GUILTY Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Today was my only day. I was pretty sure they were done the gruesome testimony and felt safe going today. I wanted to see him, see Cheyenne and see the jurors. I wanted to go there for Hailey, her daddy and Hanne. I'm glad I went. :)

Wow. Must have been interesting. I have no questions for you. Just wanted to say, I was looking back at posts from the beginning of the trial just this morning. There was one from you that said you wouldn't be attending the trial and that you moved there the day Hailey was reported missing. You've been twice now, IIRC. What made you change your mind?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Did Derek speak with his lawyers during any of the testimony today?

what did you think of Hailey's mother? Did she get emotional when testifying?

This should not have been reported on.
Actually, now that I look back, only one reporter the length of time, others said "a period of time".

Meghan Grant‏Verified account @CBCMeg 11m11 minutes ago
On Sept. 17, 2015 Derek #Saretzky shown photo of Meketech crime scene. He stared at it for a period of time

Kevin Martin‏Verified account @KMartinCourts 11m11 minutes ago
"He stared at it for a period of time," Papadatou says of #Saretzky viewing crime scene photo.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

My thoughts on Derek. It was so hard to see him for the first time. At first, I thought maybe he had a personality disorder. That didn't last long. Best way to describe is he's an obnoxious pr**k. He had better places to be, and it was a waste of his time. He is well built, I was expecting tall and thin. He had a mustache and beard, dressed in a dress shirt and dress pants. He looked straight ahead the entire time. The jury didn't make eye contact with him. The sheriff had to wave him to stand up every time we needed to stand.

My thoughts on Derek. It was so hard to see him for the first time. At first, I thought maybe he had a personality disorder. That didn't last long. Best way to describe is he's an obnoxious pr**k. He had better places to be, and it was a waste of his time. He is well built, I was expecting tall and thin. He had a mustache and beard, dressed in a dress shirt and dress pants. He looked straight ahead the entire time. The jury didn't make eye contact with him. The sheriff had to wave him to stand up every time we needed to stand.

Did he seem medicated? To me, whenever I see his photos of him that were released at the time of his arrest, he reminds me of a stoner or that drunk/stoner meme guy.

No, not at all. He sat there like a statue.

Did he seem medicated? To me, whenever I see his photos of him that were released at the time of his arrest, he reminds me of a stoner or that drunk/stoner meme guy.

What was not suppose to be reported on? It sounded like the question (involving a second interview and showing a photo to Derek) was asked, Crown objected, jury left, Crown conceded, jury returned, he was asked about the photo. I didn't see any tweets that reported on what was said while the jury was out. Was it only the length of time he looked at it?

Wondering about a few people who were not called as witnesses...

Uncle who reported the van had been moved. There was mention of km's recorded when he had last used the van. There was also mention of DS using the vehicle unauthorized in the past. There was also the video of them retracing the drive. I did not see any mention of tying these points together. When did DS use it in the past? Who else had access? Why didn't they show the video of the van passing? Was this the only place that had video footage in Blairmore? Same with video at gas station in Coleman. How detailed was it? What was the mileage when they seized the van? No other video footage?

Cousin who found the remains at the campsite.

Psychiatrist who assessed DS.

DS mother who may have been able to provide a timeline of when he was/wasn't there, whether she had a vehicle, his behavior around this time etc.

Also a few other questions I've had...

Did they photograph DS's hands when he was arrested? No mention of swabs taken either. Didn't hear any questions from experts regarding the cut marks. Did they take a blood sample from him to see if he had any drugs in his system? Had he shaved his head recently?

He had a cellphone... did they trace it's location? Look at call/texts records?

What was his shoe size? Do boots match? Any shoe impressions at HM scene? TB scene? alley? Foot size comparison in the van to DS?

I have a feeling that any info found on his phone or computer was thrown out. I also think there will be a lot of info that the jury was not allowed to hear that will be released after this trial is over. JMO

Are you kidding me????? There was another interview with Saretzky that has not been submitted as evidence???

