Found Deceased Canada- Suleiman Khawar, 23, last seen @ the Mansion Night Club, downtown Vancouver ( West Georgia/ Thurlow) 25 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very sad, but it was nice to see so many search and care for this young man, may he rip.
''Khawar's body was discovered by a boater near Granville Island just after 8:30 a.m. on Monday and the BC Coroners Service is now investigating.

The Vancouver Police Department (VPD) investigation into his disappearance remains open and the VPD asks anyone who saw or interacted with Khawar just before midnight on May 25, or in the early hours of May 26, to call VPD’s Missing Person Unit at 604-717-2530 or email vpd.missing@vpd.ca.''

I agree. He was clearly a special and gentle person. My heart is broken for his Mom, but like you say, at least there is no more uncertainty, and they can begin moving through their grief.

I guess we all now wait with bated breath to learn about whether or not their is a bad actor on the streets of Vancouver. Assuming that we are able to do so while respecting his poor family.

This is very sad news, I send my sympathies to this poor young man's family and friends.
No one had heard from Khawar since around midnight on May 25, when he told his family he was on his way home from Mansion Night Club near West Georgia and Thurlow Streets.

His brother, Atal Ali, told CTV News he was last seen heading south on Granville and Nelson streets at around 1:20 a.m.

Just to point out, Granville & Nelson is the opposite direction from the nightclub for transit back to Langley, and he was heading towards the Granville Street Bridge over False Creek, near Granville Island.

JMO

Snipped...
...Speaking to CityNews, Sgt. Steve Addison says while there are similarities between Khawar’s death and the death of Irshad Ikbaal, there is no “evidentiary link” that police have discovered between the two cases.

“They’re both very tragic cases that are still under investigation. But at this point, there’s no indication that the two cases are connected. Right now, it’s just a coincidence that this has happened. There’s no evidence or indication that the two cases are connected,” he said.

Ikbaal’s body was found in False Creek on May 18, just two weeks prior to the disappearance of Khawar. The cause of the man’s death has not yet been determined, with the VPD saying the coroner is also looking into the matter.

The VPD adds its “investigation into Irshaad’s disappearance remains open.”

This is very sad news, I send my sympathies to this poor young man's family and friends.

Just to point out, Granville & Nelson is the opposite direction from the nightclub for transit back to Langley, and he was heading towards the Granville Street Bridge over False Creek, near Granville Island.

JMO

Yip, completely the opposite direction from where he arrived at. But he wasn't from Langley, that was Irshaad Ikbal who lost his life 4 weeks before Suleiman. We tracked his phone pings all the way down Granville to the bridge, then back up Granville into either the Roxy Cabaret or Vogue Theatre. And then he went back down Granville again. At this point the skytrain had stopped running too. The stop he got off at when he first arrived downtown and went to Mansion was Burrard.

I'd like to understand why the police are still appealing for information. Does this mean it didn't seem to be a suicide? Or is this part of the normal investigative process? With Irshaad they didn't do that. Or is it possible to see if he bought drugs off of someone?

Body found on shores of Northeast False Creek

June 15, 2023

Snipped...
...“The call came in at 5:18 a.m. and the body appears to be a man’s body,” said public information officer Const. Tania Visintin. “Everything else is still under investigation.”

The bodies of two men who went missing after visiting downtown nightclubs were found recently in False Creek, less than three weeks apart.

Langley’s Irshaad Iqbal, 36, went missing April 29 after attending the Harbour Event Centre. His body was found May 18 near the Plaza of Nations. On June 5, a boater near Granville Island found the body of Suleiman Khawar, 23, who went missing after visiting the Mansion Club in the Paradox Hotel, formerly known as the Trump International.

The body has been identified as that of a 26-year-old man, though police say his death is not believed to be the result of a crime. The BC Coroners Service is investigating the death.

The body has been identified as that of a 26-year-old man, though police say his death is not believed to be the result of a crime. The BC Coroners Service is investigating the death.

They've (VPD) again now said that the three appear to be unrelated. I really wish they would tell us why they believe that. Because three in a month is messed up and I'm sure that all of us in Vancouver would be pleased to know that there is not a murderer skulking around downtown. I'm properly disturbed.

^ Yes, you wouldn't want another Bruce McArthur in Vancouver. I bet Vancouver PS has already cross referenced these two men with Toronto PS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramsie101
Back