CANADA Canada - Ryan Shtuka, 20, Kamloops, BC, 17 Feb 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The fact that Ryan hasn't been found isn't surprising to me. I will again reference the case of the missing Whistler DJ, Mike Grefner. Search parties had almost literally stepped over his remains more than once before he was found outdoors two months later.

I participated in a search, and I can affirm that you can literally walk right past something and not see it. Mother Nature seems to embrace remains making discovery very difficult. My only suggestion is that anything that would appear as a place to "tuck in" from the weather be keenly sought. Ryan most likely burrowed in somewhere, and went in to a gentle snowy sleep.

Ryan will be found, it's just a matter of time. My heart is so heavy for his mother. Ryan needs to come home.
Coroner says drugs contributed to DJ's death
"The BC Coroner's Service released its report on the death of Whistler's Mike Grefner on Nov. 21, concluding that the 34-year-old DJ "ingested a toxic level of cocaine and went outside on one of the coldest nights of the year."

Grefner was first reported missing after failing to show up for a shift at a local nightclub. The last time he was seen was at his home in the early morning hours of Jan. 17 and his absence was noted on Jan. 19."
"Friends and family searched for almost two months, and sightings of Grefner came in from Alberta and further abroad. However, Grefner's remains were found on Mar. 10 near Whistler Secondary School."
"He was also not dressed for the weather, which dipped below -20 degrees. He was found wearing shoes, jeans and a long-sleeve shirt."

Sept 20 2018
shtuka.jpg

Funding secured for film focusing on disappearance of Ryan Shtuka
Funding secured for film focusing on disappearance of Ryan Shtuka

“One of the theories is that he got disoriented on his walk home and wandered into the woods, but if there’s 13 feet of snow that’s not really a realistic theory for him getting any distance off the road. I think that’s good for people to understand,” Walton said.

These theories will be explored primarily through their interviews as opposed to voice-over, and one of the filmmakers’ goals is to uncover new information surrounding Shtuka’s disappearance.

“Depending on what people tell us, that could aim us in other directions that may not have been thoroughly investigated,” Walton said.

Walton, Featherstone and McVicar all have a variety of experience in video production, including projects for Marvel, Hasbro and Lu Lu Lemon, but this will be a story with much more emotion behind it.

“The scale of the mystery and the emotion involved, that’s the thing out of everything that’s probably the most new to us and something that we’ve been doing a lot of research on how best to approach and capture,” Walton said."

I hold tight to my notion -- that something (gang related - not him being in one) but being a witness to something gang related and killed that night and moved

even drunk it is not normal to just keep walking when someone in your group stops to supposedly tie a shoe in tons of snow --

the group just stops without thinking

would any of you in a cluster of 4 and one stops walking just keep going in the middle of the night

it is not normative social behavior imo

i think he was murdered that night and relocated and I think it is gang related

jmo

I think someone accidently hit Ryan with a vehicle while he was walking home that early morning & quickly removed him from the area. There is a great chance it's someone that was only a visitor at Sun Peaks there due to it being Family Day Long Weekend & they may never plan to be at Sun Peaks again...left and never looked back.

Sun Peaks tops list of non-resident homeowners

Maybe they should do a town hall meeting (of sorts) and invite every non-resident & resident homeowner and see who had renters or visitors that weekend???

Is there anyone who had a weekly renter that left early???? Or someone who left abrubtly???

MONDAY is the holiday on family day weekend, this happened early Saturday morning. Friday night being the first party night of the long weekend, in a ski resort town. So Ryan didn't make it into his own bed on the first night of the family day long weekend...WHO ELSE didn't sleep in their bed that night???

There are a lot of moving parts when you consider most people owning property at Sun Peaks do not live there full time.

LOTS of questions, i hope LE are leaving no stone unturned, now that Ryan likely NOT on that ski hill.

If it was just an accident, and he was left behind, he would have been there under the snow come spring.

He's not there.

Sorry for the pun, but how DEEP is this cover up???

but

if we go with this theory

its you and I driving

were regular people (for lack of a better word) and we hit someone

can we really instnatly turn into two people picking up a dead person and taking person far away?

most hits are hits and RUN

i think it would be hard for folks to start picking up someone that we accidently killed

moving a body

and dumping somewhere

there can be an understanding of fleeing kinda

but scooping up a dead or dying person on the way back from a 7 -11 for some Tide seems a stretch

transitioning from an accidental hit to burying a person that you accidently killed is kinda a stretch no

does that make sense ??

he is not the area i would think that means transport and place no?

BIG WELCOME to ConcernedMama...

Thanks for joining us, and being here for Ryan.

It's not really for us to figure out HOW LE would go about it, but they have the power, knowledge & ability.

It would be timely, sadly Ryan's family has nothing but time ATM...hopefully LE are looking at ALL the possibilities that might have taken Ryan out of the area in which he should/could/might have been found by now.

sadly i think noone is really looking any longer

Volunteers to continue search for Ryan Shtuka this weekend in B.C.

Snipped...
...Scott and Heather have purchased billboards with Ryan’s information that Heffley and Sun Peaks residents have agreed to put up on their private land. Heather says it will be a reminder for people who are coming back to the mountain for the winter, or coming for the first time.

I wanted to share my thoughts on this case so far .

I will be honest ever since finding out about this case it has haunted me . The reason being cause I was doing the same thing on the same night at big white . You must first understand what happens at these after party's at ski resorts. People are drunk , high on what ever drug they have taken and not in any mind set to be out in the wilderness. I remember being at a house party that night and I had taken mdma. When you are in that state of mind you aren't your self, your not thinking normally and you are very distracted at everything around you . Mdma raises your body temperature , so when your high you don't realize your hot and sweating a lot. People in those highs could easily forget what environment there in and go hours before there body reacts to the cold. I remember leaving the house party at around 2-2:30 and barely remember walking to the village center (were I was staying) I had to walk through the snow covered path and through the forest a little to get home quicker. I didn't even think twice about walking in 4 foot snow and how it could put my life in danger. The point that I am getting at is that this could have happened to me also and I wasn't in any state of mind to know what was happening or think twice .

I often think about him and how or where he had ended up. I find my self looking at people in pubic that look like him and wanting like a compulsion to go over and ask are you Ryan !!!! I cant shake how close we all are to a sudden lapse of judgment and one move can result in are life changing forever.

What ever happened that night it happened quick and someone knows more then they are letting on. I have followed every avenue with reports from the news and every update on his Facebook missing page.

sun peaks is such a vase area and so much to explore . After almost 7 months why hasn't anyone found a single clue ? my gut tells me there will be many moons until we find a clue to what happened that night .

To who ever reads this just understand I wanted to finally speak out about how I feel about this case , I hope the shtuka family finds closure in all of this and knows what happened to there son.

I wanted to share my thoughts on this case so far .

I will be honest ever since finding out about this case it has haunted me . The reason being cause I was doing the same thing on the same night at big white . You must first understand what happens at these after party's at ski resorts. People are drunk , high on what ever drug they have taken and not in any mind set to be out in the wilderness. I remember being at a house party that night and I had taken mdma. When you are in that state of mind you aren't your self, your not thinking normally and you are very distracted at everything around you . Mdma raises your body temperature , so when your high you don't realize your hot and sweating a lot. People in those highs could easily forget what environment there in and go hours before there body reacts to the cold. I remember leaving the house party at around 2-2:30 and barely remember walking to the village center (were I was staying) I had to walk through the snow covered path and through the forest a little to get home quicker. I didn't even think twice about walking in 4 foot snow and how it could put my life in danger. The point that I am getting at is that this could have happened to me also and I wasn't in any state of mind to know what was happening or think twice .

I often think about him and how or where he had ended up. I find my self looking at people in pubic that look like him and wanting like a compulsion to go over and ask are you Ryan !!!! I cant shake how close we all are to a sudden lapse of judgment and one move can result in are life changing forever.

What ever happened that night it happened quick and someone knows more then they are letting on. I have followed every avenue with reports from the news and every update on his Facebook missing page.

sun peaks is such a vase area and so much to explore . After almost 7 months why hasn't anyone found a single clue ? my gut tells me there will be many moons until we find a clue to what happened that night .

To who ever reads this just understand I wanted to finally speak out about how I feel about this case , I hope the shtuka family finds closure in all of this and knows what happened to there son.
Welcome to Ws lifestyle123, thanks for sharing your experiences with us, your insight is invaluable!

I just feel uncomfortable with the gang sign photo

it is not a natural resting place for a hand on a pals shoulder during a picture

I cant make my pinky finger do what that guy is doing !

The party goers silence is also concerning moo

ryan-shtuka.jpg
When i look closer at this photo it looks like normal " Bunny Ears" to me. From a distance i see what your saying but up closer looking and my hand VS the hand in the photo right at the area between pointer and middle finger if it was the middle finger bent in you would see it blocking part of the ring finger. It is a little blurry in the photo but to me its normal photo bomb gesture

I hope this weekend a searcher or a hiker is able to find Ryan's remains if in fact he died at Sun Peaks. Winter is fast approaching to Sun Peaks and I think time is running out to recover Ryan's body this year. Maybe returning winter residents and employees might remember something about the night that Ryan disappeared.

This is promising! rbbm.
"This search was focused the East Village, keeping searchers away from a simultaneous RCMP dog search in the Burfield Dr. area.

“My primary focus was to stay away from them, so they could do their thing… so we weren’t taking away from their valuable time,” explained Scott. “This particular dog had never been in this area before or the handler. He’s new to Sun Peaks so he wanted to concentrate on that area.”

Scott said he found searching this time of year much easier than previous searches conducted in the spring and summer months and focused on the Nordic trails and road to McGillivray Lake.

“There’s a lot more visibility in the bush right now and walking around you could really see in and around things,” he said."

Ford350 WELCOME to our group....thanks for your input, I am picking up what you are laying down.

I have wondered if Ryan's SP friend/roomie is also from Beaumont, AB???....for some reason, I think not.

Regardless, where are you Ryan???

Winter is upon us & your family needs you home pronto!!!

Ford350 WELCOME to our group....thanks for your input, I am picking up what you are laying down.

I have wondered if Ryan's SP friend/roomie is also from Beaumont, AB???....for some reason, I think not.

Regardless, where are you Ryan???

Winter is upon us & your family needs you home pronto!!!
From what I understand James and Ryan had been friends for 7 years so yes from Beaumont.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back