Canada- Sharif Rahman, owner of the Curry House restaurant, suffered brain injury after assault by 3 non-paying men, Owen Sound, Ontario, 17 Aug. '23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
July 9 2024
''Owen Sound council agreed Monday to plant an oak tree in front of the Julie McArthur Regional Recreation Centre in memory of Sharif Rahman, a community-minded local restaurateur and Y member.''
1720662879703.png

When a case pains you and someone posts about an arrest. This is great, thank you.

I found this just now:

‘“Due to the complexity of this ongoing investigation and to protect its integrity and potential court proceedings, the OPP and OSPS are unable to comment further at this time. Updates will be provided when they become available,” the police said in a news release.’

^^^ From the article above: They said they cannot release any details, including how many were arrested, the charges and where they are from.

It was a joint homicide investigation between the Owen Sound Police and OPP. The arrest/arrests, was/were, made on July 30th.

OWEN SOUND POLICE PRESS RELEASE IN FULL:

“MEDIA RELEASE

Arrests Made in Rahman Homicide​

UPDATE #4-
OWEN SOUND POLICE AND OPP INVESTIGATING HOMICIDE
Arrests Made
(OWEN SOUND, ON) – Arrests have been made in relation to an ongoing homicide investigation being conducted by the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and Owen Sound Police Service (OSPS).

The investigation began when Sharifur RAHMAN, 44 years old of Owen Sound, was assaulted in the area of 2nd Avenue East in Owen Sound on August 17, 2023, at approximately 9:20 p.m. The victim succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased on August 24, 2023. Police released a description and photos of two suspects and a vehicle, requesting public information.

As a result of the investigation, arrests have been made on July 30, 2024. Due to the complexity of this ongoing investigation and to protect its integrity and potential court proceedings, the OPP and OSPS are unable to comment further at this time. Updates will be provided when they become available.

The OSPS and the OPP thank the Owen Sound community for their support and valuable tips provided. We recognize the significant impact this case has had on the community and we sincerely appreciate everyone’s patience as we continue to conduct a thorough and comprehensive investigation.

The investigation continues by the OSPS under the direction of the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch, with assistance from the OSPS and OPP West Region Crime Units, OSPS and OPP Forensic Identification Services and the OPP Regional Support Team, in conjunction with the Office of the Chief Coroner and Ontario Forensic Pathology Service.

Anyone with any information is encouraged to contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477) or ontariocrimestoppers.ca.”

‘“Due to the complexity of this ongoing investigation and to protect its integrity and potential court proceedings, the OPP and OSPS are unable to comment further at this time. Updates will be provided when they become available,” the police said in a news release.’
Very unusual, IMO. What pops into my mind is maybe the suspects are not in Canada.

JMO

“The investigation continues by the OSPS under the direction of the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch, with assistance from the OSPS and OPP West Region Crime Units, OSPS and OPP Forensic Identification Services and the OPP Regional Support Team, in conjunction with the Office of the Chief Coroner and Ontario Forensic Pathology Service. Anyone with any information is encouraged to contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or ontariocrimestoppers.ca.”
Emphasis mine. I hope that means they have biological evidence that links them to the crime. I'm not sure if that’s part of a boilerplate statement.
Maybe evidence on the victim and at the scene + genetic genealogy? (Speculation on my part.)

1723778119744.png
‘Inside the downtown Owen Sound restaurant, a day before the public learned of the arrests, Rahman’s widow, Shayela Nasrin tried to put into words the emotions of the past 12 months.
“We are trying our best. Trying to survive,” Nasrin said over the phone as The Curry House finished its lunch service Wednesday afternoon. “At the end of the day what I have to do is to keep going.”
[…]
Nasrin said she doesn’t like to talk about that night.

“Sharif is a big part of my life and every time I go to that story it’s really hard for me,” she said.’

Understandably, imo, she declined to comment when asked about the arrests.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1998#
Back