CANADA Canada - Ryan Shtuka, 20, Kamloops, BC, 17 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mom of missing Sun Peaks man continues search
March 12, 2018

Snipped...
...Kamloops Search and Rescue put 22 members on the initial search along with dozens of community volunteers, but after that effort was called off, Heather Shtuka says they were left without any guidance.

"There was no direction so there is a sense that we haven't done enough. We painfully learn each and every day what we could have done better," she told Daybreak Kamloops host, Shelley Joyce.

...She says liability issues prevent search teams from sharing information about how to manage volunteers, equipment and searches.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/search-missing-sun-peaks-1.4573137

Post his mom made that is embedded in the article: https://www.facebook.com/heather.shtuka/posts/10155041239922693

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where are you Ryan???

:candle:

I am hearing a lot about people falling 'tree wells' this year, funny never heard of one ever before....

Potentially they have rec'd as much as 14 feet of snow up at Sun Peaks Resort, wonder if Ryan tried to short cut it thru the woods and fell in a tree well???

https://www.google.ca/search?q=snow...rome..69i57.7852j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

:dunno:

Thanks for the links, never heard of a tree-well before either!
https://gearjunkie.com/outdoor-hazards-tree-well-suffocation
attachment.php

[h=1]Outdoor Hazards: Tree Well Suffocation[/h]
Powder stashes, no crowds, a silent forest in winter: Tree skiing can be glorious. But with trees comes danger in the form of tree wells.
Tree wells are pits of deep, soft snow that form around tree trunks in winter. As winter snow accumulates, low-hanging tree limbs create a protective canopy, preventing snow from compressing next to the trunk.

Because the snow is so soft and deep, a skier, snowboarder, hiker, or snowshoer who falls in headfirst usually cannot free themselves. With skis over their heads, they becoming trapped in the snow.

The situation compounds when dollops of snow collapse off overhead branches or off the tree well walls, further burying the victim. Eventually, people can suffocate in tree wells, a death officially called snow immersion suffocation (SIS).

[h=3]How To Identify a Tree Well[/h] Low-hanging tree branches often hide tree wells, making them hard to spot. It’s best to assume any tree is a potential hazard.

Attachments

• tree-well.jpg
    tree-well.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 393
Is it just me, or does it seem there is a HUGE GAP between the roomie leaving the party saying Ryan was putting his coat on right behind him and then realizing he never went to work???

It could just be me...

:blushing:

:scared:

It's probably just me, but a mother referring to her 19 year old (adult) son as "baby boy" seems frankly creepy.

DYgHdQBVQAAbuuP.jpg

http://sunpeaksnews.com/70-volunteers-join-search-weekend-29208.htm
Search for missing person Ryan Shtuka reaches one month mark Four weeks to the day since Sun Peaks resident Ryan Shtuka was reported missing, and on his 21st birthday, his family, friends and scores of volunteers mounted another extensive ground search.

Approximately 70 volunteers are in Sun Peaks today. Twenty four people were transported by volunteered shuttles from Kamloops this morning. They were joined by dozens of volunteers from Alberta near Ryan’s hometown and by many others from Sun Peaks and surrounding communities.

As the week’s temperatures have been milder, Heather and Scott Shtuka, Ryan’s parents, hope decreasing snow levels in the village will help the searchers as they canvas the area by snowshoes with probes.
Whatever the outcome of this weekend’s efforts Shtuka’s friends and family will be celebrating his birthday at Masa’s Bar + Grill starting at 5 p.m. today, near the slopes Shtuka enjoyed riding until his disappearance.

“He would have celebrated it here. He wouldn’t have come home for his birthday and we just wanted to have something where we could gather and his friends and family could celebrate in Ryan’s name. Because he’s still here. Right now he’s still here.”
Shtuka was last seen wearing dark grey jeans, a grey and white shirt, a blue coat and a burgundy ball cap.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Kamloops Rural RCMP at 250-314-1800 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Ryan Shtuka was last seen Feb.17 on Burfield Dr. wearing grey pants, a grey and white shirt, a burgundy hat and a navy coat.

“Update!!!!! We are reposting this.

I won’t lie, everyday has been tough since last Saturday but yesterday was perhaps my lowest point. At 110 in the afternoon, I received a call that came up on my phone that said incoming: Ryan Shtuka. It showed the picture I attached to his name and the emojis I had given him. On the line came a creepy old ladies voice. At the end of what seemed like eternity came the voice ...”You have been pranked by pranksters”
You see I didn’t know you could use an app on your phone and input someone’s number in to make it appear like it came from them.
The cruelty that someone would do this is beyond anything I could comprehend. Did I break down? Of course I did with great sobs. Of course this coming on the heels of someone messaging me to tell me that my family was being punished but sleep well.

I don’t tell you this to get you angry or upset. Believe me, at first I was enough for all of us.
I tell you this because I realize that I would rather focus on the beautiful messages and kind words from loved ones that be stuck on the cruelty of others.
I also tell you this because I believe Ryan was given to Scott and I because we are stubborn and determined. We will never give up searching for him. And because he would be for as long as he lives in this world and our hearts, loved beyond measure.

Today, a massive Search and rescue force will be on hand at the fireball. I ask that you put all your best thoughts and wishes and pray today is the day we find him.

Be kind and full of love to yourself and one another.”

I saw this post as well by Ryan’s mom. How could someone even do that ? And I mean technical wise?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/2052336918380120

Who pranks the mother of the missing??? :mad: Sickening...humans can be so inhumane.

Hoping they can trace the calls but something tells me it's impossible if they are made via an app.

Where are you Ryan???

:candle:

It's probably just me, but a mother referring to her 19 year old (adult) son as "baby boy" seems frankly creepy.
Absolutely this is just you. My children will always be my baby boy and baby girl and I will always refer to them as such. Especially at vulnerable or especially emotional times. I suspect you are either very young, don't have children or both if you find this to be "creepy."

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper