CANADA Canada - Ron Yakimchuk, 27, & Terry Pettit, 23, Dryden ON, 12 June 1973

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't find more recent news. However, I was reading an article about a car and remains recently found after 10 years. The person that found them was searching for them with a drone, spotted a car in a pond, and got permission from the property owner to search the pond.

We know this couple made it as far as Dryden. I doubt they would have driven another 20 plus hours to Montreal without contacting someone. I wish we had some volunteer drone operators in Dryden and east from there to search some ravines or bodies of water near the road. I realize it would be a huge undertaking. It would take a long time to do it probably years. However, if just the area from Dryden east to where their next stop would probably be, they might be found or part of the route eliminated.

If the "reasonably credible" sighting near Parry Sound is correct, it would mean they made it most of the way to their destination and stayed in Canada. If it was in July, it could mean they had a previous breakdown. Them not calling family could be explained if it happened in a more remote area with no phone available. This was before cells phones and not everyone in more rural areas had a phone.

If the "reasonably credible" sighting near Parry Sound is correct, it would mean they made it most of the way to their destination and stayed in Canada. If it was in July, it could mean they had a previous breakdown. Them not calling family could be explained if it happened in a more remote area with no phone available. This was before cell phones and not everyone in more rural areas had a phone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj
Back