CANADA CANADA - Project Kare: Is this Edmonton's Serial Killer??

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some years ago an ex-STW toured me around Svekla's hunting grounds and showed me the place where Svekla had gotten most of his victims. It's derelict building ... a real eyesore place the city wants to renovate to better use. I'm not sure if I should believe her stories bc she also gave the same info to LE (KARE) and they apparently didn't act on it, and she was known to do conspiracy stories. At the time the building was open for business (an eatery) she was a close friend of the person who brought in STW's to "care" for them. Svekla would drop in when he wasn't working up north. She claimed there were at least 2 others besides Svekla who murdered, however they have ceased in the area of Edmonton if there was any truth to that story. Since the area is doing a beautification project, the building still sits bc ownership and city are still involved in some legal wranglings. I don't have a link for any of this and am just telling it the way it was presented to me and something which I am skeptical of myself. Since there is a project going on to clean up the area, I may consider to contact the chairperson of the committee and offer some of this in hopes they can get LE to recheck the building for clues ... only that my biggest fear is that will bring LE to my doorstep when all I am is the bearer of a story which was told to me.

BBM

Where is the location of this building? What city/town? Who are the other victims? Svekla was convicted of one murder and found not guilty on another. While LE has not said who else they suspect are his victims (or maybe they have), they appear to be -

Edna Bernard - last seen Sunday, 22 Sep 2002 Edmonton - found later the same day, set on fire in Leduc. One account reads that she was afraid of someone prior to that day.

Six weeks later -
Debbie Lake - last seen 4 Nov 2002 about 2:30 am (Edmonton?). Found 12 April 2003 in/near Camrose, south of Leduc.

Twenty days later -
Monique Pitre - last seen 24 Nov 2002 (Edmonton?), found 9 Jan 2003 northeast of Edmonton. Where?

Six weeks later -
Melissa Munch - last seen 6 Jan 2003 Edmonton, found 12 Jan 2003 northeast of Edmonton in Ardrossan (north of Sherwood Park where others have been found) - same as Monique Pitre?

Three months and three weeks later -
Katie Ballantyne - last seen 27 April 2003 (Edmonton?), found 7 July 2003 Leduc.

Plus the one he was found not guilty of? Lack of evidence? It's all so difficult to follow imo with so many women.

<modsnip>I think the most realistic theory is that Svleka is responsible for many of the Edmonton murders but now that he is jailed, there is a new SK reponsible for the Amber Tuccaro and Mackenzie Harris murders. I feel that Bonnie Jack, Leanne Benwell, and Brianna Torvalson may be victims of this possible new SK as well. Another (less likely) possibility is that the Theresa Innes murder was an isolated event, and the real SK is still out there committing murders. <modsnip>

Here is a timeline for info you provided buckeye05 in post #82 - some info is likely already here, some on other threads. This is a refresher for myself and 1 or 2 questions can't find the answer to.

Thomas Svekla was arrested May 2006 - unable to find exact date he was taken off the street. Multiple articles.

Bonnie Jack - last seen 2 March 2006 or 2 May 2006 - have seen both dates. Two CBC articles report March. Found 16 May 2006 Sherwood Park area.

http://www.cbc.ca/missingandmurdered/mmiw/profile/bonnie-lynn-jack

Can anyone confirm March or May? Rule Svekla in or out?

Leanne Benwell - last seen 12 March 2007. Reported 15 April 2007. Found 21 June 2007 Wetaskawin south of Leduc.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...-mother-of-slain-edmonton-prostitute-1.637111

Shannon Collins - last seen Dec 2007 (exact date?). Reported Sep 2008. Found June 2008 Sherwood Park, formally identified Dec 2008.

http://globalnews.ca/news/459397/fi...-in-connection-with-death-of-shannon-collins/

This article states an arrest was made in 2013. Edit to add - no article to reflect conviction to date.

Brianna Torvalson - last seen about 7 Feb 2008 Edmonton. Found 21 Feb 2008 Sherwood Park.

http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=7ff88dac-963a-4b16-9796-f57e86ef81ca

Amber Tuccaro - last seen 18 Aug 2010 Sherwood Park. Found 1 Sep 2012 Leduc. Has a WS thread.

Mackenzie Harris - last seen in a park in Leduc 1 Aug 2015. Found 3 Aug 2015 in Calmar near Leduc. Mackenzie may have left a message prior to her death (how can anyone be sure it was her?) 'Someone please help me. I'm in Leduc stranded. They are trying to hurt me. I have no shoes. Someone help.'

http://globalnews.ca/news/2145905/developing-police-responding-to-call-for-assistance-in-calmar/

OK Shannon Collins was murdered by Shawn Wruck so scratch that one off the list. I was under the impression that her murder was still unsolved.

