Found Safe Canada - O’Driscoll-Zak sisters, 2 & 5, abduction by aunt & grandmother, Cochrane, 12 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is just the saddest situation. Mom needs to recognize real soon that they are only little kids for awhile and they absolutely grow up and figure out for themselves who the abusive parent is/was. What a shame that somebody hasn’t talked some sense into her by now ... and her whole family is following her lead. My heart goes out to the little girls dad ... and their paternal grandparents and family. I sure hope the authorities make decisions “in the best interest of the children” real soon. BTW...where are the kids? Do we know? MOO

The last report somewhere in the news is that the kids are with their father, in hiding, with the knowledge of the RCMP (local police).

But Justice Johanna Price said she will step down as case management judge so Jacqui O’Driscoll Zak can focus on what’s in her daughters’ best interest, rather than the judge’s involvement in the case.

The appeal judges reserved their decision...”

I saw two little girls this evening out with their dad and couldn't help but think of the Zak-O'driscoll girls.

I recall Justice Price refused to recuse herself but did step down as the case management judge. Has there been any news on the appeal decision tabled last May?

Hope followers are keeping safe. Cheers!

I saw two little girls this evening out with their dad and couldn't help but think of the Zak-O'driscoll girls.

I recall Justice Price refused to recuse herself but did step down as the case management judge. Has there been any news on the appeal decision tabled last May?

Hope followers are keeping safe. Cheers!

Nothing at all that I’ve noticed, not even news reports regarding the outcome of the kidnapping charges. Hopefully everyone has calmed down now and are only focusing on the children’s wellbeing.

Latest, now the mother of the girls and her father have been charged in relation to the crazy abduction of the two children, good move, it’s almost impossible they didn’t know what was happening. It became obvious IMO when they made no public plea for the return of the girls.

“……RCMP charged their maternal grandmother, 68-year-old Therese O’Driscoll, and aunt, 38-year-old Alison O’Driscoll with four abduction-related charges each for allegedly bringing the sisters there. The charges include forcible confinement.

At the time, RCMP warned that anyone who might have assisted in the abduction would also face charges.

As of Monday, the girls’ mother Jacqueline, of Rocky View County, is charged with abduction in contravention of a custody order, and Michael, of Cochrane, is charged with public mischief…..”

I wonder the status of Grandmom and Auntie's charges?
Good on authorities for closing in on Granddad and Mom.

Both Jacqueline and Michael are scheduled to appear in Cochrane Provincial Court on July 26.

RCMP Cpl. Gina Slaney said this was a significant investigation.

“Investigations can last years and years,” Slaney said. “There are lots of things that have to be done in these sorts of investigations and it was just determined that charges were approved and that’s why these charges are coming now.”

this whole case is bizarre, mom took the kids and say RCMP knew they weren't in danger, and now the whole O'D family is basically charged and the dad gets exactly what he wants custody of the girls with zero contact and now the girls are being alienated from their mother and maternal aunts and grandparents. I don't get it. I don't understand this case at all. ooh well he has a new baby and new baby momma

this whole case is bizarre, mom took the kids and say RCMP knew they weren't in danger, and now the whole O'D family is basically charged and the dad gets exactly what he wants custody of the girls with zero contact and now the girls are being alienated from their mother and maternal aunts and grandparents. I don't get it. I don't understand this case at all. ooh well he has a new baby and new baby momma

Two people who didn’t have custody of the children abducted them. Two other people who also didn’t have custody helped with the abduction. They’ve all been charged accordingly. Because they did that, they likely have supervised visits or no visits at all with the children.

The father who had full legal custody awarded by the courts at the time his children were abducted still has custody.

Two people who didn’t have custody of the children abducted them. Two other people who also didn’t have custody helped with the abduction. They’ve all been charged accordingly. Because they did that, they likely have supervised visits or no visits at all with the children.

The father who had full legal custody awarded by the courts at the time his children were abducted still has custody.
Thanks for the update. This is more along the lines I expected -- mom having supervised visitation. I don't see the father doing what the mother of his children did to him.

Mom brought this all on herself. Her conduct was one of entitlement and where the law did not apply to her, period.

No winners. :(

MOO

Missed noticing this update from December. It appears as if cooler heads might be prevailing as the respective charges work their way through the court system although no additional recent updates to be found. I think this case is an example of how SM and outside influence may create unfounded hysteria and provoke people into taking senseless action for a cause that never was there.

Grandmother pleads guilty to abducting Cochrane girls in contravention of custody order​

The maternal grandmother of two Cochrane girls who went missing after their father was granted interim custody pleaded guilty Wednesday to their abduction….

……In June, Cochrane RCMP laid further charges against the girls’ mother and grandfather, Michael O’Driscoll.

Those charges remain outstanding as the two attempt to sort out legal representation. They’re next due in court Jan. 3.

Following the abduction, the mother’s lawyer, Diann Castle, argued before the Alberta Court of Appeal that Price was wrong to have switched custody to the father after finding Jacqueline O’Driscoll in contempt.

But a three-member appeal panel found Price was acting within her power to change the custody arrangement after the contempt finding.

Because Simenik elected to proceed by summary offence, rather than indictable, the maximum punishment Therese O’Driscoll could face would be a fine of $5,000 and two years less a day in jail….”

Missed noticing this update from December. It appears as if cooler heads might be prevailing as the respective charges work their way through the court system although no additional recent updates to be found. I think this case is an example of how SM and outside influence may create unfounded hysteria and provoke people into taking senseless action for a cause that never was there.

