CANADA Canada - Sharin Morningstar Keenan, 9, Toronto, 23 Jan 1983

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
April 5 2017
http://www.cp24.com/news/police-app...nted-in-1983-murder-of-toronto-girl-1.3355277
Police appeal for info on whereabouts of suspect wanted in 1983 murder of Toronto girl

Police are asking members of the public for information on the whereabouts of a man who investigators allege sexually assaulted and murdered a nine-year-old Toronto girl more than 30 years ago.
In a video appeal released Wednesday, Det.- Sgt. Stacy Gallant said police are still searching for Dennis Melvyn Howe, who is wanted for the murder of Sharin’ Morningstar Keenan.
The young girl disappeared from a park on Brunswick Avenue on Jan. 23, 1983.

Sharin' Morningstar Keenan is seen in this photo released by Toronto police. (Toronto Police Service handout).

“Shortly before 4 p.m., Sharin’ was seen speaking to a male in the park. When she did not arrive home, her parents searched the park but were unable to locate her. Police were contacted and an all-out search commenced,” Gallant said.

attachment.php

Howe, who was 43 at the time of the murder, was previously described as approximately five-foot-nine with brown eyes. He had a half-inch scar under the left side of his chin, a crooked pinky finger and a scar on his right thumb. Police also said Howe was left-handed, had a birthmark on his chest and had very bad teeth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 51
rbbm.
April 5 2017
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/whereabouts-of-suspect-wanted-in-1983-murder-of-toronto-girl-still-unknown-police-1.3355293

According to police, Howe had one child from a common law relationship in 1969 and had two brothers and two sisters.

“To the nieces and nephews, or if you are the child of Dennis Melvin Howe, we want to hear from you. So please contact the Toronto Police Service,” Gallant said.

Howe, who was born in Regina, would now be 76 years old.

“Dead or alive, we’re looking for Dennis Melvyn Howe,” Gallant said.

“We have his DNA. Someone knows where he is and we want to hear from you.”

Published on Apr 5, 2017

Homicide #1/1983,
Dennis Melvin Howe, 76, wanted for First-Degree Murder
Update
[video=youtube;EH4EMrOY54g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH4EMrOY54g[/video]

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/sharin-morningstar-keenan-killing-dennis-howe-search-1.4056136
[h=1]'Dead or alive': Police seek suspect in 1983 murder of nine-year-old Sharin Morningstar Keenan[/h]
[h=3]Man wanted in killing, Dennis Melvin Howe, would now be 76 years old[/h]
rbbm
He also often used the term "turkeys" when speaking about people and he liked to do needlepoint when he was in jail. Police also say Howe was a heavy smoker and regular user of both drugs and alcohol. Police say Howe may be hearing impaired and use a hearing aid.

Howe, a Regina, Sask. native with an extensive criminal record for violent offences, was released on mandatory supervision in 1982 from a Saskatchewan penitentiary where he spent almost 15 years for assaulting women and girls. His release was revoked when he fled the area.

He was divorced in 1967 from his wife and did not have any children from that marriage. However, police say it's believed he had a daughter from a common-law relationship in 1969. Police say Howe also had two brothers and two sisters.

Attachments

• NR.37611.1491400371.jpg
    NR.37611.1491400371.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 49
This was all over the news today. A new appeal for Howe. Doubt it will amount to anything, sadly. This piece of garbage should be entering his 34th year in prison, but he has been free all this time. It really burns me up.
dxman, if you're still around, I guess your apparent breakthrough on Howe a few years ago didn't pan out. Pity, it looked so promising.

This was all over the news today. A new appeal for Howe. Doubt it will amount to anything, sadly. This piece of garbage should be entering his 34th year in prison, but he has been free all this time. It really burns me up.
dxman, if you're still around, I guess your apparent breakthrough on Howe a few years ago didn't pan out. Pity, it looked so promising.

New I think is the needlepoint detail and the news about drugs. Drugs interesting as it opens up a different milieu. people with mix with others they wouldn't say drink with if they have access to drugs. But cold case squad in Toronto seems to only 1. focus on DNA cases 2. Or they try the somebody knows who did this call us angle. Little ratiocination as far as I can tell maybe I'm wrong.

Dare i suggest a couple more composites be done of DMH?
Thinking a skinny version, maybe with glasses too, and/or in female clothing, ie wigged, granny doing needlepoint in the park.
speculation, imo.

OT - Dotr - Do you recall this murder of a young girl in Toronto? IIRC she was about two years old, taken from the apartment complex where she lived by a person that lived in the same complex. There was a photo of the and he looked like something out of a horror film. [I may have seen this in Readers Digest] She was found in Lake Ontario. This took place during the 80's I believe. I can't seem to locate anything on this or whether they caught the or not. TIA

OT - Dotr - Do you recall this murder of a young girl in Toronto? IIRC she was about two years old, taken from the apartment complex where she lived by a person that lived in the same complex. There was a photo of the and he looked like something out of a horror film. [I may have seen this in Readers Digest] She was found in Lake Ontario. This took place during the 80's I believe. I can't seem to locate anything on this or whether they caught the or not. TIA

Are you referring to this 1991 case, if so, the perp, David Wayne Snowdon, was arrested.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/17/child-killers-location-unknown-with-kingston-pen-closure