Also that quote from Mackenzie Harris was a facebook status, not a message she left.

OK Shannon Collins was murdered by Shawn Wruck so scratch that one off the list. I was under the impression that her murder was still unsolved.

Also that quote from Mackenzie Harris was a facebook status, not a message she left.

Post #84 edited to add no conviction reported to date for Shannon Collins.

Bonnie Lynn Jack last seen March 2, 2006... approximately 2 months before she was found most references. Rule Svekla in.

For future reference -

Shawn Lee Wruck - born c 1974. Arrested just prior to 5 April 2013 (exact date unknown) he was 39 then. He lived in Edmonton at one time, arrested in Kelowna BC.

First degree murder of Shannon Collins - Dec 2007 or early 2008. Found 5 June 2008, last seen Dec 2007. Found in Strathcona County, Alberta - aka Sherwood Park where other missing women have been found.

http://globalnews.ca/news/459397/fi...-in-connection-with-death-of-shannon-collins/

Shawn Wruck was arrested 4 April 2013.

http://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/89982/Charged-with-murder-5-years-later

More Shawn Lee Wruck -

... had some kind of relationship with Collins, although they won&#8217;t specify the nature of that relationship.

... there&#8217;s nothing to indicate she was involved in the sex trade.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/04/...to-appear-in-edmonton-provincial-court-monday

Is this unrelated to the other missing and murdered women? Given the location Shannon was found, it's difficult to know.

Fwiw, noting cold weather in the disappearances of 4 of the women listed in post #84.

Bonnie Jack - last seen 2 March 2006.
Leanne Benwell - last seen 12 March 2007.
Shannon Collins - last seen Dec 2007. Could be unrelated per post #91.
Brianna Torvalson - last seen about 7 Feb 2008.

BBM

Where is the location of this building? What city/town? Who are the other victims? Svekla was convicted of one murder and found not guilty on another. While LE has not said who else they suspect are his victims (or maybe they have), they appear to be -

Edna Bernard - last seen Sunday, 22 Sep 2002 Edmonton - found later the same day, set on fire in Leduc. One account reads that she was afraid of someone prior to that day.

Six weeks later -
Debbie Lake - last seen 4 Nov 2002 about 2:30 am (Edmonton?). Found 12 April 2003 in/near Camrose, south of Leduc.

Twenty days later -
Monique Pitre - last seen 24 Nov 2002 (Edmonton?), found 9 Jan 2003 northeast of Edmonton. Where?

Six weeks later -
Melissa Munch - last seen 6 Jan 2003 Edmonton, found 12 Jan 2003 northeast of Edmonton in Ardrossan (north of Sherwood Park where others have been found) - same as Monique Pitre?

Three months and three weeks later -
Katie Ballantyne - last seen 27 April 2003 (Edmonton?), found 7 July 2003 Leduc.

Plus the one he was found not guilty of? Lack of evidence? It's all so difficult to follow imo with so many women.

The city is Edmonton Ab. The victims that were attributed to Svekla and no evidence was found, all worked 118 th Avenue strip going east from around 95th str.
I should not have gotten into this conversation bc my time is very limited at the moment. There's a lot of info on the Net regarding Svekla<modsnip>.

These are the four found just east of Leduc that I thought they were linking together. If LE is including Amber's murder then that blows the theory of Svelka being responsible for Katie, Delores and Corrie. The simple fact that Amber was found so close to Delores and Corrie makes a person wonder did Amber's killer really know the area that well. And as I understand it Delores and Corrie were found so close together that you'd have to trip over one to find the other. JMO

Katie Ballantyne - 27 April 2003, found 7 July 2003
Delores Brower - 13 May 2004, found 19 April 2015
Corrie Ottenbreit - 9 May 2004, found 19 April 2015
Amber Tuccaro - 18 August, 2010 found 1 September, 2012

<modsnip>

I don't dispel information too quickly and always keep things people say as a reference because you never know when you might come across that one piece of information that fits in like a piece of puzzle connecting everything together. There are quite a few really twisted people in our society and they do cross paths and yes, horrific things that happened at Pickton's farm do happen other places as well. We already know that to be fact. Look how long the rumors were flying around about Pickton before LE finally went in, even before they attempted to go in. Imo, if people don't realize it by now, that LE are generally the last to act after the rumor mill is already turning out power. Never say never; we already have many references in which theory has been turned into fact. JMO

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ab/community-communaute/kare/index-eng.htm
Tips/report: 1-877-412-KARE (5273)

[h=1]KARE/Pro-Active Team[/h]The KARE/Pro-Active Team, a sub-unit of &#8220;K&#8221; Division&#8217;s Missing Persons Unit, was originally created to investigate the deaths of several vulnerable missing persons in the Edmonton area. Known to many as &#8220;Project KARE&#8221; since the unit&#8217;s inception in 2003, KARE&#8217;s mandate has expanded considerably. The team, a model of which police organizations across the country have based their own vulnerable missing persons units on, investigates and reviews files of missing vulnerable persons throughout Alberta.
Through investigational strategies, KARE strives to minimize the risk of murder to vulnerable missing persons within Alberta. These strategies have been developed throughout the implementation of the program and continue to evolve.
KARE has advanced significantly since its inception and is no longer considered a "project&#8221; within &#8220;K&#8221; Division. Its creation also served as a catalyst for the creation of &#8220;K&#8221; Division Missing Persons unit that now encompasses the KARE/Pro-Active Team, Alberta Missing Persons and Unidentified Human Remains (AMPUHR) initiative, and a specialized Victims Services Coordinator. The Missing Persons Unit falls under the Serious Crimes Branch and is strategically linked to the Historical Homicide Unit.
[h=2]Pro-Active Team[/h]In the spring of 2003, a vulnerable persons project team &#8211; Project KARE &#8211; was formed in response to a number of found human remains in the Edmonton area. Today, lessons learned from early KARE cases have led to a holistic approach to identifying and educating those who may be at higher risk of becoming a missing person. Teams canvass, identify and register people engaged in vulnerable lifestyles in various cities in Alberta. This High Risk Registry Program is completely voluntary and the information collected is retained explicitly for the purpose of identification.
The program consists of three main components:

• collection of personal information
  • harm reduction/education
  • criminal intelligence
Personal engagement between Pro-Active Team members and those living a vulnerable lifestyle have expanded to include regular meetings with those in remand centres, correctional facilities, PSECA ( Protection of Sexually Exploited Children Act) homes and social care facilities.
Tips/report: 1-877-412-KARE (5273)
Email: RCMP.KKare.GRC@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

There will be some cleanup going on in this thread this aft, so if your post goes poof, there's a reason.

Just some general reminders:

WS deals in linkable MSM info or fact from LE. We don't deal in RUMOUR. There are a couple of sites/blogs that have been referenced that are not approved (Z*****K*****North and UN****** C*****). Please do not bring names or information here from those sites.

If you state something as fact, be prepared to provide a link to MSM to support it or a link to an official law enforcement website. If it is not an established fact through those sources, make it very clear that it is your opinion only.

No bickering or insulting/accusing/sleuthing other members.

As in all threads about SK's, lots of folks have theories/opinions/POIs, so if anyone has a concern about safety, please flag the post with the Alert button or bring it immediately to the attention of Mods/Admin via PM for their review.

:tyou:

Link to WS Rules:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

Ahahaha.... that comes as such a big surprise.... of course they didn't act on it; apparently they didn't act on following up with the 3 women who reported the same voice on the Tuccaro cell phone recording to them... even after CBC National aired the segment on June 8th of this year and the reason for that could be because apparently their budget never allowed for pens and paper to write down and record the reports because apparently they didn't record 2 out of 3 of those reports on the man that they apparently claimed was not a person of interest.... And of course this is all only my opinion.

Imo, I would believe every word she said... and then some.

Good point, clouddippingdown. Why does the government refuse to acknowledge this? They must know something. And given the evidence, I would assume it's multiple people, and they're working together. Trained together to murder.

These are the four found just east of Leduc that I thought they were linking together. If LE is including Amber's murder then that blows the theory of Svelka being responsible for Katie, Delores and Corrie. The simple fact that Amber was found so close to Delores and Corrie makes a person wonder did Amber's killer really know the area that well. And as I understand it Delores and Corrie were found so close together that you'd have to trip over one to find the other. JMO

Katie Ballantyne - 27 April 2003, found 7 July 2003
Delores Brower - 13 May 2004, found 19 April 2015
Corrie Ottenbreit - 9 May 2004, found 19 April 2015
Amber Tuccaro - 18 August, 2010 found 1 September, 2012

This suggests cooperation, no?

Who is Katie Ballantyne? There is a Sylvia Ballantyne found 7 July 2003 - Katie does not show up as a first name on anyone mentioned to date.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susanna410
Back