Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't anyone think it odd that the witness said little TM was carrying a suitcase? You'd think stocky guy would carry it for her wouldn't you?

Doesn't anyone think it odd that the witness said little TM was carrying a suitcase? You'd think stocky guy would carry it for her wouldn't you?

She may have a little child suitcase with wheels. That's what i thought of immediately.

I thought that too, but if I saw it, I would have said she was pulling or towing a suitcase.

If I recall correctly the police spokesman stated it was a pink suitcase. And my first thought was a little girls suitcase. I don't think it's odd at all for TM to be carrying a little suitcase. I have a daughter only 2 yrs old and she carries her little backpack around with her.
Not sure but if TM was leaving with someone she trusted it may have been easy for that person to say "hey TM pack a suitcase we are going for trip/sleepover/etc", and maybe TM was happy/excited to pack and carry a bag. And a little girls suitcase - even when packed - is designed for kids to carry.
Another possibility is that the CPC spokesman may have said carry but maybe witness did say pull/tow. Or maybe witness mis-remembered Carry, tow, or pull - I think it's irrelevant.

A stocky black male. She was carrying a suitcase and was spotted with him 11:30am Monday near where Sara's car was found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have we seen a picture in the media of CM's older son?

Another night upon us. Still no sign of Taliyah.

I truly believe she is safe and is being cared for in a loving way. Let's hope that things progress positively from here.

Hugs to dear Taliyah!

The part about the suitcase makes me feel better. I doubt a SO would've let her pack a suitcase to bring. IMO, it's a family member.

I agree. If not a family member, a close friend or boyfriend of mom that TM knows. Not a stranger IMO.

I have a feeling that mom was killed while TM was sleeping which is why she was put in the closet. Then when TM woke up whoever took her told her that her mommy had to go out or something.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly. If she knew about SB she would have been distraught and fighting. By all accounts this is a smart and capable school aged child.

TM was spotted at 11:30, but no one was alarmed by her during the incident, or it would've been reported sooner. No reports of people being worried about her being with this man or of her screaming. Sounds like she's with someone she trusts and is clueless (at the time) about what was unfolding with her mom. I just hope we can trust them to keep her safe until she's found.

Have we seen a picture in the media of CM's older son?

I haven't seen his picture in MSM but they have used his name and reported about his phone call to TM. I have "seen" his picture elsewhere though...

Also,
In response to the mentions of Halifax... I assume they have already checked fight manifests and airport security cameras. So... How long is a road trip from Calgary to Halifax? Takes around 24 hours straight from where I live in Ontario to get to Halifax...and my phone map says 2 days from Calgary to Halifax. SO, IF someone is delivering her to be sheltered out East, they would've arrived today (in theory). But it appears CPS doesn't suspect this, since the Amber Alert is still only province wide. So, should we shelve a Halifax theory for now? I wish we had more info... But I fully understand why we don't. It's just hard to sit back sometimes and wait for the work to be done behind the scenes.

I agree. If not a family member, a close friend or boyfriend of mom that TM knows. Not a stranger IMO.

My thoughts exactly. If she knew about SB she would have been distraught and fighting. By all accounts this is a smart and capable school aged child.

TM was spotted at 11:30, but no one was alarmed by her during the incident, or it would've been reported sooner. No reports of people being worried about her being with this man or of her screaming. Sounds like she's with someone she trusts and is clueless (at the time) about what was unfolding with her mom. I just hope we can trust them to keep her safe until she's found.

I haven't seen his picture in MSM but they have used his name and reported about his phone call to TM. I have "seen" his picture elsewhere though...

Also,
In response to the mentions of Halifax... I assume they have already checked fight manifests and airport security cameras. So... How long is a road trip from Calgary to Halifax? Takes around 24 hours straight from where I live in Ontario to get to Halifax...and my phone map says 2 days from Calgary to Halifax. SO, IF someone is delivering her to be sheltered out East, they would've arrived today (in theory). But it appears CPS doesn't suspect this, since the Amber Alert is still only province wide. So, should we shelve a Halifax theory for now? I wish we had more info... But I fully understand why we don't. It's just hard to sit back sometimes and wait for the work to be done behind the scenes.

