Canada- Sharif Rahman, owner of the Curry House restaurant, suffered brain injury after assault by 3 non-paying men, Owen Sound, Ontario, 17 Aug. '23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I mean, there’s clearly some element of this that’s complex and ongoing - I just don’t know how you make the leap to “South Asian gang shakedown” being the most likely option here, particularly given that the suspects very much look white.

I mean, there’s clearly some element of this that’s complex and ongoing - I just don’t know how you make the leap to “South Asian gang shakedown” being the most likely option here, particularly given that the suspects very much look white.

Poor phrasing. “Gangs that are into racketeering of South Asian businesses”, i presume.

Very sad if it happens in Canada.

Poor phrasing. “Gangs that are into racketeering of South Asian businesses”, i presume.

Very sad if it happens in Canada.
Ohhh this makes more sense. I still don’t know that I’m sold on this: from what I’ve read in many of those extortion cases the demands seem to be for more money and the threats/violence seem a little more “hands off (calls/texts, arson, shooting into parking lots when the business is closed for the night, etc.) vs. dining in and beating someone to death. But it’s hard to make a judgement without knowing what the staff and witnesses have told police about what exactly these guys said and did during their entire visit.

Ohhh this makes more sense. I still don’t know that I’m sold on this: from what I’ve read in many of those extortion cases the demands seem to be for more money and the threats/violence seem a little more “hands off (calls/texts, arson, shooting into parking lots when the business is closed for the night, etc.) vs. dining in and beating someone to death. But it’s hard to make a judgement without knowing what the staff and witnesses have told police about what exactly these guys said and did during their entire visit.

I agree. The guys may look more menacing en face, but from the back one can’t make a solid judgment. However, they might be “wannabe gangstas” set up by an adult, or some friends who are older and more serious. Good luck to Ontario LE.

Can someone summarize things for me? I'm having trouble reading between the lines. 3 men were arrested? TIA

Arrests were made on July 30th, but not announced until a few days ago. As IamShadow said above we don’t know much else about them yet.

No idea what the charges will be.

We haven’t been told why, only that there are complicating factors. The Owen Sound Homicide unit and OPP worked the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiasco331989
Back