Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Calgary Police Service FB page says in the update that "subsequent information was obtained" (after the man was taken into custody) leading to the new search area. I can't seem to find a way to link it but it is a public page and post.

I was thinking the same things. Or perhaps Taliyah saw what happened to her mother? It's such a sad thing though.

Is 7/11 the same day as when she was spotted? And do we think one is leaving and one is going? Or maybe they are both separate trips. The 5pm to clean up any evidence (finger prints and what not)?

I'm thinking that since Taliyah was taken from the crime scene and not discarded in a closet like her poor Mom, that the child is who the suspect wanted.
Unless it was a crime of passion and he couldn't bear to kill a child? Took her to buy some time to think? Who knows I guess. I just want that baby to be okay.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

This article is interesting because it says someone came to Sara's door at approximately 12:30. So after Taliyah was spotted with a man and the grey sedan drove by.

But when sara's family came by that night to look for her, the door was reportedly open.

So it sounds like whoever did this definitely returned. Perhaps left with Taliyah around 11:30/12, dropped her off somewhere and returned around 1(when the car was spotted again) to clean up.

The Calgary Police Service FB page says in the update that "subsequent information was obtained" (after the man was taken into custody) leading to the new search area. I can't seem to find a way to link it but it is a public page and post.

https://m.facebook.com/CalgaryPolic...374974529/10154342918799530/?type=3&source=48
202af4ff3879824e71296c58a44e26c8.jpg

http://newsroom.calgary.ca/amber-alert-update/
Hope this helps...
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must have a different photo than me

Are you reading it wrong like I did at first glance? The time says 01:16:48 pm (1:16 pm and 48 seconds)

When I first looked I was drawn to the 16:48 part

This article is interesting because it says someone came to Sara's door at approximately 12:30. So after Taliyah was spotted with a man and the grey sedan drove by.

But when sara's family came by that night to look for her, the door was reportedly open.

So it sounds like whoever did this definitely returned. Perhaps left with Taliyah around 11:30/12, dropped her off somewhere and returned around 1(when the car was spotted again) to clean up.

Thanks for posting this. I've heard people discussing about someone coming to the door but hadn't read it myself until now. Since there is no description of the visitor, do you think it is possible SB's family looking for her. I wish there was a description given and/or an exact time given for when the family came to search for her,reports just say "afternoon".

Does anyone know how/when the family was notified she didn't turn up for work?

I was thinking the same things. Or perhaps Taliyah saw what happened to her mother? It's such a sad thing though.

I don't think Taliyah saw. Because she reportedly wasn't in distress when she was walking with this man. It was obviously someone Taliyah knew and trusted.

I just really hope she was dropped somewhere and will be found safe.

Canadian police don't release much information and the media here is pretty polite so we have to settle for whatever they want to make available.

This seems similar to the abduction and murder of Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette (Crowsnest Pass area) where the parent was murdered, the child was abducted, and then the child was murdered at a different location. I suspect that the child was the target in this case as well, and the only way to get to the child was to murder the parent.

This seems similar to the abduction and murder of Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette (Crowsnest Pass area) where the parent was murdered, the child was abducted, and then the child was murdered at a different location. I suspect that the child was the target in this case as well, and the only way to get to the child was to murder the parent.

I d drawn parallels with the HDB case since I heard about this case.... BUT I'm praying for a different outcome. With HDB there was a sick non-family member who targeted HDB... I'm *hoping* in TM's case this is a "loving" family member... *hoping*

Honestly though depending on the child, if someone says keep quiet or else, some would definitely obey.

I d drawn parallels with the HDB case since I heard about this case.... BUT I'm praying for a different outcome. With HDB there was a sick non-family member who targeted HDB... I'm *hoping* in TM's case this is a "loving" family member... *hoping*

The suspect may be an acquaintance, but there is absolutely no way that a "loving" family member would murder this child's mother.

Thanks for posting this. I've heard people discussing about someone coming to the door but hadn't read it myself until now. Since there is no description of the visitor, do you think it is possible SB's family looking for her. I wish there was a description given and/or an exact time given for when the family came to search for her,reports just say "afternoon".

Does anyone know how/when the family was notified she didn't turn up for work?

I read in an article that the person who came to SB's basement suite came around 12:30pm on Monday looking for her. This individual went to the back of the house where the entrance to the suite is and the home landlord noticed this and stepped outside to talk with the individual. Here is the statement from OD, the landlord: “I saw a young guy around 12:30 knocking on the door. So, I came out the back door and he said ‘I want to see her.’ I said, ‘she must have gone to work.’ He said, ‘no’, they had been trying to locate her since 10 o’clock and they couldn’t get her,” said Olumuyiwa." found in this article: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/man-in-custody-police-searching-area-east-of-calgary-for-missing-girl-1.2986395

"Dada said family members came by on Monday looking for the woman and he did not see or hear anything in the downstairs apartment." from: http://www.cp24.com/news/family-of-slain-alta-woman-pleads-for-return-of-her-daughter-1.2983099

So it seems as though it was family members that came by at 12:30pm on Monday looking for her. They had been searching/trying to contact her since 10:00am. My guess is that she was scheduled to be at the restaurant around 9-10am and hadn't shown up for work so co-workers/employers contacted her family and by 12:30pm a young male family member went to the basement suite to look for her.

PRIOR to the Dairy Queen cam footage the last known sighting of SB was on Sunday at approx. 11:30am when OD, the landlord, saw them come home with groceries, but we now know that 5:30pm is the last sighting of SB and TM from the Dairy Queen cam footage.

So when this young male family member came to the basement suite looking for SB at 12:30pm Monday it was around the same time period that the dark grey sedan was spotted on a home security cam in the neighbourhood. And it was at 11:30am when witnesses claim to have seen TM carrying a suitcase with a stocky, black male allegedly walking away from where SB's white Ford Fusion car was parked and found.

If you look at the home security cam footage from 01:16:49pm it looks as though MAYBE that the white car in the background is SB's car. But regardless of whether that is her car or not I believe this is the approximate location of where the home security cam footage is from in which the dark grey sedan was captured on camera: https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.1642...4!1s_rd3XvSMpKZguxogGSE-qQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

It certainly is interesting to see that the same dark grey sedan drove into view of the home security cam at two different times approx. 45 mins apart. When it drove by at 12:00:39pm that seems as if it was 30mins before anyone had arrived at the basement suite looking for SB. But when it drove by at 01:16:48pm it seems as though at that same time there could've possibly been family member(s) currently at the basement suite looking for SB.

So it seems as if from 11:30am to 1:16pm on Sunday the person of interest was in the Panorama neighbourhood. And roughly during that same time period is when SB's family member(s) arrived at basement suite looking for her.

Pondering... are they searching near Chestermere for the car (ditched) or our girl (ditched) or both? I'm thinking that the best hope is that the suspect ditched the grey car there (probably a stolen car) and our girl is elsewhere. There isn't a happy scenario where Taliyah is in the search area there, not one that I can think of anyway.

Golf course around Chestemere is where they are searching

Police are searching a rural area East of Calgary for the 5 year old child. What are the chances that the child is alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx