Found Deceased Canada - Riya Rajkumar, 11, Toronto, 14 Feb 2019 *father arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Mooken said the circumstances surrounding Rajkumar’s death are particularly difficult.

“As one can expect in a tragic situation like this where your daughter goes to spend her birthday, and especially on Valentine’s Day with the father, and you expect your child to come home… my heart aches for the family,” he said."

11-year-old girl sought in Amber Alert found dead in Brampton home, father arrested

:(

It seems that the amber alert was late being issued. She was to have a 3 hour visit with her father- to be returned by 6:00pm. Her mother called police by 6:30pm. The father had made threats but the Amber alert was issued until after 11pm. 5 hours is a long time to wait on this! IMO

To edit and add- the mother actually went to the police station at 6:30pm and had information that the father had sent her a message threatening harm to himself and Riya. But it would be 5 hours until the alert was issued?!

5 hours ... so many inconsistancies in police response across this province - questioning how it is possible to have 4 cruisers respond within minutes to a grandmother trying to retrieve caged birds from gdaughters home taken over by an abusive partner and 5 hours to respond to an absent child and threats of harm.

I don't believe it took LE 5 hours to respond to the mother's complaint, but it did take an extremely long time to make the decision. or get the approval, for the Amber Alert. And that Alert is the subject of unbelievable ignorance on the part of many people in the province who took to social media to complain of being startled awake by it. I was reading those complaints myself last night in disbelief. SMH

‘DISAPPOINTING AND UPSETTING’: Peel cops shocked after Amber Alert for missing girl draws complaints

I am curious as to whether the house in Brampton, in which Riya was found, was his residence and why police did not go there and force entry until after her father was arrested. This should have been the first place they attended after getting the complaint, especially since he had sent threatening messages to her mother as early as 6-6:30pm.

11-year-old girl in Amber Alert found dead, dad arrested

To every *advertiser censored**hole who complained about last night’s Amber Alert - it worked
"Last night, countless people were woken up by a loud (if your phone wasn’t on silent) Amber Alert regarding 11-year-old Riya Rajkumar, who had been abducted by her father, 41-year-old Roopesh Rajkumar.

While most of those in the region were concerned for the child’s well-being, there were, unfortunately, many (many) people who were more concerned that the alert had woken them up.

And let’s get one thing clear, Amber Alerts aren’t new. We’ve received them before. Hell, we’ve even received test alerts before. If you don’t want to be woken up by one, mute your phone, or put it on Do Not Disturb. You have options.

Yet, countless people still thought their best move was to take to social media or email and call the police to complain about the late hour of the alert, all while a little girl’s life was hanging in the balance."

11-year-old girl in Amber Alert found dead, dad arrested
"Riya, whom police said did not reside with her father on a full-time basis, had been out celebrating her birthday with him beginning at 3 p.m. Thursday."
11-year-old_girl_dies_at_the_hands_of_her_father_at_brampton_home_victor_biro_03-e1550216218988.jpg

Peel police at a home on Hansen Rd. N. in Brampton where 11-year-old Riya Rajkumar was found dead after she was reportedly abducted by her father on Thursday, Feb. 14 2019. Victor Biro photo

I was wakened when my cell rang an alert and my first thought was that a local missing teen was found - then I realized it was an amber alert for Riya Rajkumar. Life is a tragedy yet I remain hopeful for Rose Solmes, missing Feb 2/19 from Timmins ON.
Rose Solmes is missing again? She was missing for a while in October 2018 as well wasn’t she?

RIP RIYA ♥️

There is a listing for a R. Rajkumar at
106 Hansen Rd N Brampton ON L6V 2G6

Well then I have to assume that was the first place LE went after getting the complaint. I suppose if the car was not there and there was no answer at the door, they assumed that the pair were together with the vehicle. That leads me to believe that she was already deceased very close to the time that her mother went to the police station. :(

MOO

Yes, for approx 2 days. At that time she and another teen ...were located and their well-being confirmed and the matter deemed to be a closed incident with no further police action required...

Well then I have to assume that was the first place LE went after getting the complaint. I suppose if the car was not there and there was no answer at the door, they assumed that the pair were together with the vehicle. That leads me to believe that she was already deceased very close to the time that her mother went to the police station. :(

MOO

My understanding is that the police had reason to enter for the sake of the childs' safety. They found her lifeless body when they entered.

They were still awaiting a warrant to get more forensic evidence mid-morning.

I guess the Amber Alert was issued after her body was found?? IMO

My understanding is that the police had reason to enter for the sake of the childs' safety. They found her lifeless body when they entered.

They were still awaiting a warrant to get more forensic evidence mid-morning.

I guess the Amber Alert was issued after her body was found?? IMO

The amber alert was issued shortly before she was found. The amber alert led to information about the father and his vehicle. I am connecting the dots to understand that once they found that she was not with her father, it gave them enough to enter his home where she was found around the same time he was being arrested by OPP in Orillia.
IMO- a missing child and a father making threats should have been more than enough to justify a warrant for his home....I think they made assumptions about her being with him in his vehicle and didn’t consider the other possibilities. :(

The amber alert was issued shortly before she was found. The amber alert led to information about the father and his vehicle. I am connecting the dots to understand that once they found that she was not with her father, it gave them enough to enter his home where she was found around the same time he was being arrested by OPP in Orillia.
IMO- a missing child and a father making threats should have been more than enough to justify a warrant for his home....I think they made assumptions about her being with him in his vehicle and didn’t consider the other possibilities. :(

They wouldn't have needed a warrant to enter the home right away just to check if Riya was there (they couldn't gather evidence until a warrant is issued) since the mother had indicated that he was making threats and she felt her daughter was in danger, but it appears that they did make the assumption that she was with him in his vehicle since that was the last known place that she was seen. The threats may also not have been in written/text form and were verbal so that puts them in a precarious position regarding forcefully entering someone's home just on someone else's word that a person may be in danger.

I think you are correct that as soon as they realized she was not with him in the vehicle, they knew they definitely had enough cause to enter his home and did so. With the way that cases get thrown out and/or overturned on police procedure errors, it's no wonder they always have to err on the side of caution. Not sure they would have been able to save her if they had found her right away and I'm not sure if they would have found him so quickly without the Amber Alert. It's a tough call.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back