The Crown is not required to use all evidence gathered when forming their narrative and presenting their case to the jury. Just what they consider to be "relevant" evidence. If that interview did not produce any results, then I suppose they do not consider it relevant. As long as the defence has received all evidence in discovery, it is up to them to choose to present a case using any of the discovery evidence provided, including anything that the Crown chooses not to present. Perhaps that's what the objection was about. The defence is getting information in during cross on evidence that was not presented. They were doing this without having to present a case of their own for it. I think the objection should have been sustained.

MOO

Wondering about a few people who were not called as witnesses...

Uncle who reported the van had been moved. There was mention of km's recorded when he had last used the van. There was also mention of DS using the vehicle unauthorized in the past. There was also the video of them retracing the drive. I did not see any mention of tying these points together. When did DS use it in the past? Who else had access? Why didn't they show the video of the van passing? Was this the only place that had video footage in Blairmore? Same with video at gas station in Coleman. How detailed was it? What was the mileage when they seized the van? No other video footage?

Cousin who found the remains at the campsite.

Psychiatrist who assessed DS.

DS mother who may have been able to provide a timeline of when he was/wasn't there, whether she had a vehicle, his behavior around this time etc.

Also a few other questions I've had...

Did they photograph DS's hands when he was arrested? No mention of swabs taken either. Didn't hear any questions from experts regarding the cut marks. Did they take a blood sample from him to see if he had any drugs in his system? Had he shaved his head recently?

He had a cellphone... did they trace it's location? Look at call/texts records?

What was his shoe size? Do boots match? Any shoe impressions at HM scene? TB scene? alley? Foot size comparison in the van to DS?

Was any of this covered in the agreed SOF?

Do we know if the Crown was permitted to get a psychiatric assessment of DS? Other than the one that was necessary to deem his fitness for trial? I would think that the only way this could happen would be if they knew prior to trial that he was going to claim NCR and use his own assessments by defence experts. Then they could request that they be able to use their own experts to assess him. At least that is the way it was done in the Luka Magnotta case. I can only assume that the defence is not going to present this kind of evidence. And if they do, I would think that the Crown would be given the chance to respond to it, even though in Canada they do not usually have a chance to rebut evidence. Isn't that why we have preliminary hearings? So that there are no surprises at trial?

I find this case very similar to the Douglas Garland case. I do not believe there were any psychiatric assessments of him brought into that trial either. Just the information that he was seeing a psychiatrist once a week.

MOO

What was not suppose to be reported on? It sounded like the question (involving a second interview and showing a photo to Derek) was asked, Crown objected, jury left, Crown conceded, jury returned, he was asked about the photo. I didn't see any tweets that reported on what was said while the jury was out. Was it only the length of time he looked at it?

Yes, I think our poster who was in the courtroom indicated that the length of time was not mentioned in front of the jury but it made it to the tweets. Now this appears more favourable to the defence so I don't think much, if anything, will be made about it.

MOO

Today was my only day. I was pretty sure they were done the gruesome testimony and felt safe going today. I wanted to see him, see Cheyenne and see the jurors. I wanted to go there for Hailey, her daddy and Hanne. I'm glad I went. :)

Thank you for going and standing witness for those of us who could not. I hope the victim's families know how much the public stands behind them in hoping and praying for justice for their loved ones.

I wanted to tell them about our support, but just couldn't.

Thank you for going and standing witness for those of us who could not. I hope the victim's families know how much the public stands behind them in hoping and praying for justice for their loved ones.

Any theories on how this happened?
Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 1m1 minute ago
Fitzpatrick says he noticed a large blood stain outside the back of Terry's home on new asphalt. Says priority was to find Hailey. #Saretzky
https://twitter.com/CTVKaellaCarr

Any theories on how this happened?
Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 1m1 minute ago
Fitzpatrick says he noticed a large blood stain outside the back of Terry's home on new asphalt. Says priority was to find Hailey. #Saretzky
https://twitter.com/CTVKaellaCarr

This is where DS may have stripped off "over clothes" that were saturated in TB's blood before placing them in the back of the cleaning van?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smcox01
Back