IMO as someone who used to work in media, the Halifax stuff is being misinterpreted/blown out of proportion around here. I'd say the author of the CBC Halifax article was simply using a local angle they coincidently found to try and make the story more relevant to local readers. Calgary is practically on the opposite end of the country from Halifax, and from a journalistic perspective it's always good to add any local context to a national story whenever possible. But it's not always possible and IMO the author was kind of forcing it and it fell flat and has caused more confusion than anything.

I thought only SB dad is deceased? Do we have confirmation about mom? I read a comment from a girl who said their moms are best friends.

There is no confirmation that SB's mother is deceased. The comment from the girl was the god mother of TM's daughter. SB and the god mother are best friends.

Not if you are a murderous, insensitive, calculating Sociopath! :/

I'm pretty sure he also said the estranged father has been contacted and is cooperating. So it might not be him.

Have had the thought that the father may not be directly involved...perhaps another family member...brother, sister, mother, father? They've also lost a granddaughter and niece through the estrangement. Then there's also the possibility that mom had some messed up friends...the little girl is absolutely gorgeous...why do people take children? I hope she's found safe and sound. It's so sad that mom's life wasn't spared...I'm sure that was not necessary...not that any of this is/was.

I'm wondering why the paternal family has not come out asking for TM?
I find it strange. Where is dad? He released a statement but hasn't been "seen".
I really hope TM shows up somewhere soon. Even if it's far away. I just hope she's alive.

All MOO!

I don't find it strange if family doesn't want to speak to the media. I know if, God forbid, something awful happened in my family...very few would speak out. My family is full of very private people.

Off to bed. Really hoping that there is some good news tomorrow.
The fact that the perp had her carrying a suitcase gives me hope that he had planned for her to have a future...somewhere!

There is no confirmation that SB's mother is deceased. The comment from the girl was the god mother of TM's daughter. SB and the god mother are best friends.

Sorry, I was referring to a comment I read on SM from a girl who said her mother is best friends with Sara's mother.

<modsnip>

As a granny, I do find it very strange that a grand parent hasn't been mentioned in any text by police/press/family. I would be there even if estranged.
Could she be with a grandparent for summer holidays? Maybe they are out of reach? (really think this is highly unlikely, but it could be possible). Maybe an innocent holiday was arranged for TM by her mother, and no one else was aware?

Timeline, all taken from MSM - CBC, Calgary Herald, Metro News, CPS Twitter, etc...

Sat, Jul 9th:
- Unknown time: Sara & Taliyah are seen on CCTV footage at Dairy Queen, buying a birthday cake

Sun, Jul 10th:
- 11:30am: one report stated this was the last time Taliyah was seen, no details and not followed up by media
- 5:30pm: Sara & Taliyah seen on CCTV footage at Dairy Queen, CPS looking to talk to the couple with the boy in the blue shirt Sara interacted with (Sara waved and they had 2 brief conversations)
- evening: Taliyah&#8217;s 1/2 brother (JM) spoke with her on the phone

Mon, Jul 11th:
- morning: Sara does not show up for work at the Calgary airport (she works full time at Chilis restaurant), unknown start time but was reported as &#8220;Monday morning&#8221;
- unknown: Sara&#8217;s car, a 2016 Ford Fusion located a few blocks from her home (it was reported as &#8220;seized by forensic investigators&#8221;)
- 11:30am: witness reports young girl matching Taliyah&#8217;s description walking with a &#8220;stocky black man&#8221; near where her mother&#8217;s vehicle was located, not reported as being in distress and possibly wearing red or pink boots and a red suitcase
- afternoon: family members, accompanied by the landlord show up at Sara&#8217;s apartment, door was open and they saw no obvious evidence of either Sara or Taliyah
- 8:30pm police are called to the apartment and Sara was found deceased in the home (possibly in the closet)

Tue, Jul 12th:
- 1:40am: Amber Alert issued for the province of Alberta
- 7:00am: CPS hold news conference and announce Sara&#8217;s death is being investigated as a homicide, pending autopsy results
- noon: family and friends attend news conference, great uncle (SH) does most of the talking

Wed, Jul 13th:
- morning: Taliyah&#8217;s dad (CM aka CP) releases a statement via his long time friend (GG) pleading for anyone with information to come forward
- 3:00pm: CPS hold news conference, release information about possible Monday 11:30am sighting and the Dairy Queen CCTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892