GUILTY Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Referring to the note found in DS apartment my thought is
Chy
Terri
=
Chyannes Terry
And that's why it's crossed out. I don't think she was a target.

I know the tweets are not here but I'm watching them on my phone. Derek admitted he did something bad. He used latex gloves. There was premeditation. Mental illness or not...it appears he planned the murders, tried to conceal that it was him by using latex gloves, and knew "he had done something bad" proving knowledge of right and wrong.

If I'm a Juror, I'm now questioning the "mental illness angle" that I was so sure of in the beginning.

I'm still thinking that mental illness is a component of this but I may not be able to find him NCR.

MOO

I know the tweets are not here but I'm watching them on my phone. Derek admitted he did something bad. He used latex gloves. There was premeditation. Mental illness or not...it appears he planned the murders, tried to conceal that it was him by using latex gloves, and knew "he had done something bad" proving knowledge of right and wrong.

If I'm a Juror, I'm now questioning the "mental illness angle" that I was so sure of in the beginning.

I'm still thinking that mental illness is a component of this but I may not be able to find him NCR.

MOO

Agreed. He tried to cover his tracks, which means he knew it was wrong/illegal/criminal. That blows NCR out of the water imo.

Kevin Martin‏Verified account @KMartinCourts 2h2 hours ago
Lunch break over. Jury back in for afternoon session of Derek #Saretzky triple-murder trial.

Cpl. Neri tells defence lawyer Patrick Edgerton he didn't count the cash found at Hanne Meketech's home. #Saretzky

Neri done, next witness is Const. Roland Babinec. #Saretzky

Const. Babinec is an RCMP member who was in the Crowsnest Pass detachment at the time. (Now with the musical ride). #Saretzky

Babinec was exhibit custodian during search of #Saretzky's Blairmore apartment.

Among the exhibits seized by Const. Babinec were a pair of brown boots found at #Saretzky's home.

Boots now being showing to jurors. Bloodstain pattern expert earlier said blood found inside and outside boots. #Saretzky

Babinec also seized a series of DNA swabs taken from white van belonging to #Saretzky family cleaners.

[video=twitter;875080208965029888]https://twitter.com/KMartinCourts/status/875080208965029888[/video]

https://twitter.com/KMartinCourts?lang=en

Kevin Martin‏Verified account @KMartinCourts 2h2 hours ago
Crown prosecutor Michael Fox asks Justice Tilleman for a 10-minute break, Court adjourns. #Saretzky

Short break over. Jury coming back in. #Saretzky

Babinec seized DNA swabs from Blanchette home including from Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette's bedroom. #Saretzky

Babinec also seized DNA swabs from main floor of Blanchette's home, including from bedding in his bedroom. #Saretzky

No cross-examination of Const. Roland Babinec. Crown's next witness is Sgt. Steven Browne. #Saretzky

Sorry, Stephen Browne. #Saretzky

In September, 2015, Browne was the sergeant in charge of a major crimes scene. #Saretzky

Browne and his team responded Sept. 9, to Crowsnest Pass after discovery of Hanne Meketech's body. #Saretzky

Browne went to scene of Meketech's death after scene was processed by forensics. #Saretzky

Browne was investigating the Meketech murder when he got word of another homicide in Blairmore. #Saretzky

"I didn't expect to walk into what I walked into," Browne says of arriving at scene of Terry Blanchette's murder. #Saretzky

Browne did thorough search of Blanchette's home after learning his two-year-old daughter Hailey was missing. #Saretzky

An Amber Alert was sent out soon after Browne discovered Hailey was missing. #Saretzky

Browne's team remained in charge of the Meketech investigation while another major crimes team was called in to handle Blanchette case.

Second major crimes team arrived within an hour, Browne says. #Saretzky

Browne and other RCMP members did search of Derek #Saretzky's apartment in a desperate attempt to find Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette.

First search of #Saretzky's apartment was done without a warrant as police were hoping to find Hailey.

Browne and other officers spoke to Derek #Saretzky after search for Hailey. "He said her body was in his sperm cell."

"She said she's in Heaven, her spirit is floating around," Browne quoted #Saretzky telling police.

Police had meeting to determine if there were any similarities between the Meketech and Blanchette homicides, Browne says. #Saretzky

Hold back evidence in Meketech case involved the number of injuries she suffered and what they were, says Browne. #Saretzky

"Both (homicides) had blunt force trauma and both had stab wounds," Browne says of killings of Meketech and Blanchette. #Saretzky

Derek #Saretzky became a suspect in Meketech's death when police discovered note with her name and Blanchette's name crossed off.

#Saretzyky wasn't charged with Hanne Meketech's murder until April, 2016, after he gave a statement to police a month earlier.

#Saretzky trial on another break. Back in 15 minutes.

[video=twitter;875095056016842752]https://twitter.com/KMartinCourts/status/875095056016842752[/video]

Jury coming back in now. #Saretzky

Only other suspect in Hanne Meketech's death, Kenneth Lowe, was eliminated after he allowed a search of his tent. #Saretzky

No DNA other than Meketech's found in her home, says Browne. #Saretzky

Sgt. Browne done. Court done for the day. Tomorrow Crown may get into what it says are #Saretzky confessions.

[video=twitter;875089751665242112]https://twitter.com/CTVKaellaCarr/status/875089751665242112[/video]

[video=twitter;875089751665242112]https://twitter.com/CTVKaellaCarr/status/875089751665242112[/video]
Just looked at her Tweets - the other ones we've been following sure leave out a lot of important info. I'm not too impressed by the quality of reporting from the courtroom in this case. MOO.

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 3h3 hours ago
The lunch break is over and the Derek Saretzky triple murder trial is about to resume. #Saretzky

Cpl. Neri is done on the stand for the day. Witness #3 is next... another RCMP officer. #Saretzky

Judge says jury has 2 questions: 1) Where was clothing seized with blood of Male 1 on? 2) Who is Male 1? #Saretzky

Crown says Male 1 was later identified as DNA profile matching Derek Saretzky. His blood found on clothing seized. #Saretzky

Crown says next witness will address where clothing was seized from with Derek Saretzky's blood on. #Saretzky

Cst. Roland Babinec is the next witness. He has been with the RCMP for five years. He seized items from Saretzky's apartment. #Saretzky

Crown taking Cst. Babinec through photos of items seized in Saretzky's apartment. #Saretzky

Cst Babinec showing court brown cowboy boots he seized from Saretzky's apartment. We've heard evidence they had blood on them. #Saretzky

Cst. Babinec also took DNA swabs from van's steering wheel, floor of driver's side and rear passenger side door on Sept 15, 2015. #Saretzky

Cst. Babinec says he took several swabs from Terry Blanchette's home. Several from inside Hailey and Terry's bedrooms. #Saretzky

Cst. Babinec is done on the stand. Sgt. Brown is the next witness for the Crown. #Saretzky

Sgt. Stephen Browne (spelling correction on last name) is the fourth witness of the day. #Saretzky

Sgt. Browne was the team commander on the Hanne Meketech murder investigation. #Saretzky

Browne went to the scene after forensics had processed it. He was later called to a suspicious death at Terry Blanchette's house. #Saretzky

Browne among 1st officers at Blanchette house. He went inside & observed blood staining in living room & Terry's body in bathroom #Saretzky

"I didn't expect to walk into what I walked into." Browne recounting what he found in the Blanchette home that day. #Saretzky

"It was obvious this was a homicide." Browne getting emotional on the stand now talking about when he realized Hailey was missing #Saretzky

Browne sent out a priority dispatch to the RCMP b/c he knew this was a homicide and knew they needed to get Amber Alert issued. #Saretzky

