Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe this happened, in a medically induced coma? He tried to kill himself, has reality sunk in DS? You could have done that instead of killing Terry and Hailey, no getting out easy now mate, time to pull through and face the consequences.

Sources outside the Lethbridge hospital where he is now being held say the situation was 'horrific' and he is heavily medicated in the ICU.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/derek-saretzky-remains-in-hospital-1.2578587

Published Thursday, September 24, 2015 5:08AM MDT
Last Updated Thursday, September 24, 2015 5:11AM MDT

"The 22-year-old was found at the Lethbridge Correctional Centre on Wednesday morning in medical distress, but it's not clear whether he was attacked or he had harmed himself, officials say."

Is this the latest article? Because now I'm confused

Not the outcome that is needed for closure, unless DS has made a full disclosure to the police.

DS's suicide attempt really leads me to believe that DS is severely mentally impaired, maybe schizophrenic with delusional psychosis

The grace and dignity that these families have shown is amazing, may they all find peace.

I don't think that DS was around any other prisoners, way too dangerous for him, he would have been in a private cell had private showers and private meals. He would most definitely be in protective custody.

I am surprised DS was not on suicide watch

Can you pls provide a link that states he's in a medically-induced coma? I myself have not read this in any MSM article, just that he tried to commit suicide and was taken to hospital. Thx.

Published Thursday, September 24, 2015 5:08AM MDT
Last Updated Thursday, September 24, 2015 5:11AM MDT

"The 22-year-old was found at the Lethbridge Correctional Centre on Wednesday morning in medical distress, but it's not clear whether he was attacked or he had harmed himself, officials say."

Is this the latest article? Because now I'm confused

Let's hope it was he was attacked.

Let's hope it was he was attacked.

Why? What difference would it make? His insanity plea? IMO, it will still hold whether or not he attempted suicide or was attacked. Either way, if he dies, there goes Justice. I'm furious!

Dang it! Just finding out about the suicide attempt. I want to say that he shouldn't get to take the easy way out and should have to face every consequence coming to him. Of course he is mentally ill. Anyone who commits the crimes he is accused of must be. The victim's families are blowing me away with their grace and mercy towards to the accused family. Bless them.

Dang it! Just finding out about the suicide attempt. I want to say that he shouldn't get to take the easy way out and should have to face every consequence coming to him. Of course he is mentally ill. Anyone who commits the crimes he is accused of must be. The victim's families are blowing me away with their grace and mercy towards to the accused family. Bless them.

If they prove this was premeditated kidnapping & murder......his insanity plea goes out the window........

If he lives or dies, it is of no consequence to me but is of consequence to the families involved. I would feel tortured to have my loved one murdered but to never know why. Insanity or drugs, at the end of the day these two people are still dead but to have an answer will be comforting I am sure. If he was in collusion with someone else and conspired to murder, then I would want justice to be served upon the other responsible people.

Sounds like he had plenty of time to harm or be harmed.

If they prove this was premeditated kidnapping & murder......his insanity plea goes out the window........

Not necessarily. People who are delusional can plan crimes over a long period of time, attempt to hide from authorities afterwards and still be found not guilty by reason of insanity. I posted some cases where that happened when we were discussing the Luka Magnotta trial, I'll see if I can dig them up. There was one guy who thought his child had been replaced by a mannequin by the government, and planned to kill him, then killed and dismembered him and was found not guilty.

I believe that DS deserves to live the rest of his days locked in a mental institution for the criminally insane, he should never be allowed out. Even if in 20 years they get him stabilized he still should never be allowed in society again

Not necessarily. People who are delusional can plan crimes over a long period of time, attempt to hide from authorities afterwards and still be found not guilty by reason of insanity. I posted some cases where that happened when we were discussing the Luka Magnotta trial, I'll see if I can dig them up. There was one guy who thought his child had been replaced by a mannequin by the government, and planned to kill him, then killed and dismembered him and was found not guilty.

Luka Magnotta was found guilty despite the defense's claim he suffered from schizophrenia. Turcotte, (the doctor who killed his 2 children was found not criminally responsible and was sent to a mental institution and was freed but he is now being retried.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...-degree-murder-in-jun-lin-s-slaying-1.2875989

http://globalnews.ca/news/2234337/jurors-to-be-selected-in-first-degree-murder-case-of-guy-turcotte/

I believe that DS deserves to live the rest of his days locked in a mental institution for the criminally insane, he should never be allowed out. Even if in 20 years they get him stabilized he still should never be allowed in society again

Disagree. He should be in prison for the rest of his life and get what he deserves for murdering this beautiful little girl and her daddy.

hailey-dunbar-blanchette.jpg

Luka Magnotta was found guilty despite the defense's claim he suffered from schizophrenia. Turcotte, (the doctor who killed his 2 children was found not criminally responsible and was sent to a mental institution and was freed but he is now being retried.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...-degree-murder-in-jun-lin-s-slaying-1.2875989

http://globalnews.ca/news/2234337/jurors-to-be-selected-in-first-degree-murder-case-of-guy-turcotte/

Jeremiah Wright thought that his son had been replaced by a CPR dummy. He threatened to kill the child when he was just a baby, because he had disabilities and he wanted to stop his suffering. Finally when the boy was 8 years old he was tired of looking after him, so he cut his head off and left it in the road for the child's mother to see. He dismembered the body and left it in trash bags by the bins. He told police that when he cut up the boy he was full of foam, with a plastic skull. Even when medicated, he continued to hold this fixed delusion that the child was not real.