October 17, 2013 08:52 PM EDT
1297480668312_ORIGINAL.jpg
Keri-Lee Deon with her a photo of her daughter Kayla Klaudusz in her Oshawa home on Wednesday, Oct 16, 2013. (Veronica Henri/Toronto Sun)
TORONTO - Anybody know the whereabouts of sex-killer David Wayne Snowdon?
The mother of the little girl he sexually assaulted and murdered would like to know.
“With Kingston Pen closing last month I have lost track of him,” said Keri-Lee Deon. “And nobody will tell me where he is.”
Snowdon was convicted of first-degree murder in the July 10, 1991, sex slaying of three-year-old Kayla Klaudusz, who he nabbed in a Parkdale playground while a babysitter was distracted.
Kayla’s lifeless body was discovered almost two months later in Lake Ontario.
Thanks to tireless and innovative investigative work by then Det. Rick Gauthier, Kathryn Martin, Jeff McGuire and many others, Snowdon — who was a janitor at the building — was tracked down and eventually convicted.
“When he killed her, he killed me,” said a crying Keri-Lee.

Thanks! Yes! This is the one I was referring to. Good to know they have him locked up. He not only took the life of poor wee Kayla but destroyed her family completely.

Unable to locate anything on his parole hearing. I wonder if he is kept in isolation as one would think the other hardened inmates would have taken care of him.

There was another similar case. Girl went to visit a friend in her building and she disappeared. I recall the person who started the thread actually turned out to be a POI. Let me dig but that one was so weird.

Sorry, found it but it wasnt in Canada. It was Tiffany Stubbs from Belton MO. back in '88. For some reason I thought it was Ontario.

Sorry, found it but it wasnt in Canada. It was Tiffany Stubbs from Belton MO. back in '88. For some reason I thought it was Ontario.
Maybe you're confusing it with the case of Nicole Morin, who left her Etobicoke apartment to go swimming with a friend in 1985, and hasn't been seen since.
There's also Andrea Atkinson, who disappeared from her east Toronto apartment building in October, 1990. Her body was later found in the boiler room, and the apartment janitor was convicted of her murder.

http://www.citynews.ca/2016/10/20/video-1983-cold-case-continues-to-haunt-toronto-police/?show_id=0
@ 00:55 LE Lawrie comments on how clean the room was, but what intrigued me was the following comment about the bed made with " hospital corners ".
Was DMH known for being a neat freak, why would someone who would kill a little girl ( putting her in fridge, to be "clean" "odour-free"?) worry about how the room smelled, and how the bed was made?

" Was he influenced by an old-school nurse? Maybe he rented that room, but generally did not actually stay there?
Maybe that detail about the bed,might help someone remember him?
imo, speculation.
"

Need to look at the city directory from 83 again there was a Burns (one of his known alias's) on Huron and Dupont possibly at the address the guy I met around Feb. 1 that year (way back in thread)....will see. Oddly Dotr one "suspect" beyond DMH I have as involved did have two addresses including one across the street from where she was killed and one close to where DMH worked, a stone's throw. Unrelated: I wonder why whoever made the obituary for her grandfather who died a few years ago did not include SK in the obituary? It is no big deal to say "preceased by". Her father is dead now too.

Does anyone know how likely it is LE would allow you to see evidence turned in to them if they still have it and have it organized? I gave them a handwritten note with address of the guy I thought was DMH around Feb. 1 1983 stopped a police car around Bloor Spadina. They were interested in this note because later I realized they had his handwriting. This before they knew who he was. Odd, I cannot remember if this man gave me his name though I talked to him for quite a while. It is possible to make a freedom of information request?

I was looking up the young children snatched up in Toronto that I remembered as a child. Noticed that I couldnt find a pic of the david wayne Snowdon, found this. he is also on Pinterest.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/...er censored*-charlottetown-man-jail-1.3223058

I was looking up the young children snatched up in Toronto that I remembered as a child. Noticed that I couldnt find a pic of the david wayne Snowdon, found this. he is also on Pinterest.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/...er censored*-charlottetown-man-jail-1.3223058

Welcome to Ws kuniva, thanks for the interesting link!

I am increasingly certain she was not killed in Howe's room. Reasons:
1. Autopsy had to wait for 2 days for her body to thaw that old 1950's era fridge with the freezer in a small top compartment would not freeze her body. Sorry the source of this (media) is somewhere in these threads. (This could be an error by media of course).
2. Howe chain-smoked yet there was no scent of smoke in the room. The room was also very neat. (source TPS detective who found her body).
3. The same detective says about what should be a simple police theory "at least that is what they say happened."
4. Presence I believe of a serial killer or accomplice of one (not caught) living close to Howe's house. Of course she could have been killed anywhere according to my theory. I think there was a small cabal (at least) in the vicinity that Howe heard of and and gravitated towards after leaving P.A. But we don't know how long he was living in that house. This involves people associated with or who had infiltrated the two private schools nearby Loretto and St. Alban's.

5. The fact Howe was not caught. Was he eliminated or paid to disappear? He was a dumb-*advertiser censored* criminal who suddenly could evade police forever. I would like to know how they know it is Howe's DNA at the scene. Did they match it with family members? Can someone help me out here - how do they know that the DNA belongs to Dennis Melvin Howe? I don't think we know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecp2001
Back