Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SB wasn't a real prolific FB poster, so I find it interesting that her very last post prior to disappearing is the one that seems most out of character for her, preceded only by the one about her brakes and peeing someone off. Did she possibly outright accuse someone of messing with her brakes?

Going back to that initial reference to a 'messy divorce'. No kids involved, no major assets we are aware of, both appearing to have agreed to an open relationship ... what's to argue?

Well, I think it's easy to argue over jealousy, control, insecurity, future goals, career choices, etc.

I personally think it'd be hard to keep with someone in the film business - they're around attractive, entertaining people, they might not be home a lot, and you know in big ol' Hollywood those couples never stay together! Maybe JB got jealous of SB and her endeavors a little, hard to tell who was the more the alpha in this relationship.

Can we also add this? This is a post that SB made on the YY Development Night's public FB page, posted at 9:15 pm Alberta time on Nov 26th. So since she is speaking in past tense, I think we have to assume that she was already back in Calgary at the time she made this post? (Someone in Calgary will have to post it from their Calgary FB account to make it say the correct time, since my post is showing in Eastern Standard Time.) BBM

XXXXX XXXXX
November 26, 2014 · Calgary, Canada
Hey gang! Remember that tonight is material swap night. Hope to see you all there! (Get it...I'm doing a post Ian Wallace would post...get it....clever right?!)
Like · Share
Seen by 92
13 people like this.

Shannon H Burgess So sad I didn't make it back into Calgary in time for the show
November 26, 2014 at 11:15pm · Like
- (Deugirtni note: 11;15pm is in EST, so it would be 2 hours earlier in Calgary, so 9;15pm on Nov 26th)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ComedyDevNight/

Okay .. I've revamped that to reflect the times shown in the edit history:

Nov 25 @ 11:54 pm Alberta time, SB posted breaks went for $h!t (no location showing)
Nov 25 @ 11:58 pm Alberta time, a DM pointed out her spelling error re "breaks"
Nov 26 @ 12:02 am Alberta time, SM acknowledged DM's spelling correction and edited her earlier post to "brakes"
Nov 26 @ 10:06 pm Alberta time, SM made her last post wrt "missing the man ... funzies ..."

So..................................... I'm really wondering................. what happened between her last apparent post at 10;06pm on Nov 26th, and 12:30am on Nov 27th (just less than 2.5 hours later), when she was stated to have been last seen alive, at home, by her reportedly ex husband.

I want to thank you all for posting the actual times of SB's FB posts. :cheers:

I was getting really confused!

So..................................... I'm really wondering................. what happened between her last apparent post at 10;06pm on Nov 26th, and 12:30am (just less than 2.5 hours later), when she was stated to have been last seen alive, at home, by her reportedly ex husband.

Did she get into a FB conversation with someone who asked her to go join them somewhere for a drink? Although, I'm thinking that she'd be tired from the long drive home by that time... But she did plan on attending the YY event though.

Maybe she'd planned on getting back home earlier during the day but she had trouble with her brakes and had to get them repaired. She could have spent most of the day in Edmonton, waiting for her car to be out of the shop. She then drove home, wishing that she would arrive in time for the event she planned on attending but didn't so she posted on their FB wall a short while after she arrived home.

I can't remember much about what she did in Edmonton (I can remember about the audition but not anything else) and for how long she stayed there and, quite honestly, I tried to find stuff in previous posts last night but there's too much stuff for me to read everything. So I hope that what I'm saying makes at least some sense.

So..................................... I'm really wondering................. what happened between her last apparent post at 10;06pm on Nov 26th, and 12:30am on Nov 27th (just less than 2.5 hours later), when she was stated to have been last seen alive, at home, by her reportedly ex husband.

Me too. Wondering did she go anywhere or not? Was there a fight or not? Did they part on good terms or not? Did he or she leave or not? So many questions...

Just revisiting that last post of SB's .. "I will forever miss the man who may or may not have knocked me up when I was whoring myself out for funzies... I miss Alliance"

Sounds to me that perhaps when SB arrived home, she was accused of inappropriate behaviour by someone, and this is her public slam, lashing out .. kind of like a "yeah, sure". Her reference to missing Alliance (which was meeting that night) could be the contrast between having a non-judgmental group that she had/has fun with compared to arriving home to accusations.

I've been looking at some LARP stuff and, from what I understand, it's a tightly knitted community. She knew people in Edmonton who were involved in it.

I didn't see right away how her comment could have been linked to her arrival home from Edmonton but since she had friends in Edmonton, the friends she met there on her last trip could've been from LARP, and perhaps there was an argument between the two people in the house. Jealousy, maybe?

But I think her comment could have also been just about a funny memory about role playing with Alliance. I've never taken part in any ''real life'' role playing games but I've played World of Warcraft for almost ten years (yes, you can laugh if you want :blushing: ) and I know that these type of games really get under your skin. You make friends, chat while playing, and since most people play many, many hours a week, they become quite close even though they've never met. So I imagine that this role playing thing that LARP is where people actually get to meet in person and to chat online all the time must be 100 times more intense. Am I making any sense here? :waitasec: Anyway, I'm just trying to show that maybe she was just thinking back of the ''good old days'' when she was having fun with them, whether it had to do with her current level of happiness or not.

And I have a question about the word ''funzies''. My first language is French and I'm not sure that I understand what she means by this. I looked it up and I got different definitions. Did she mean ''for fun'', or something else?

And I have a question about the word ''funzies''. My first language is French and I'm not sure that I understand what she means by this. I looked it up and I got different definitions. Did she mean ''for fun'', or something else?

It means fun, but it's often used in a sardonic or sarcastic way :-7

(added 9:15 post to YukYuks)

Nov 25 @ 11:54 pm Alberta time, SB posted on FB that breaks went for $h!t (no location showing)
Nov 25 @ 11:58 pm Alberta time, a DM pointed out her spelling error re "breaks"
Nov 26 @ 12:02 am Alberta time, SM acknowledged DM's spelling correction and edited her earlier post to "brakes"
Nov 26 @ 9:15 pm Alberta time, SM posts on YukYuks FB “So sad I didn’t make it back into Calgary in time for the show”
Nov 26 @ 10:06 pm Alberta time, SM made her last post wrt "missing the man ... funzies ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maddyka