From his first interviews with arresting officers – called to the scene after a passerby spotted Jori’s head alongside West Seventh Street in Thibodaux – Wright maintained that Jori was an inanimate object. The specifics changed – ranging from a robot to a CPR dummy – but the overarching delusion that Jori was “a prop” remained consistent, Deland testified.
Further, Wright repeatedly told inquirers he believed he had to kill his son in order to break free of the social experiment. Wright believed he had a chip in his head and told doctors of a running commentary only he could hear in which external people were talking about him, musings that started friendly but devolved into castigation, Deland said.
“He believes all of us are a part of (the experiment),” Deland told the court, “still, to this day.”
George Seiden, retained by the state, agreed with Deland’s testimony.

http://www.houmatimes.com/mobile/news/lafourche/article_da7ee080-95c5-11e3-ae7e-0019bb2963f4.html

John Hinkley Jr was found not guilty by reason of insanity even though he planned to kill Ronald Reagan to impress Jodie Foster.

Glen Race who killed killed two people a week apart because he thought they were vampires, covered his tracks and then fled to Mexico. He was found NCR due to paranoid schizophrenia. The judge said that Glen Race was a victim too - a victim of schizophrenia.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ponsible-in-2-halifax-deaths/article16498725/

I want to point out the dignity the family members of the murdered are showing. Unfortunately, I am a family member of a depraved murderer and I still find I cannot be as gracious and kind as this family is. I am in awe of their ability to separate the family from DS; I am still not able to.

View attachment 82033

The explanation for this family's amazing grace may in part be explained here:

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/cal...-saretzky-hospital-medical-distress-1.3241194

Many area families are interconnected through marriage. Some have long roots in the area. Previous tragedies are ties that bind. Some have tremendous faith, whether or not they are religious. This why people stay in the community through all its ups and downs, and especially through the down cycles. People support each other.

You are no less for not being like this family. Every situation is different. Comparing different situations and different grief is an exercise in futility. Some things just are what they are.

Jeremiah Wright thought that his son had been replaced by a CPR dummy. He threatened to kill the child when he was just a baby, because he had disabilities and he wanted to stop his suffering. Finally when the boy was 8 years old he was tired of looking after him, so he cut his head off and left it in the road for the child's mother to see. He dismembered the body and left it in trash bags by the bins. He told police that when he cut up the boy he was full of foam, with a plastic skull. Even when medicated, he continued to hold this fixed delusion that the child was not real.

http://www.houmatimes.com/mobile/news/lafourche/article_da7ee080-95c5-11e3-ae7e-0019bb2963f4.html

John Hinkley Jr was found not guilty by reason of insanity even though he planned to kill Ronald Reagan to impress Jodie Foster.

Glen Race who killed killed two people a week apart because he thought they were vampires, covered his tracks and then fled to Mexico. He was found NCR due to paranoid schizophrenia. The judge said that Glen Race was a victim too - a victim of schizophrenia.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ponsible-in-2-halifax-deaths/article16498725/

I didn't follow these cases. Did they go to trial or did the Judge decide?

I think that a lot of people really have no idea what it means to get an "insane" or NCR judgement. It has absolutely nothing to do with how bizarre the crime was or how "off" the accused may seem. It has to be proven that the person could simply not distinguish between right and wrong at the time of the crime. Obviously its more technical than that, but that is the gist of it.

I'm really wondering if this was a sex crime? Did DS kill Terry whilst abducting Hailey for purposes of a sex assault? Did he use that windowless van in that secluded location for privacy during the attack? Did he burn the body to hide the evidence of the sexual assault? And, was the pedophile that Terry referred to on FB in fact DS?

Thoughts?

I'm really wondering if this was a sex crime? Did DS kill Terry whilst abducting Hailey for purposes of a sex assault? Did he use that windowless van in that secluded location for privacy during the attack? Did he burn the body to hide the evidence of the sexual assault? And, was the pedophile that Terry referred to on FB in fact DS?

Thoughts?

It is MY OPINION that the FB post from TB you are referring to is actually directed to different individual - not DS. This is of course MOO and is solely based on the timing of that FB post in relation to other FB posts......so not much to go by, that's why it's just thought/opinion.
TB's FB post is just very intriguing in this case as there is much speculation that HDB was the target.

All speculations, thoughts and opinions of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor