CANADA Canada - QC - Lucie Gelinas, 21, Trois-Rivieres, 23 April 1973

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lucie and Guy disappeared together. They are from Trois-Rivières. They wanted to go to Vancouver by car. My mom was Guy's neighbor in the 1960-1970. His family and my mom's family were friends.

Guy's parents are dead now but he still have brothers and/or sisters.

I'm new on this site so I don't understand everything that is been said on this conversation and I'm french canadian, so I'm sorry for my english.
Welcome/ bienvenue to Ws Glo_!

Wow. When I saw that they were found near I-95 and I looked at a map of I-95 versus Trois-Rivieres, I could immediately see how possible that match might really be.

Interestingly - and I realize this is some sort of bias on my part - I assumed the "friend" she was supposed to meet would have been female. But perhaps the friend was male.

Great observation, sloane7777!
Like others, I have been following this case avidly. And I searched high and low for the Quebec doctor angle, alas to no avail lol. As a Canadian, it will be interesting to see if the campground worker who supposedly interacted with this JD, is correct and if JD was telling the truth re. his estranged father due to not following his footsteps into medical field!

Lucie and Guy disappeared together. They are from Trois-Rivières. They wanted to go to Vancouver by car. My mom was Guy's neighbor in the 1960-1970. His family and my mom's family were friends.

Guy's parents are dead now but he still have brothers and/or sisters.

I'm new on this site so I don't understand everything that is been said on this conversation and I'm french canadian, so I'm sorry for my english.

It's wonderful that you are here. It's almost impossible to find someone who knows someone who knew the family, especially nearly 50 years later.

Can you remember what your mom talked about in relation to Lucie? Lucie wouldn't have been any different than thousands of other young people all over Canada who were ready to spread their wings and discover their country or America and Europe. Like I said in posts regarding the Sumter Does, it was a rite of passage to decide to travel to the west coast, maybe by car or rail or even hitchhiking. It was the norm then.

Do you know whether Lucie's parents ever had any contact with her after she left home? Back then, if you said you were on your way to Vancouver your parents and friends never expected to hear from you until you arrived. And depending on the mode of transport several weeks could go by before someone was concerned.

I know people who stopped in Banff for a week or so, hung out in Golden, or ended up traveling through the northern states, especially if they were hitchhiking and just went the way the wind blew them.

I don't know if you are aware that Lucie has been ruled out as a match to many unidentified Jane Does across Canada and the US.

It's wonderful that you are here. It's almost impossible to find someone who knows someone who knew the family, especially nearly 50 years later.

Can you remember what your mom talked about in relation to Lucie? Lucie wouldn't have been any different than thousands of other young people all over Canada who were ready to spread their wings and discover their country or America and Europe. Like I said in posts regarding the Sumter Does, it was a rite of passage to decide to travel to the west coast, maybe by car or rail or even hitchhiking. It was the norm then.

Do you know whether Lucie's parents ever had any contact with her after she left home? Back then, if you said you were on your way to Vancouver your parents and friends never expected to hear from you until you arrived. And depending on the mode of transport several weeks could go by before someone was concerned.

I know people who stopped in Banff for a week or so, hung out in Golden, or ended up traveling through the northern states, especially if they were hitchhiking and just went the way the wind blew them.

I don't know if you are aware that Lucie has been ruled out as a match to many unidentified Jane Does across Canada and the US.

My mom did not know Lucie, she knew only Guy Carignan.

I'm sorry, I don't know the meaning of 'Sumter Does'

I know that my grandfather got a call avec they left Trois-Rivières from the police or a new employer. They were asking questions about Guy Carignan but not about Lucie. Guy Carignan worked a little bit for my grandfather.

I wasn't aware that Lucie has been ruled out as a match to many unidentified Jane Does.

I did not do a lot of research about them. Maybe I will start I just don't know how.

My mom did not know Lucie, she knew only Guy Carignan.

I'm sorry, I don't know the meaning of 'Sumter Does'

I know that my grandfather got a call avec they left Trois-Rivières from the police or a new employer. They were asking questions about Guy Carignan but not about Lucie. Guy Carignan worked a little bit for my grandfather.

I wasn't aware that Lucie has been ruled out as a match to many unidentified Jane Does.

I did not do a lot of research about them. Maybe I will start I just don't know how.

The ‘Sumpter Does’ are a case of a young man and woman murdered in South Carolina. For a long time, they were thought to be from Canada, which they are mentioned in reference to Lucie and Guy, but they have just been identified and seem to have not been from Canada at all.

The ‘Sumpter Does’ are a case of a young man and woman murdered in South Carolina. For a long time, they were thought to be from Canada, which they are mentioned in reference to Lucie and Guy, but they have just been identified and seem to have not been from Canada at all.
Sumter Does' identities were scheduled to be released yesterday. In case anyone is interested, there's a press conference scheduled for 2 p.m. Eastern time today, per: Sumter's 1976 John and Jane Doe remains identified, to be revealed

How likely is it that Lucie went south of the border? During his confession in 1989, Ted Bundy claimed that his first victim was an unidentified hitchhiker who he picked up in Tumwater around May of 1973. He wasn't too sure about the month - nor did he provide much details. Someone else in this thread claimed that there were links to Washington, Oregon, and other states.

How likely is it that Lucie went south of the border? During his confession in 1989, Ted Bundy claimed that his first victim was an unidentified hitchhiker who he picked up in Tumwater around May of 1973. He wasn't too sure about the month - nor did he provide much details. Someone else in this thread claimed that there were links to Washington, Oregon, and other states.
Welcome to Ws@wcasewatch, thanks for chiming in!

Ted Bundy - Newspapers.com
img

If Lucie was going out west like many Quebecois back in the 1970's, I can't see her traveling down to the States. Almost everyone I ever knew who went out west with the idea of eventually ending up in California, drove or hitched their way through Canada rather than the US. Sometimes, their hitchhiking journey did take them through some northern states but overwhelmingly they traveled through each province. It was a journey rather than a destination and part of that was to see their own country.

I have no doubt that Lucie is the victim of foul play and even though there are some UIDs I've seen in the US that resemble her I believe she met her fate in Canada.

It does seem unusual to have several young adults go missing in a relatively short time period but I think the economic situation in Three Rivers was at a very low ebb what with the mining and mill industries which were the lifeblood for TR for a couple of hundred years. It is a beautiful historical city that has reinvented itself but back then there wouldn't have been much for young people. You didn't need a university education in TR back in the 50s, 60s and early 70s; you didn't even need to finish high school; you could make good money in blue collar jobs back then.

I also heard that biker gangs caused some problems in Montreal, Trois Riviere and Drummondville back in the 1970s. I think a couple of males who went missing back in the 70s may have been victims of foul play.

It would be interesting to know whether @Glo_ mom could shed any light on that issue.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place
Back