Found Deceased Canada- Suleiman Khawar, 23, last seen @ the Mansion Night Club, downtown Vancouver ( West Georgia/ Thurlow) 25 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
1685365113478.png
Vancouver police are seeking to find Suleiman Khawar, 23, who was last seen Thursday (May 25) while at Mansion Night Club in the city's downtown core near West Georgia and Thurlow streets. Vancouver Police Department

''Suleiman Khawar, 23, was last seen Thursday (May 25) while at Mansion Night Club near West Georgia and Thurlow streets.
At around midnight, he told his family he was on his way home but never showed up.

Khawar is South Asian, six feet tall, with a slim build, short black hair, and a black beard with a mustache. He was last seen wearing a blue button-down shirt over a white t-shirt, black jeans, and black shoes with white soles.

Anyone who saw Khawar in Vancouver's downtown core Thursday night or early Friday morning, or who has information regarding his whereabouts, is asked to contact VPD’s Missing Persons Unit at 604-717-2530 or email vpd.missing@vpd.ca.''

27 May 2023 rbbm.
Suleiman-missing-178x300.jpg
Vancouver –
Vancouver Police are asking for the public’s help to locate a missing 23-year-old man.
Suleiman Khawar was last seen May 25 while at Mansion Night Club near West Georgia and Thurlow. At around midnight, he told his family he was on his way home, but he did not show. Suleiman’s family is very concerned for his well-being.
Suleiman is South Asian, 6 feet tall, and has a slim build. He has short black hair and a black beard with a mustache. He was last seen wearing a blue button-down shirt over a white t-shirt, black jeans and black shoes with white soles.
Anyone who saw Suleiman in Vancouver’s downtown core on Thursday night/early Friday morning, or anyone with information regarding his whereabouts, please contact VPD’s Missing Person Unit at 604-717-2530 or email vpd.missing@vpd.ca.''

That's not very far from where Irshaad Ikbal went missing (and was subsequently found deceased). He was also out with friends and went missing late at night.

That's not very far from where Irshaad Ikbal went missing (and was subsequently found deceased). He was also out with friends and went missing late at night.

Had been quietly thinking the same thing, but hoping Suleiman is found safe and sound.

May 29 2023
''For the second time in a single month, a South Asian man has gone missing after a night out in downtown Vancouver.
Police say 23-year-old Suleiman Khawar went to Mansion Night Club near West Georgia and Thurlow streets on the night of May 25 and last contacted his family around midnight to tell him he was coming home.
However, Khawar never showed up and his family is very concerned for his well being, according to a statement the Vancouver Police Department issued Saturday.
Suleiman is described as a South Asian man who is six feet tall and has a slim build, short black hair, beard and a moustache.''

''Four weeks prior to Khawar’s disappearance, on April 29, a South Asian man from Langley went missing after a night out with friends inside Vancouver’s Harbour Event Centre at the Plaza of Nations.
The body of 36-year-old Irshaad Ikbal was discovered in False Creek on May 19.
The BC Coroners Service is investigating and the cause of Ikbal's death has yet to be determined, according to Vancouver police, who have launched their own investigation into the fatality.''

was he drinking alcohol? did he drive to the club? hopefully they're checking other surveillance cameras nearby and hopefully he didn't walk or drive to nearby water
I believe he's not really a drinker. His compass card showed that he took the skytrain downtown (I don't know from where) but never showed him leaving.

There is a huge amount of surveillance footage being combed through. What's just so odd to me is that he went on this night out all by himself.

His family have said that he's a trusting personality and also not confrontational.

I believe he's not really a drinker. His compass card showed that he took the skytrain downtown (I don't know from where) but never showed him leaving.

There is a huge amount of surveillance footage being combed through. What's just so odd to me is that he went on this night out all by himself.

His family have said that he's a trusting personality and also not confrontational.

by himself? I wonder if he was meeting someone ... hopefully someone can access and check his social media accounts

by himself? I wonder if he was meeting someone ... hopefully someone can access and check his social media accounts
Pretty weird right? He's 23, so I suppose that could make it marginally less weird. I agree though, he had to have been going to meet someone(s). I've seen the cellphone ping data and essentially, he went there, then to other places on Granville St too. He traveled 1.8km from Mansion.

Is this just a incidence that Middle Eastern men are disappearing in this area of Canada? Is this area highly populated with Middle Easterns so it wouldn't be all that odd that the missing are Middle Eastern?

Is this just a incidence that Middle Eastern men are disappearing in this area of Canada? Is this area highly populated with Middle Easterns so it wouldn't be all that odd that the missing are Middle Eastern?
Vancouver has a large South Asian population, like the rest of Canadian cities. That said, it is a little suspicious to me that three have gone missing in the last month from a very small area of the city, all after nights out.

Of course, it could be a coincidence, but I'd also add that all these men are on the smaller side and would have possibly been intoxicated, so easily overpowered. We're not talking about 250lb, 6 ft tall men here.

While one was found in the river, I wonder what the circumstances were, if he was just drunk enough to fall in? I'm not familiar enough with the area. Suicide would be an off conclusion given that he was out partying. MOO

rbbm.
''Mansion Nightclub at Paradox Hotel Vancouver is throwing a huge One-Year Anniversary Party on Thursday, May 25''

''Whenever you arrive, make sure that you’re dressed up in style as the 9,000-square-foot venue will be packed with stunning visuals and party-goers dancing to the live entertainment.''

