GUILTY Canada - Remains of 6 infants found, Andrea Giesbrecht charged, Winnipeg, Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Caroline Barghout ‏@cbarghout 4m4 minutes ago
Dr. Narvey said all 6 babies were full term or close to full term. They were between 34-42 weeks. Full term considered 37 weeks.

Caroline Barghout ‏@cbarghout now4 seconds ago
If all 6 babies had been male it could be possible that there is an xlinked lethal condition that is propagating in the family said Narvey

Caroline Barghout ‏@cbarghout 4m4 minutes ago
But because there was one female baby that is not the case. Dr. Narvey is now talking about possible problems with the placenta

Caroline Barghout ‏@cbarghout 3m3 minutes ago
Narvey said placenta was separating the mother would have to seek medical assistance because of excruciating pain and blood loss.

Caroline Barghout ‏@cbarghout now5 seconds ago
Crown asks "Could a mother self abort and cause the death of those babies in utero?" Dr says inserting something in cervix could trigger it

680 CJOB ‏@680CJOB 18s19 seconds ago
Narvey says even if mother 'induced' pregnancy in this case...infants were so close to term he would expect them to be born alive.

I think this reporter meant to induce labour, not pregnancy.

Caroline Barghout ‏@cbarghout 51s51 seconds ago
If mother ruptured amniotic sack it would induce labour. But at this late stage the baby would be born alive said Narvey.

Caroline Barghout ‏@cbarghout 45s45 seconds ago
Narvey said none of the babies appeared to have any genetic diseases or problems and appeared to be "normal".

Kmouse- I appreciate your updates. I can't ever think of anything to say in this case...literally speechless.

Caroline Barghout ‏@cbarghout 3s3 seconds ago
Dr Narvey said 97.5% chance of having a live birth after having a still birth. Couldn't find any study showing woman who had more than 2.

Caroline Barghout ‏@cbarghout now5 seconds ago
"I believe some if not all of these children would have been born alive" said Dr Narvey

Why are there no murder charges?
So this woman didn't get abortions for these six for whatever reason and decided to have them at home and kill them?

Somehow today is the first I've heard of this case. I have a few questions: has it been determined if the babies were born? Or are they foetuses? And has her husband spoken at all? It's just unimaginable!

Somehow today is the first I've heard of this case. I have a few questions: has it been determined if the babies were born? Or are they foetuses? And has her husband spoken at all? It's just unimaginable!

According to the tweets above from court all 6 were late 3rd trimester.

I know. I can't figure it out myself. So did she forget to make her abortion appts. and decide to do a home birth and then kill her kids? And where was the husband while this was going on.

Caroline Barghout ‏@cbarghout 5m5 minutes ago
Crown asked was it likely these babies were born alive. Dr Naughler answers "yes". When asked How likely ... She said "highly likely".

Her husband hasn't spoken publicly. Not sure what he has told the police. He did voluntarily give them his DNA.
Andrea Giesbrecht and her husband are still legally married. There are not court records of them going through a divorce.
Both Andrea and her husband appear to have had long standing financial problems as per court records.

Kevin Rollason ‏@KevinRollason 50s51 seconds ago
Court told Giesbrecht had four pregnancies before 2002 - had medical abortions for 3 and 1 was spontaneous abortion #breakingnews

That would bring the pregnancy count up to 19.

Kevin Rollason ‏@KevinRollason now3 seconds ago
Naugler says Giesbrecht was on birth control pills when she came to 7 Oaks Hospital after having "spontaneous abortion"

Her husband hasn't spoken publicly. Not sure what he has told the police. He did voluntarily give them his DNA.
Andrea Giesbrecht and her husband are still legally married. There are not court records of them going through a divorce.
Both Andrea and her husband appear to have had long standing financial problems as per court records.
Andrea also has fraud convictions and a gambling problem as far as I remember.

Yes she was charged.
If you check Queens Bench Registry is shows that her and the husband have had financial problems for a long time. I was surprised she was able to hire Brodsky.

Sounds like the husband will be called tomorrow.

Kevin Rollason ‏@KevinRollason 2h2 hours ago
Crown has given heads up to Giesbrecht judge: she will be seeking warrant for woman's husband if not in court tomorrow

I think she is lucky to live in Canada. If she lived in the States she probably would be facing several murder charges.
I also wonder what her husbands role in this was? How would it be possible to conceal 6 pregnancies into the 3rd trimester?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back