Identified! Canada - Regina, SK, WhtMale 720UMSK, 20-30, hit by train, Jul'95 - Michael Kirov (Lewis)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, although they are both possible.

I like Block's eyes better - Branton seems to be

However I think Branton would be a lot easier to sleuth. Block sounds as though he was barely in contact even before going missing and so his details, family members and so on may be hard to track down. I think he's too old to be Jason Doe but the circumstances match real well, don't they?

ETA: I want to call this one in but don't know what I would say. Any suggestions?

Before calling in, I always make sure I have all the relevant info in separate windows (or browser tabs) on my computer screen. Charley Project doesn't usually list NCIC numbers, so you should look around to see if that info is available elsewhere (DoeNet or NamUs) for your MP. And of course, make sure that you have the UID's NCIC number (or comparable Canadian UID ID Number) available.

I then usually start by telling the person that you are looking at their case and that you are wondering if [Missing Person A] has ever been looked at or ruled out. If not, then you provide all of the info, and offer to send them links via e-mail. (It also might be a good idea to prepare your e-mail message beforehand, so you can kick it off right away if they prefer an e-mail submission.)

And I always ask for a rule-out list so that we don't waste their time unnecessarily with redundant submissions.

Thank you CarlK. Do you suggest I e-mail the Regina Police with a possible match? I already feel like I've bothered the investigating detective in a way with possible matches that were nothing.

Thank you CarlK. Do you suggest I e-mail the Regina Police with a possible match? I already feel like I've bothered the investigating detective in a way with possible matches that were nothing.

Yeah, I think you will get a better response if you contact the agency in charge of the decedent's case than if you take it to the MP's investigating agency.

Ok, that means contact Regina Sask Police, right?

I have passed the match on to the lead investigator but she is forwarding it to the new investigator in cold cases. She did say she thinks David Block has been ruled out, but atleast she looked and said they'll double check!

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site althought I've been websleuthing for a few months. I'm definitely a greenhorn.

I was wondering if this individual has been ruled out?

https://findthemissing.org/cases/2245/0/

He fits the physical descriptions, his disappearance date is consistent and his family believes that he may have been travelling through Canada. He's originally from Maryland which is not "New England" but is definitely "out East".

A few months ago, I had submitted this match to US authorities but haven't heard anything. As with many cross-jurisdictional investigations, there's probably a lot of red tape.

New information recently updated to the Ontario Provincial Police website:

A recent joint investigation between the Regina Police Cold Case Unit and the Ontario Provincial Police Missing Persons and Unidentified Bodies Unit has shed some new light into this investigation. Investigators now believe that John Doe may be from or may have traveled through Ontario prior to his death in Saskatchewan. Indicators are present to suggest that he may have been a heavy smoker. Although found wearing size 12.5 shoes, his actual foot size is 9 - 10.

http://www.missing-u.ca/UIDetail.aspx?PersonID=531

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site althought I've been websleuthing for a few months. I'm definitely a greenhorn.

He fits the physical descriptions, his disappearance date is consistent and his family believes that he may have been travelling through Canada. He's originally from Maryland which is not "New England" but is definitely "out East".

A few months ago, I had submitted this match to US authorities but haven't heard anything. As with many cross-jurisdictional investigations, there's probably a lot of red tape.

Welcome to WS Chris.

If it wasn't for the height differences (3 inches) and the lack of certain of the missing candidate's identifying features (scar on nose, previously broken wrists) I would swear this was

Phillip John Koss
Missing since March 13, 1995 from Fort Myers, Lee County, Florida.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1389dmfl.html

His story is so perfect in so many ways for this John Doe, including probable sudden weight loss while on the road.

Their Doenetwork pages both show that DNA is available. I have no idea how to look it up to see whether both sets of DNA are in that matching database you guys have in America.

Yes, I know there are problems with this match but it is calling to me, if you know what I mean?

Looks like a good match. The height difference, the scar on the nose and the wrist fracture are not a big deal. The decedent was run over and crushed by a train. I'm sure a lot of his information had to be guessed.

This is probably the closest match I've ever seen. It even says in the report that he traveled to Canada and New England.

Hey. i'm not up to date on this case. but on the first page i noticed that someone had writtten that he had a golden crown on the front of his jacket. thats the LA kings logo. or what about another sports team. a young man his age in canada if thats where he was from might have been a hockey fan. again im probally way off base but i thought i'd throw it in there anyway. this is my first time posting on the threard

Hey. i'm not up to date on this case. but on the first page i noticed that someone had writtten that he had a golden crown on the front of his jacket. thats the LA kings logo. or what about another sports team. a young man his age in canada if thats where he was from might have been a hockey fan. again im probally way off base but i thought i'd throw it in there anyway. this is my first time posting on the threard

It's not the LA Kings logo. It's closer to the Polo or Polo sport logos from that time.
Here is the jacket with logo:
720UMSKjacket.jpg

and here is the LA Kings logo:
LA-Kings.gif

they also have a crown logo. which is why i brought it up. but ty.

I still have not heard back from the detective.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892
Back