Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. I wonder if we will learn any statement of facts from him?
What would happen if he ends up in a state of limbo, like a persistent vegetative state?

If he's really on a vent, he has probably suffered at the very least a hypoxic episode, and maybe a broken neck. The induced coma makes me think the former and not the latter. They are probably waiting to see if he recovers any brain function. If he doesn't then it'll be up to the family to disconnect the vent provided he doesn't fail all the brain-dead tests.

He tried to hang himself, which is not uncommon for people facing prison for decades.

Obviously there's something wrong with his thinking given the fact that he murdered a 27 year old acquaintance and that acquaintance's 2 year old daughter. He has mental health issues - without doubt, in my opinion. Normal people don't do that and, based on older photos of the suspect, he looked rather normal. Perhaps he was doing meth, or he has develop schizophrenia ... it seems obvious that something went very wrong with him in recent years.

Murderers do normally look "normal". What would you expect him to look like?
He might not have had a mental illness; he may just be sadistic or have been motivated by revenge or something.

I think a requiring a ventilator to breath could mean that, without the machine to do his breathing, he is dead. That would mean that he is unable to attend trial.

It could also be due to the sedation. We don't know.

I know that some serial killers who were definitely guilty committed suicide when they were arrested. Fred West comes to mind. It doesn't necessarily mean that someone is innocent, mentally ill or remorseful IMO. Just means that they would rather be dead than in prison for the rest of their life.
ETA the following is a list only of those who successfully committed suicide, but many more have attempted suicide. Because it's so common, I thought it was routine to put inmates on suicide watch in these sorts of situation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Serial_killers_who_committed_suicide_in_prison_custody

What would happen if he ends up in a state of limbo, like a persistent vegetative state?

Wouldn't his family unplug him?

He's in a medically induced coma and on life support.

I didn't expect this turn at all and I think the prision failled the justice sistem. Isn't it common sense that anyone in his condition had to be watched permanently just to avoid any suicide attempt? I think it is a big fail and I believe someone didn't do their job right and has to be held accountable for it. Anyway during all the days in prision since the crimes he was interrogated and the police must have answers by now. If he dies it's a fail and he will die as an innocent man as he wasn't tried :tantrum:

I know that some serial killers who were definitely guilty committed suicide when they were arrested. Fred West comes to mind. It doesn't necessarily mean that someone is innocent, mentally ill or remorseful IMO. Just means that they would rather be dead than in prison for the rest of their life.
ETA the following is a list only of those who successfully committed suicide, but many more have attempted suicide. Because it's so common, I thought it was routine to put inmates on suicide watch in these sorts of situation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Serial_killers_who_committed_suicide_in_prison_custody

Of course it should be normal procedure to be watched. Notice that not many have committed suicide in this phase of prision time. He was there only for a week. These were crucial times to have him always supervised!

It infuriates me to think he's put himself in a situation where he won't have to face up to what he's done. Whether he dies or is brain-damaged, he won't have to deal with the consequences of his actions. The only way he will is if he makes a full recovery, which I am pessimistic about.

I don't think this crime was sexually motivated. Meaning, I don't think he was a pedophile. I could be completely wrong, but my STRONG gut feeling is that this was the result of something else.

I agree with you Kittymama, I don't believe either that he was a paedophile. Sounds more like he wanted serious revenge against someone. Obviously that would be Terry, CD or both. What could either person do so wrong to DS that he would even consider murder? That's a pretty deep consideration when one could be faced with prison time for a very long time. Then there's the other possibility; someone put him up to it. MOO.

I agree with you Kittymama, I don't believe either that he was a paedophile. Sounds more like he wanted serious revenge against someone. Obviously that would be Terry, CD or both. What could either person do so wrong to DS that he would even consider murder? That's a pretty deep consideration when one could be faced with prison time for a very long time. Then there's the other possibility; someone put him up to it. MOO.

Well he was due in court last Tuesday, Sept 15th (right after murder)....he was going to court because he was caught in a B&E. How was he caught?? Who caught him??

As for being put up to it - I also have my own theory on that.

I'm with you in thinking that someone else orchestrated this for a very specific reason, although we may not agree on the reason. I think the trail could lead very close to home. There could be a SK who has been in the area for quite some time, but I think this would be someone very cunning and powerful in order to stay hidden for a long time.

On the other hand, this could be revenge for some reason, perceived or real, as in someone thinking TB did something, whether it happened or not. Look at the court appearance coming up. Maybe DS blamed others for ratting him out. Maybe he owed a debt to someone powerful.

There are enough drug busts in the area, including one in Cranbrook, to know that some sketchy characters pass through.

Some sketchy characters look respectable on the outside, like that wolf.

Two possibilities. Could be a SK who frequently travels through the area (and you know I just can't get past that a native woman shows up dead in a reservoir not that far away a day before Terry's murder and Hailey's abduction) and at some point in time signed DS up to some sort of private cult, of course with a hand full of cash, then came back and called in the debt. That would be a debt to someone DS might view as being powerful. DS does not strike me as being a pedophile, so for what other reason would he take Hailey to that location? Would there be another reason if not for someone else? One way or another DS was being charged with both Terry and Hailey's murders and apparently he took the fall which also appears to have been premeditate; but just because he knew where Hailey's body was doesn't mean he murdered her too. MOO.