Browne says there was 2 teams; one investigating Meketech murder and the other Blanchette's but the priority was finding Hailey. #Saretzky

Browne says he searched Saretzky's apartment on September 15th to look for Hailey. #Saretzky

Browne on searching Derek's apartment "I saw some blood staining on living room floor and smearing on the wall near stairs." #Saretzky

Browne says Larry said "Derek just arrived & is visibly upset. He said he had done something bad. The devil was talking to him." #Saretzky

Larry is Derek Saretzky's father. #Saretzky

Browne says Larry and Derek had a conversation while they waited. #Saretzky

Browne says both were visibly upset following their conversation. Larry testified yesterday Derek told him Hailey "was in heaven" #Saretzky

Browne told Derek "if she's alive we need to help here. I was pleading with him. He said we had just seen her she's in heaven." #Saretzky

Browne says Derek then said "Her spirit is floating around. He said she wasn't alive. Her body was in his sperm cells." #Saretzky

Browne says he walked away from Derek and then told a fellow officer to arrest him. #Saretzky

Sgt. Brown says the two investigating teams meet to discuss any similarities between Meketech and Blanchette scenes. #Saretzky

Browne says there were similarities between Hanne & Terry's deaths. Both attacked in bedrooms, blunt force trauma and stabbed #Saretzky

Browne says a list found in Saretzky's apartment containing Hanne and Terry's names also tied two cases together. #Saretzky

Sgt. Browne says they did look at another suspect in Meketech's death but they were dismissed because of evidence. #Saretzky

Browne says Saretzky told officers he used noise of a train passing during Hanne Meketech murder. #Saretzky

4 witnesses scheduled for tmrw including the Mountie who took what crown says is Saretzky's confession statement. #Saretzky

Court is done for today. Will resume tomorrow morning at 9:30am.#Saretzky

https://twitter.com/CTVKaellaCarr?lang=en

Just looked at her Tweets - the other ones we've been following sure leave out a lot of important info. I'm not too impressed by the quality of reporting from the courtroom in this case. MOO.

Well it's usually much better when we can pick and choose relevant tweets from each reporter in real time to get the most information posted. But with this new policy of posting the links to the twitter accounts after each post, that makes it too difficult to do. So we'll have to stick to a couple of reporters I guess? I just posted all of Kaella Carr's tweets.

And thanks ILoveDateline for picking up the morning tweets. :tyou:

Kaella Carr‏Verified account @CTVKaellaCarr 3h3 hours ago
The lunch break is over and the Derek Saretzky triple murder trial is about to resume. #Saretzky

Cpl. Neri is done on the stand for the day. Witness #3 is next... another RCMP officer. #Saretzky

Judge says jury has 2 questions: 1) Where was clothing seized with blood of Male 1 on? 2) Who is Male 1? #Saretzky

Crown says Male 1 was later identified as DNA profile matching Derek Saretzky. His blood found on clothing seized. #Saretzky

Crown says next witness will address where clothing was seized from with Derek Saretzky's blood on. #Saretzky

Cst. Roland Babinec is the next witness. He has been with the RCMP for five years. He seized items from Saretzky's apartment. #Saretzky

Crown taking Cst. Babinec through photos of items seized in Saretzky's apartment. #Saretzky

Cst Babinec showing court brown cowboy boots he seized from Saretzky's apartment. We've heard evidence they had blood on them. #Saretzky

Cst. Babinec also took DNA swabs from van's steering wheel, floor of driver's side and rear passenger side door on Sept 15, 2015. #Saretzky

Cst. Babinec says he took several swabs from Terry Blanchette's home. Several from inside Hailey and Terry's bedrooms. #Saretzky

Cst. Babinec is done on the stand. Sgt. Brown is the next witness for the Crown. #Saretzky

Sgt. Stephen Browne (spelling correction on last name) is the fourth witness of the day. #Saretzky

Sgt. Browne was the team commander on the Hanne Meketech murder investigation. #Saretzky

