Identified! Canada - Rosedale, Toronto, BlkFem (Afr mix), 4-7, in constr dumpster, PMI sum/fall'21, 2 May 2022 - Neveah Tucker

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The article mentions that Neveah and her brother were enrolled at (but never attended) Church Street Daycare in the Gay Village, which is 2km/about a five minute drive from the dumpster on Dale Avenue. I think it’s possible her mother lived in the area and may have noticed that dumpsters/junk bins used for residential renos tend to be some of the only ones in the city that aren’t consistently locked up.
More fool her. Construction dumpsters are regularly checked by site workers, for maximum efficiency of filling, and for waste not accepted by the the facility that they can be fined for or have the whole bin rejected for. She would have been better off finding an unlocked business dumpster, maybe one with spoiled food, or a mixed waste apartment dumpster filled with all kinds of junk.

(Don't do crime, kids.)

MOO

Gathering DNA from minors and making it available to the police will never happen in Canada. While I understand the sentiment, there is a huge potential for all kinds of privacy breaches. Not all people want to be identifiable.

Parents have the opportunity to make fingerprint charts for their kids, but the parents keep those and would only offer them to LE if the unthinkable need arose.
You raise a good current point. It’s interesting, in that we are one generation away from science ending an ethical question that people debated with true passion: should my DNA be private? The question is about to be over, in that people will wish it so but familial will simply end the possibility. This is going the way of closed adoption: people forcefully and righteously insist it should be an option. Demand it! But familial DNA ends both the possibility and the ethical question. People might not want to be identifiable. They might love insisting on it! It’s scientific bull*. There is no more identifiable unless your parents are third-world peasants. And probably not even then. This scientific ethical debate is over.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back