The other possibility may in fact be very close to home. I wonder who's home?? Imo, Perhaps the wolf is a she wolf in sheep's clothing?

Two possibilities. Could be a SK who frequently travels through the area (and you know I just can't get past that a native woman shows up dead in a reservoir not that far away a day before Terry's murder and Hailey's abduction) and at some point in time signed DS up to some sort of private cult, of course with a hand full of cash, then came back and called in the debt. That would be a debt to someone DS might view as being powerful. DS does not strike me as being a pedophile, so for what other reason would he take Hailey to that location? Would there be another reason if not for someone else? One way or another DS was being charged with both Terry and Hailey's murders and apparently he took the fall which also appears to have been premeditate; but just because he knew where Hailey's body was doesn't mean he murdered her too. MOO.

The other possibility may in fact be very close to home. I wonder who's home?? Imo, Perhaps the wolf is a she wolf in sheep's clothing?

It sounds like you are writing a movie. Fantasy. A serial killer enlisted DS in a cult and convinced him to Do this?

Umm... Okay...

And you say DS does not strike you as a pedophile? Do you KNOW DS to be able to make that judgement?

There seems to be a few people still lingering here waging a campaign against CD. As cryptic as you may think you're being, I personally think it's kind of sick to still be insinuating that she is involved. It is over a week later when no one else has been arrested or even connected to this crime.

Why on earth would DS try to kill himself if he acted with an accomplice? Surely a plea deal would have been struck if that were the case.

Wow.....this was a quick turn of events. I pulled off this thread last week after the arrest, and figured we might learn a little bit more during his first appearance in court on the 23rd.

It sounds as though the other inmates must have been working on his head to me. Yeah, the jailers may have had him in his own cell, but sound travels, especially the way jails are constructed. There's usually so much steel and flat surfaces present, sound swirls around the corridors like an echo chamber.

I can just imagine what the other inmates have been yelling towards this guy since he was locked up.
If you think his family has been getting death threats, you should hear the threats Saretzky's been getting. 24 hours a day, for a week now.

It's a little hard to be sympathetic towards his condition, I'd be happy if he could simply explain his motive in this attack and what the hell he was thinking when he did it. After that, he's free to check into the afterlife any time he feels so inclined.

Hmmm, a couple of pages back people were complaining there was no death penalty, now we're complaining that the guy is almost dead. Remember, this guy already has an attorney, so he wasn't going to tell LE anything new anyway. He likely wouldn't have said a word in court either, so those of you lamenting that we won't get any answers if he dies, we wouldn't have got them anyway. The answers will come from evidence and the statement DS already gave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, a couple of pages back people were complaining there was no death penalty, now we're complaining that the guy is almost dead. Remember, this guy already has an attorney, so he wasn't going to tell LE anything new anyway. He likely wouldn't have said a word in court either, so those of you lamenting that we won't get any answers if he dies, we wouldn't have got them anyway. The answers will come from evidence and the statement DS already gave.

Not the same is it though? He's not had to face up to the consequences of his alledged crime, look the family of his victims in the face etc

How do you know he won't say anymore? Plenty have spilt the beans at the last minute.

Not the same is it though? He's not had to face up to the consequences of his alledged crime, look the family of his victims in the face etc

How do you know he won't say anymore? Plenty have spilt the beans at the last minute.

At the end of the day I know he's guilty. If he's also dead, all the better. As for the family, do they really want to know the gory details of the last hours of that little girls life? Do they want to live the rest of their life knowing that DS is alive in a prison somewhere, getting three meals a day, watching movies, reading books, applying for parole, etc.?

If he dies, we'll all be better off.

Wow.....this was a quick turn of events. I pulled off this thread last week after the arrest, and figured we might learn a little bit more during his first appearance in court on the 23rd.

It sounds as though the other inmates must have been working on his head to me. Yeah, the jailers may have had him in his own cell, but sound travels, especially the way jails are constructed. There's usually so much steel and flat surfaces present, sound swirls around the corridors like an echo chamber.

I can just imagine what the other inmates have been yelling towards this guy since he was locked up.
If you think his family has been getting death threats, you should hear the threats Saretzky's been getting. 24 hours a day, for a week now.

It's a little hard to be sympathetic towards his condition, I'd be happy if he could simply explain his motive in this attack and what the hell he was thinking when he did it. After that, he's free to check into the afterlife any time he feels so inclined.

I'm not at all sympathetic towards his condition, but my heart kind of aches for his family. Obviously for Terry and Hailey's families as well but DS's family has the added grief and shame of what he's been accused of doing. I can't even imagine what that must be like for them, and now with his attempted suicide? UGH. It's like he just keeps hurting people, even locked up.

I'm pro-DP 100% but him checking out this way certainly doesn't "feel" like justice for the families he tore apart. Not that anything can bring them back, but him taking matters into his own hands and being his own judge, jury and executioner cheats the whole process. On the one hand, maybe that's not such a bad deal (it's over quicker and the path to healing can start sooner without a lengthy court process). On the other hand, it's an added blow to his own family.

I do agree though that the answers will come from the evidence already collected. Except for the "why". Although even if he told LE why, it wouldn't really help, since there's never an answer good enough to explain why someone could do what he's been accused of doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali