but was probably kicked out because her friend wanted alone time with her boyfriend so she left. No reports of her catching the bus. Then there's the report that a family member saw her in a car, heard screams as the car speeded away. Now we've got reports she was pregnant, went to the US and had the baby and gave it up for adoption.

I'm not sure which one I believe but I also think someone is telling the truth and the other stories are actually a coverup of why she left. So it begs the question, if she was pregnant who impregnated her? I have my suspicions. I don't know how old that image is of Noreen but if it was a recent pic she was very young looking. Back over 50 years ago the onset of menstruation was much later than it is now. Probably around 13 years and usually took a couple of years to regulate making pregnancy difficult unless the girl involved had been engaging in sex on a regular basis.
Not true. Her father's obiy in 1969 and mothers in 1991 both list Noreeen plain as day. I'm not sure where you're getting your misinformation on that one

Not true. Her father's obiy in 1969 and mothers in 1991 both list Noreeen plain as day. I'm not sure where you're getting your misinformation on that one
I'm sorry, I was certain I read a couple of obits that did not list Noreen in them. I will ask the administrators to delete my post.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BecStar
Back