Browne went to the scene after forensics had processed it. He was later called to a suspicious death at Terry Blanchette's house. #Saretzky

Browne among 1st officers at Blanchette house. He went inside & observed blood staining in living room & Terry's body in bathroom #Saretzky

"I didn't expect to walk into what I walked into." Browne recounting what he found in the Blanchette home that day. #Saretzky

"It was obvious this was a homicide." Browne getting emotional on the stand now talking about when he realized Hailey was missing #Saretzky

Browne sent out a priority dispatch to the RCMP b/c he knew this was a homicide and knew they needed to get Amber Alert issued. #Saretzky

Browne says there was 2 teams; one investigating Meketech murder and the other Blanchette's but the priority was finding Hailey. #Saretzky

Browne says he searched Saretzky's apartment on September 15th to look for Hailey. #Saretzky

Browne on searching Derek's apartment "I saw some blood staining on living room floor and smearing on the wall near stairs." #Saretzky

Browne says Larry said "Derek just arrived & is visibly upset. He said he had done something bad. The devil was talking to him." #Saretzky

Larry is Derek Saretzky's father. #Saretzky

Browne says Larry and Derek had a conversation while they waited. #Saretzky

Browne says both were visibly upset following their conversation. Larry testified yesterday Derek told him Hailey "was in heaven" #Saretzky

Browne told Derek "if she's alive we need to help here. I was pleading with him. He said we had just seen her she's in heaven." #Saretzky

Browne says Derek then said "Her spirit is floating around. He said she wasn't alive. Her body was in his sperm cells." #Saretzky

Browne says he walked away from Derek and then told a fellow officer to arrest him. #Saretzky

Sgt. Brown says the two investigating teams meet to discuss any similarities between Meketech and Blanchette scenes. #Saretzky

Browne says there were similarities between Hanne & Terry's deaths. Both attacked in bedrooms, blunt force trauma and stabbed #Saretzky

Browne says a list found in Saretzky's apartment containing Hanne and Terry's names also tied two cases together. #Saretzky

Sgt. Browne says they did look at another suspect in Meketech's death but they were dismissed because of evidence. #Saretzky

Browne says Saretzky told officers he used noise of a train passing during Hanne Meketech murder. #Saretzky

4 witnesses scheduled for tmrw including the Mountie who took what crown says is Saretzky's confession statement. #Saretzky

Court is done for today. Will resume tomorrow morning at 9:30am.#Saretzky

https://twitter.com/CTVKaellaCarr?lang=en

"He said, WE had just seen her she's in heaven. WE!!

"The devil[ was talking to him". There it is.

I can't bring myself to type his other statement.

Good Lord...this is terrible.

MOO

Veteran cop who connected Derek Saretzky to 3 homicides gets emotional while testifying

A veteran RCMP officer took a few seconds to compose himself while testifying at Derek Saretzky's triple-murder trial about finding blood in the bedroom of a missing two-year-old girl whose father had just been found dead.

[...]

Sgt. Stephen Browne was the team commander on the Hanne Meketech homicide investigation which began on Sept. 9, 2015, and was also called to Terry Blanchette's home when his body was discovered on Sept. 14. He was the first officer who began to suspect Saretzky was responsible for all three killings.

"I didn't expect to walk into what I walked into," said Browne of the bloody bathroom where Blanchette's body was discovered.

[...]

Browne said he and some other officers were approached by Saretzky's father, Larry, who runs a cleaning business next door to where his son was living, to tell them his son had "done something bad."

After the officer allowed the father and son to speak briefly, he intervened and pleaded with Derek Saretzky to give him information about Hailey's whereabouts.

The accused killer said: "She's in heaven."

"He said her body was in his sperm cells," said Browne of Saretzky's comments.

Browne said he directed a fellow officer to arrest Saretsky and then walked away.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/derek-saretzky-father-murder-trial-day-six-1.4159949

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthPup
Back