CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if we are in these sort of musing moods/frames of mind then I think 1.someone from the hospital 2. someone from Bolton area who knew saw her there.

I am sure LE is putting this reward down in case someone just knows, pretty well 100% but is afraid. And for the free publicity it gives to the case.

JV - see Audrey Gleave case most recent thread there are posters who are convinced same perp for AG and SV and Shelly Loder and they see resemblance between a certain somebody who was arrested on a related or unrelated charge depending on how you look at it in Florida.

I do think LE focused way too much on Orangeville in this case.

I really like the hospital angle for one thing a doctor med student whatever - hence under the radar.

I have to say, that I always wondered about the actors, producers, directors involved with the Splatalot filming located in/near Orangeville at the time.

Many of those men came in from other cities and even countries.

They are long since gone.

Could one of them be Sonia's murderer?

Wasn't there recent filming in AG's area before her murder as well?

I've been suspicious of the neighbours who may or may not have moved out right after Sonia was murdered. Who may or may not be the same loud neighbours she complained about. JMO

Yes, as I understand it there were some young men renting a unit close to Sonia's whom she had been having some trouble with. It would stand to reason that these young men may have had other young men from either in or outside the area over to their unit during the time Sonia was living there. If she had called LE at any time because of loud parties etc, someone may have had an issue with her.

I've always considered this a young and possibly drug fueled perp myself. I hope all young men with any connection to that rental unit have been swabbed but something tells me perhaps that is not the case.

MOO

Sonia’s remains were found nearly a week later near Beechgrove Sideroad in Caledon. Her cause of death has never been released by police.

Remembered as a vibrant, loving woman who loved the outdoors, Michele said not having answers about her daughter’s death, “drives me crazy.”

And, being kept in the dark about the investigation hasn’t helped, she said.

“To this day, we know nothing,” she said. “I don’t believe they should have the right to keep a family in a situation like that.”

http://www.caledonenterprise.com/ne...her-not-hopeful-reward-will-help-find-killer/

DNA not in database tells me it IS a younger perp, not an older perp who offended for the first time all of a sudden. I also don't see him as a serial offender that was so smart to not be caught also with other crimes since Sonia's case is so sloppy and high risk with the three crime scenes. JMO

DNA not in database tells me it IS a younger perp, not an older perp who offended for the first time all of a sudden. I also don't see him as a serial offender that was so smart to not be caught also with other crimes since Sonia's case is so sloppy and high risk with the three crime scenes. JMO

Yes but I notice in a lot of posts on LE we can't help thinking of serial offenders. But lots of 'perps' commit ONE crime of course often because they are caught - but sometimes because that one day or night in their lives they "lose it". I agree Matou it would be bizarre if these cases were linked as you say the sloppiness/risk taking is off the charts. Sonia seems like a normal woman not old likes men (normal) dates a bit it would be very easy to isolate her.

Why is the crime committed in her house? Her Mom thinks she opened the door at night for a cat something like that. I doubt it a bit. Think she knew her killer 'invited' him maybe not very willingly but did.

And the perp takes these large risks I actually doubt he is trying to confuse the crime scene at that point my guess is he is 1. actually taking Sonia somewhere at that point. I do not know the injuries could he even be thinking of taking her to the hospital at that point with an excuse of some kind then she dies en route or he panics? Or 2. as someone said he wants to spend time with her dead body you now it is possible but I really doubt it here 3. He is trying to deny what happened in the house that was there she is here etc. 4. Or he was actually planning to get back to clean up the house turn it into a missing persons but time prevented him.

Overwhelmingly I do not think he is happy with that has transpired. Hardly helps Sonia I realize.

I dont think personally it is a serial crime per despite the violence. This is someone IMO who had some regard for Sonia but lost it. I am interested in what her Mom said about the hospital. For Sonia to screw up like that I think there HAD to be something else behind that there was some other motive to the rebellion. Oh I wish I knew what.

Who was she rebelling against? I think 50% that is your killer. Dispute. Some attraction to Sonia. Maybe a relationship of some kind. Came to talk. Looks like Sonia could be a bit adamant, stubborn true? Wouldn't budge. Crime.

(This is a scenario just one I realize).

Bolton angle and Doctor/hospital angle could be the same angle.

Cake thing still bothers me.

A followup to a post I have made previously on this thread because it involved a large bold theft from a hospital..
bbm.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...eals-baby-grand-piano-hospital_n_3861437.html

"Timofeyev was able to elude police for more than a month, even after he sold the instrument. The owner of Mississauga music store called police to report that he purchased it from a man matching Timofeyev's description, according to the National Post.

Security footage marked Timofeyev as the main suspect. He's reportedly a male model, approximately 5-foot-11 with a muscular build and short blonde hair"

Guess he is not camera shy..

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5705406/?ref_=tt_cl_t5

Just wondering where in Ov JM lived. One listed Mc, is only 2 minutes distance from SV former address.

Wouldn't that be something if this guy turns out to be Sonia's killer! It has been said that they might not have her killer's DNA on file because he is young. He would have been 17 at the time of the murder. Of course, being only 17 he would be classified as a young offender, so would escape the full consequences.

If I have the right address for the guy accused of killing his friend, he lives either a 2 minute drive or an 8 minute walk from Sonia's house. Instead of walking through the streets, he could have walked along the ravine behind her house until he got to his street, lessening his chances of being seen.

Not trying to convict the guy or anything, but it would be so great to finally solve Sonia's murder.

I wonder if the killer of Sonia left the Province or the Country, shortly after the murder?
I sometimes wonder if he left early to be out of reach of the law.

I wonder if the killer of Sonia left the Province or the Country, shortly after the murder?
I sometimes wonder if he left early to be out of reach of the law.

I wonder if the killer was part of the international film crew for Spatalot that was filming near Orangeville at the time of the murder?

There were rumours flying around that it could have been a cop.
Personally, I can't see it.

Can you explain what you mean by "rumours flying around" - I assume you mean in Orangeville area?

Anything else on that?

Yes, it was a comment made by a citizen of O'ville in the O'ville paper. There were other such comments that have cropped up over the last 3 years.
Never anything concrete - so I don't put much faith in it.
That theory has never been explored, and who would want to go there with it?

Sonia had to call the cops a number of occasions regarding the partiers who lived a few doors down.
Whomever drove her around to the site, and then drove back into town, probably was aware of the routes the cops took, and - also knew that there were no cameras behind the tack shop where he parked her car.
He also had confidence that if he were stopped, he would have a good reason for being in that area at that late time of night.

All of it flimsy ----

And - she would have opened up her door, if she recognized him as being a cop.
Doesn't hold up to much water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member