GUILTY Canada - Rori Hache, 18, pregnant, found deceased, Oshawa, Ont, 29 Aug 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would be interesting to take a drive around the waterfront of Oshawa and see if there are any cops / forensics teams back at work down there, or if any areas have been cordoned off.

Officers sent the remains found in the McMillan Drive apartment for DNA testing and confirmed the identity as Hache on Jan. 5.

Strong is currently in custody and police have not upgraded his charges.

“At this point the investigation is continuing and further information will be released when it’s available, at this point we don’t have further charges to report,” said DRPS spokesperson Jodi MacLean.

https://www.durhamregion.com/news-s...n-oshawa-basement-are-oshawa-teen-rori-hache/

I have to admit I expected the remains found would belong to someone other than Rori and that other evidence in the apartment would be linked to Rori.

Sad outcome either way, of course.

This is a tough case to follow - hard to keep a healthy, analytical distance when it's so gruesome.

jmo

Where did you read a second body was removed? I'm not clear on this. I understand that they found Rori's remains (body parts) there (though we don't know how many or which parts). Was there ALSO a full body removed? I've read conflicting rumours... pls show me where media has confirmed Rori's remains AND an additional body? Not to be argumentative... Just trying to clarify.

The LEO mentioned in video interview that a service person was called to the residence and that something suspicious was found. LE was called in by that person and remains were found as well as the suspicious package. CP24 video from earlier. I will try to look for the link once it's up on the website.

Where did you read a second body was removed? I'm not clear on this. I understand that they found Rori's remains (body parts) there (though we don't know how many or which parts). Was there ALSO a full body removed? I've read conflicting rumours... pls show me where media has confirmed Rori's remains AND an additional body? Not to be argumentative... Just trying to clarify.

I think you might be replying to my post, and I'm sorry I was confusing. I was writing to say I EXPECTED there would be two remains, not that there were two sets of remains. My expectations were different than what has happened, and that is what I was commenting upon.

Not sure that clears it up....but yes, you're right...just one set of remains that we know about.

jmo

Was anyone able to watch CP24's coverage about an hour ago? There are some rumors on Adam Strong's FB in comments about what was discussed.

I think they were referring to me, I mentioned the body removed on the gurney, but MSM hasn`t confirmed it. Eye witnesses have though, so not sure what can be said here. Mods delete what you must.

Just reading this thread now. Not sure if it has been discussed yet but allegedly the upstairs tenant called a plumber due to backed up pipes and the plumbers found HUMAN flesh so they called authorities

I think you might be replying to my post, and I'm sorry I was confusing. I was writing to say I EXPECTED there would be two remains, not that there were two sets of remains. My expectations were different than what has happened, and that is what I was commenting upon.

Not sure that clears it up....but yes, you're right...just one set of remains that we know about.

jmo

Thank you for taking the time to clarify!

Recent posts remind me how valuable the "REPLY WITH QUOTE" function is. :)

I think his FB needs to be taken down. It's pretty ugly over there and some of the pictures are definitely causing me grave concern. MOO

CP24 LEO spokesperson: On Friday, December 29th, a citizen was doing work at the residence and located items that were suspicious. He called police.

I think this supports the "rumours" that a plumber found remains while doing work at the home. JMO

I think his FB needs to be taken down. It's pretty ugly over there and some of the pictures are definitely causing me grave concern. MOO

I totally agree. I had to stop reading the FB page because it is physically repulsive. I'm assuming once he gets a lawyer, it will be taken down. It's gross.

I've only had one case on WS that I had to drop because it was so sickening (the guy who killed and chewed victims in Florida....I didn't last long on that case). This case in Canada has me on edge whether I can see it through or not.

jmo

I totally agree. I had to stop reading the FB page because it is physically repulsive. I'm assuming once he gets a lawyer, it will be taken down. It's gross.

I've only had one case on WS that I had to drop because it was so sickening (the guy who killed and chewed victims in Florida....I didn't last long on that case). This case in Canada has me on edge whether I can see it through or not.

jmo

I think this is going to be bad. Not sure how long I'll be able to hang in.

Such a pretty girl with her whole life ahead of her. I can only shake my head and wonder, once again, why?

Really curious about the fetus too. Was she a previous victim of his? Perhaps rape? She was noted for acting strange, not herself right before she was killed. Upset about something. It all seems crazy.

https://www.durhamregion.com/news-s...n-oshawa-basement-are-oshawa-teen-rori-hache/
After police announced the remains found in Strong’s basement belong to Hache, reactions on social media were swift and ranged between sadness and anger. Some took to posting on Strong’s Facebook page in response to his last public post.

One woman told him to “rot in prison” while another woman posted “so sad … my heart is with her family”.

Anyone with new information about the case is asked to contact Det. Short (ext. 5407) or Det. Dorego (ext. 5319) of the Major Crime – Homicide Unit at 1-888-579-1520.

Anonymous information can be sent to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or www.durhamregionalcrimestoppers.ca and tipsters may be eligible for a $2,000 cash reward.

I wonder if this guy was even on LE's radar?

Doesn't seem like it does it.

My initial impression is the guy was a low life but not necessarily someone in trouble with the law (which doesn't mean he was law abiding). We'll see as we go along, I suppose.

yuck

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc