Canada - Sentry killed in War Memorial shooting, Ottawa, 22 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just received this:

KFIAM640: Canadian government official says soldier shot at National War Memorial has died. www.kfiam640.com

:(

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“This means stay in your office, with the doors locked and away from the windows. If your door does not lock, find a way to barricade the door, if possible,” read the alert, circulated by email. “Do not open the door under any circumstances. Security Services has the required keys.”

Police are also asking citizens to not tweet the locations of the officers involved as the RCMP describes the situation as “on-going.”

rbbm.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/1...l-active-shooter-believed-to-be-on-the-loose/

"Officials cancelled two events in Toronto honoring Pakistani teenager and Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai, including one in which she was supposed to receive honorary Canadian citizenship. The teenager was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman in 2012 for calling for schooling for girls.

Canada had raised its domestic terror threat level from low to medium on Tuesday because of “an increase in general chatter from radical Islamist organisations,” said Jean-Christophe de Le Rue, a spokesman for the public safety minister."
rbbm.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/22/canadian-parliament-hill-lockdown-shootout

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/22/us-canada-attacks-shooting-idUSKCN0IB1PY20141022

"It also took place as the Canadian government prepared to boost the powers of its spy agency, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service. Public Safety Minister Stephen Blaney said last Thursday the new legislation would let the agency track and investigate potential terrorists when they travel abroad and ultimately prosecute them.

In Washington, a White House official said U.S. President Barack Obama had been briefed on the situation. He said the United States had offered assistance to Canada.

Mass shootings are relatively rare in Canada, which has stricter gun laws than the United States. Compared with Capitol Hill in Washington, security on Parliament Hill is also fairly low key. Anybody could walk right up to the front door of parliament's Centre Block with arms and explosives without being challenged before entering the front door, where a few guards check accreditation.

The Canadian military closed its bases across the country following the events in Ottawa, CBC TV said".

PM cancels Malala meeting ...... good idea

Leafs Senators NHL game cancelled .....

Obama and PM on phone

US offers assistance

no shooting at Rideau Centre

The U.S. has long been known as a possible target for ISIS and other terrorists groups. The recent U.S. air bombings in Syria haven't been effective in stopping that threat.

Now our neighbor, Canada, has been targeted. There's no end to the mindless madness these people are wreaking across the world.

The U.S. started airstrikes against ISIS in Syria believing that there was imminent danger to the U.S. Those airstrikes have NOT contained the immediate danger to the U.S. and now Canada has become a target as well.

At this point I don't know what more can be done. That worries me. On 9/11 I thought the worst possible thing had happened. I no longer believe that. I think more and worse things are to come, but I HOPE I'm wrong.

My heart is heavy now over this incident in Ottawa.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back