Grandmother pleads guilty to abducting Cochrane girls in contravention of custody order​

The maternal grandmother of two Cochrane girls who went missing after their father was granted interim custody pleaded guilty Wednesday to their abduction….

……In June, Cochrane RCMP laid further charges against the girls’ mother and grandfather, Michael O’Driscoll.

Those charges remain outstanding as the two attempt to sort out legal representation. They’re next due in court Jan. 3.

Following the abduction, the mother’s lawyer, Diann Castle, argued before the Alberta Court of Appeal that Price was wrong to have switched custody to the father after finding Jacqueline O’Driscoll in contempt.

But a three-member appeal panel found Price was acting within her power to change the custody arrangement after the contempt finding.

Because Simenik elected to proceed by summary offence, rather than indictable, the maximum punishment Therese O’Driscoll could face would be a fine of $5,000 and two years less a day in jail….”

It's hard to know how to feel about cases such as this one. I have no idea about who the players are, or anything about their lives, but I do feel compassion for children in families that are divided by internal warfare. The courts don't always grant custody according to the best outcomes for the children. I understand that non-custodial parents and grandparents can take desperate measures when they believe that the children are not well served, or worse, that they are endangered by judicial orders.

Several years ago, our neighbour drove across the county to BC to retrieve his two grandchildren from their unhoused, drug-addicted mother. They've been here ever since and have graduated from high school, but he could have been facing jail time. It's a tough, tough call. And so I cast stones at no one and hope that the right decisions have been made by all. There's a great deal of sadness in this story.

It's hard to know how to feel about cases such as this one. I have no idea about who the players are, or anything about their lives, but I do feel compassion for children in families that are divided by internal warfare. The courts don't always grant custody according to the best outcomes for the children. I understand that non-custodial parents and grandparents can take desperate measures when they believe that the children are not well served, or worse, that they are endangered by judicial orders.

Several years ago, our neighbour drove across the county to BC to retrieve his two grandchildren from their unhoused, drug-addicted mother. They've been here ever since and have graduated from high school, but he could have been facing jail time. It's a tough, tough call. And so I cast stones at no one and hope that the right decisions have been made by all. There's a great deal of sadness in this story.

Yes bad decisions do happen but the grandmother was not involved in the court custody battle for custody of the children, nor was she rescuing the children from bad situation. It appears she just didn’t agree with the court ruling.

Considering the several appeals by the mother regarding the Judge’s final decision and quite a bit of time has already passed yet that decision remains unchanged, I’m it was made with the best interests of the children in mind. Without a doubt, CPS has been involved to ensure their wellbeing. JMO

Very true.

However, in this case, I think all that followed this short thread will agree this was a situation where it was not in the best interest of the children to remain with a mother that was intent on continuing to manipulate the children (and the court too) with parental alienation. MOO

I got out of this that the mother is finally admitting to the contempt of court (how could she not?) which is a civil matter otherwise it’s looking more and more as if little or nothing will come of the other charges in terms of sentencing, set to occur Aug 3rd.

I got out of this that the mother is finally admitting to the contempt of court (how could she not?) which is a civil matter otherwise it’s looking more and more as if little or nothing will come of the other charges in terms of sentencing, set to occur Aug 3rd.

can't believe the other charges will be dropped - so they get away with kidnapping

'All four O’Driscolls will appear in Calgary court on Aug. 3, where it’s expected the charges against the aunt and mother will be dropped.'

can't believe the other charges will be dropped - so they get away with kidnapping

'All four O’Driscolls will appear in Calgary court on Aug. 3, where it’s expected the charges against the aunt and mother will be dropped.'

Yes and the grandmother who already plead guilty will probably get a sentence of a couple of hours of community service or less. JMO

I loosely know the dad - I will leave it at that.

”….Provincial court Justice Judith Shriar on Thursday approved a joint sentencing recommendation — tweaked throughout the day by lawyers — for 70-year-old Therese O’Driscoll, giving her a one-year conditional sentence order that will see her serve three months on house arrest, three months on a curfew and the remaining six subject to multiple conditions. An identical sentence was imposed on grandfather Michael O’Driscoll, 73….

……Both grandparents, the mother and the aunt faced multiple charges in relation to the abduction. Prosecutors withdrew charges against Alison on Thursday and are in the process of withdrawing charges against Jacqueline…

……Simenik said Michael lied in conversations with the RCMP, telling officers he didn’t know where his granddaughters were and falsely cast blame on their father, telling officers “he believed Colin may have harmed (his daughters).”

“He falsely reported to police that his wife, daughter and granddaughters were missing. Information provided to the police prompted them to pursue investigation into Colin’s potential involvement,” said Simenik. “Meanwhile, Michael knew the children were secure and in the care of their grandmother at an undisclosed location.”

Simenik noted that the RCMP investigation of the matter cost upwards of $750,000……

……..Zak (the girls’ father) gave an emotional victim-impact statement in a Calgary courtroom Thursday morning, offering a tearful description of the devastating effects the abduction had on him and the girls.

“My life has been financially and emotionally devastated by this crime. I fear for what (the O’Driscolls) might do next,” said Zak. “For the past 20 months, my children and I have been left to relive this trauma over and over again. My fear is real and shouldn’t surprise anybody.

“This crime has had and will continue to have lifelong consequences for both myself and the girls.”….”

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue
Back