CANADA Canada - Rachel Pernosky, 18, Mission, BC, 16 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That enbankment is soooo steep, more like a mini cliff...

Yes, and it's a weird place to stop and ditch a body. The perp would have to leave the vehicle on the side of the road (basically no shoulder) with the chance of other traffic coming along while he was getting the body out of the car, carrying it over to the side and then either dumping or carrying it down that embankment. Not to mention that there is a house right next door. There are certainly more private locations where this could have been done without risk of being seen.

BUT he got away with it. At least for now. So either he was really dumb, drunk or knew the neighbours?? Which I doubt. Probably drunk/dumb combo.

Just trying to make this world a safer place for our children.

It was after 12:30 at night, so it was dark. If she was in a vehicle, then the perp may have turned off the lights near the embankment (would have to be local and know what's there), driven slowly and quietly and left quickly.

Hey Otto :) well she was found what... 3 days later. So there wasn't much planning and he is still dumb :p
My mom used to live on that road.

Hey Otto :) well she was found what... 3 days later. So there wasn't much planning and he is still dumb :p
My mom used to live on that road.

I understand that she was having a cigarette outside at 12:30 AM and was seen by a neighbour talking with a man at around the same time. At 1:00 AM, they didn't see her anymore. Since all her things were left at home, it sounds possible that someone stopped and she spoke to that man. It also sounds like he then forced her to go with him. I can't imagine an 18 year old going anywhere without a phone except - maybe - a quick trip to his vehicle and back.

Was she at a party earlier in the evening?

I wonder if she was raped etc. grrr people out there. You can't trust anyone. My kids think I am paranoid because I always lock my doors and don't answer unless I recognize who it is. (Except in the summer. They are wide open shhh) Can't trust anyone these days. Miss the days when everyone could leave their doors unlocked!

But ya. Someone has to know who she was with that night. Unless of course it was an online fling. Which why would she not tell at least a close friend about a guy worth meeting.... I'm sure they will catch this culprit soon. And I sure in the heck hope I don't know him! I grew up there.

Ok that sounded bad. Of course I don't know him. But you never know these days.

Well, I think that, judging by her tweets, "Rachel Pernosky ‏@rachelapernosky 14 Mar - Kicking myself in the *advertiser censored*! Feel Like I just ruined something that could have been so great.. 😲", that her boyfriend (possible ex) is someone they should be talking to...Haven't heard anything new on her case, but I hope that they get to the bottom of this and quick. For the sake of her family. :"(

It was after 12:30 at night, so it was dark. If she was in a vehicle, then the perp may have turned off the lights near the embankment (would have to be local and know what's there), driven slowly and quietly and left quickly.

Don't know if you know the area or if you've seen the video, but the road is a two lane paved country road, with narrow shoulders, and the road curves right there. Also, there is another road that comes down the hill from a subdivision, and intersects with Old Orchard right across from where her body was found. . Dark on a curvey road with steep banks and possibility of anyone coming down from all those townhouses ... either very stupid or very ballsy when you are carting a body around in your vehicle. Like I said before, there are a ton of other places that would not have involved that much risk. Whew !!! Even isolated rest stops off the freeway would have been less risky.

I'm well acquainted with the Valley, but have only been on that particular road twice. Was talking with a friend of mine who is more familiar with the location where Rachel's body was found. Their immediate response was "wow, had to be someone who is familiar with that area".

FWIW, that same friend emailed me today and said "my niece knew Rachel quite well and I think she had custody of her son, and he was only at the dad for a weekend visit". (Don't know ... take it with a grain of salt; could be old info from my friend, could be mis-info, etc)

I understand that she was having a cigarette outside at 12:30 AM and was seen by a neighbour talking with a man at around the same time. At 1:00 AM, they didn't see her anymore. Since all her things were left at home, it sounds possible that someone stopped and she spoke to that man. It also sounds like he then forced her to go with him. I can't imagine an 18 year old going anywhere without a phone except - maybe - a quick trip to his vehicle and back.

Was she at a party earlier in the evening?

No word as to whether she had or hadn't been out earlier otto.

When I read the witness account I thought .. must have been pretty close to see that they were in fact having a cigarette and "drink". I'm wondering if there was something in that drink. BTW, the witness owns rental property on Kyte St and some other out-of-town rental properties. Wonder if she was Rachel's landlord and that's why she was able to see so clearly. If it was me, i sure wouldn't be going public with what i saw until a perp was firmly ensconced behind bars. But, that's just ol' chicken me ;)

MOO (or cluck, cluck)

Well, I think that, judging by her tweets, "Rachel Pernosky ‏@rachelapernosky 14 Mar - Kicking myself in the *advertiser censored*! Feel Like I just ruined something that could have been so great.. ��", that her boyfriend (possible ex) is someone they should be talking to...Haven't heard anything new on her case, but I hope that they get to the bottom of this and quick. For the sake of her family. :"(

IHIT sounded pretty confident, and I think we'll be hearing something pretty soon. Sure hope so anyway :crossfingers:

Just throwing this out there - could this be the work of a serial killer?

Just throwing this out there - could this be the work of a serial killer?

There is another girl who is missing from chilliwack. She went missing Wednesday, she was last seen walking from her grandmothers. I don't have a link but if you google Emily Dawn James missing you will find a little (very little) info. I am not sure where her grandmothers place is located in chilliwack. I grew up in Chilliwack (Sardis Area) and I definitely think someone had to have known the area as well I agree a weird place to put her. Maybe he got scared and didn't want to drive any further? This is so very sad, I hope justice is served and quickly. RIP Rachel....

Have we heard cause of death? I'm wondering whether she was abducted, put up quite a struggle and was then killed shortly after the abduction ... like the plan went wrong ... and then he wanted to quickly remove her from his vehicle.

There is another girl who is missing from chilliwack. She went missing Wednesday, she was last seen walking from her grandmothers. I don't have a link but if you google Emily Dawn James missing you will find a little (very little) info. I am not sure where her grandmothers place is located in chilliwack. I grew up in Chilliwack (Sardis Area) and I definitely think someone had to have known the area as well I agree a weird place to put her. Maybe he got scared and didn't want to drive any further? This is so very sad, I hope justice is served and quickly. RIP Rachel....

James? Coincidence?

Wonder if she's related to the witness LJ in Rachel's case.

Missing of Canada tweeted 3 hours ago that Emily has been found safe. :)

https://twitter.com/MISSINGofCANADA

Well, the silence is deafening, ain't it ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch
Back