Going out alone doesn't strike me as super odd. I have a fairly large social group, and I love going out alone. I'm not a heavy drinker, but will go to the bar quite often alone. Its also possible that was an area he went out regularly so he may have known people who would be there, even if he didn't go "with" anyone.

The multiple missing South Asian men missing in a few short weeks is very concerning, is making me think of the McArthur case out of toronto. Hopefully Suleiman is safe somewhere and will be able to tell his family soon what happened.

Sorry to veer OT folks, but Tricia is asking for our help to find "The Human Fly". Please read her post:

June 3 2023 rbbm
''The family started a fundraiser to raise money for a private investigator and underwater searches.

A search party will also take place on Sunday (June 4).

“Somebody somewhere must have seen him,” says his mother, Wagma Khawar. “We miss Suleiman very much and we will go to any lengths to find him."

Khawar is South Asian, six feet tall, with a slim build, short black hair, and a black beard with a mustache. He was last seen wearing a blue button-down shirt over a white t-shirt, black jeans, and black shoes with white soles.

Anyone who saw Khawar in Vancouver's downtown core Thursday night or early Friday morning, has dashcam footage, or who has information regarding his whereabouts, is asked to contact VPD’s Missing Persons Unit at 604-717-2530 or email vpd.missing@vpd.ca or the family's tip line findingsuleimankhawar@gmail.com.''
1685835348562.png

June 4 2023 rbbm
1685962969468.png

''We have 32 people in the water on kayaks, then we have people on the ground, they'll be headed east from Granville Island,” said Ali.

“Searching and putting up posters to keep awareness,” he continued.

Ali describes his brother as a “sweetheart” and has no idea what could have happened.

“Really, really friendly, always had a good name in the community,” he said.

“We’re just confused, there's nothing we can think of, we've exhausted every resource so far,” Ali continued.

Khawar is the second South Asian man to go missing after a night out in downtown Vancouver in the last few months, though there is no indication that the disappearances are related.''

In an email to CTV News, Sgt. Steve Addison of the VPD said, “While there appears to be similarities in their ages, ethnicity and the circumstances surrounding their disappearances, to date we have found no evidentiary links between the two cases.”

“However, we have not drawn any conclusions,” he said.''

''Any tips can be logged through VPD at 604-717-2530 and via email: findingsuleimankhawar@gmail.com''

June 4 2023 rbbm
View attachment 426717

''We have 32 people in the water on kayaks, then we have people on the ground, they'll be headed east from Granville Island,” said Ali.

“Searching and putting up posters to keep awareness,” he continued.

Ali describes his brother as a “sweetheart” and has no idea what could have happened.

“Really, really friendly, always had a good name in the community,” he said.

“We’re just confused, there's nothing we can think of, we've exhausted every resource so far,” Ali continued.

Khawar is the second South Asian man to go missing after a night out in downtown Vancouver in the last few months, though there is no indication that the disappearances are related.''

In an email to CTV News, Sgt. Steve Addison of the VPD said, “While there appears to be similarities in their ages, ethnicity and the circumstances surrounding their disappearances, to date we have found no evidentiary links between the two cases.”

“However, we have not drawn any conclusions,” he said.''

''Any tips can be logged through VPD at 604-717-2530 and via email: findingsuleimankhawar@gmail.com''

Thanks for sharing this @dotr . I went to this thing and there were film crew there too from a couple of media outlets. Nothing tangible was found but people did figure out where a lot more cctv cameras are and we'll all be calling around today. We desperately want to find him. Seeing the excruciating pain his Mom is in... this is so dreadful.

Guys he's been found deceased. RIP Suleiman. Awful :(

The search for a 23-year-old man who went missing after a night out in Vancouver last month has come to a tragic end, police confirmed Tuesday.

Suleiman Khawar’s body was discovered by a boater in False Creek near Granville Island shortly after 8:30 a.m. Monday, according to a statement by the Vancouver Police Department.

His remains were found just one day after Khawar’s family held a large search party on Granville Island, which included 32 people in kayaks searching False Creek.

No one had heard from Khawar since around midnight on May 25, when he told his family he was on his way home from Mansion Night Club near West Georgia and Thurlow Streets.

His brother, Atal Ali, told CTV News he was last seen heading south on Granville and Nelson streets at around 1:20 a.m.

Vancouver police say their investigation into his disappearance is still open, and a new one has been launched by BC Coroners Service.

Khawar is the second South Asian man who’s been found dead after going missing following a night out in Vancouver this year.

On April 29, Langley resident Irshaad Ikbal disappeared during a night out with friends at the Harbour Event Centre at the Plaza of Nations.

The 36-year-old's body was discovered in False Creek on May 18.

Earlier this week, VPD spokesperson Sgt. Steve Addison said police had found no evidence that the two cases are linked.

“However, we have not drawn any conclusions,” Addison wrote in an email to CTV News.

Anyone who saw or interacted with Khawar just before midnight on May 25, or in the early hours the next day, is asked to contact VPD’s Missing Person Unit at 604-717-2530 or email vpd.missing@vpd.ca.

Very sad, but it was nice to see so many search and care for this young man, may he rip.
''Khawar's body was discovered by a boater near Granville Island just after 8:30 a.m. on Monday and the BC Coroners Service is now investigating.

The Vancouver Police Department (VPD) investigation into his disappearance remains open and the VPD asks anyone who saw or interacted with Khawar just before midnight on May 25, or in the early hours of May 26, to call VPD’s Missing Person Unit at 604-717-2530 or email vpd.missing@vpd.ca.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back