Canada - Paul Morgan, 79, philanthropist/oral surgeon, murdered, Toronto, 14 April 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i'm pretty sure you can buy or own a car without insurance...... at the very least, you had insurance and it lapsed. they won't come get your car that i've seen. same with lapsed driver's licence...... they will come get car if they think you are driving it, but not sure what the burden of proof would be....

you could just drive someone else's car too

It’s not really an important issue whether MM owned the car but if MM is guilty of the offences below, what car he drove, if it was his or if it was the doctor’s I don’t think would be a prime concern to him considering he wasn’t legally allowed to drive in the first place. But now facing a murder charge, those charges pale in comparison.

As a result of the investigation, Makoons MEAWASIGE, 23 year-of-age from Toronto was charged with:
  • Fail to Comply with Recognizance (six counts), contrary to section 145(3) of the Criminal Code (CC),
  • Drive No Licence, contrary to section 32(1) of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA), and
  • Careless Driving, contrary to section 130(1) of the HTA.
Traffic complaint in Bruce Mines leads to multiple charges | myAlgoma.ca

Whoa whoa... Not everyone who works with troubled young men faces situations of violence though. Yes, it happens, but not to everyone. Just hate to stereotype or say there is no reform.

No idea if that is what happened here, just didn't want to suggest that is what I meant.
Responding late to this post, but what I've encountered in places where there are, even just sometimes, troubled young men, there is a conscious effort to reduce the potential for violence and protect the workers. There will be other people around, or, if you are working alone, there will some type of protocol for who to call and what coded message to give if you feel threatened, or what room you can lock yourself into, etc. This is not an issue for, eg, elementary schools or Seniors Centres.

June 9 2022
''Toronto oral surgeon Paul Morgan was running a fishing camp in Northern Ontario when he first met his killer, then no more than four years old, the young son of teen parents struggling with addiction.

Morgan was known as a champion of Ontario’s Indigenous communities. He employed young Makoons Meawasige-Moore’s father at the camp, near Elliot Lake, Ont., and he collected art and literature from Indigenous artists like his grandfather.

Many people who knew Morgan called him “Doc.”

Years later in 2016, when Meawasige-Moore was in his late teens and in serious trouble living in Toronto’s shelter system and on the streets, Morgan invited him to live in his split-level North York home, as he had done with other youth, many of them Indigenous artists and musicians.''

''On Thursday, the now 25-year-old pleaded guilty to the reduced charge of manslaughter, admitting to striking Morgan’s face with a blunt object multiple times as the elderly man lay either asleep or unconscious, according to an agreed statement of facts read out in court by Crown attorney Patrick Clement.''

Meawasige-Moore, who apologized to Morgan’s family and many friends, has slightly less than three years to serve behind bars.''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher
Back