GUILTY Canada - Tess Richey, 22, Toronto, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping scarf reference..
''There were no obvious marks from a rope or fingerprints, however, which raised the possibility that “whatever was applied to her neck was soft in nature,” the forensic pathologist said.

Asked whether Richey could have been strangled with a scarf or tie, Williams said it couldn’t be ruled out, nor could the possibility of her being held in a chokehold or pinned against a surface with an arm.

“They’re all equally plausible,” she said, but noted that whatever it was, it cut off the blood supply to Richey’s brain and prevented her from breathing.''

Are they recessed until this coming March 9?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/kalen-schlatter-trial-tess-richey-1.5486706
March 9 2020
Last Updated: in 30 minutes
kalen-schlatter.JPG

Kalen Schlatter, who is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Tess Richey, is seen here being placed in a cell after his arrest. (Court exhibit)

Kalen Schlatter is testifying in his own defence Monday at his first-degree murder trial in the death of Toronto woman Tess Richey.''
CBC Toronto's Adam Carter is reporting from inside the courtroom. Follow along live:
On mobile and can't see the live blog? View it here.

Wonder how he'll explain his DNA inside of her bra then?? Only important question is 'were you lying then or are you lying now?'.

'I should have stayed with her:' Schlatter tells jury Tess Richey was alive when he left her in stairwell
Codi Wilson, CP24.com
Published Monday, March 9, 2020 5:10AM EDT
''Accused killer Kalen Schlatter took the stand in his own defence at his murder trial on Monday morning, telling the court that he felt “terrible” for leaving Tess Richey alone at the bottom of an outdoor stairwell on the morning she was strangled to death.

“I should have stayed with her,” Schlatter said during his testimony in a Toronto courtroom.

Schlatter has denied killing Richey but admitted that in the early morning hours of Nov. 25, 2017, he and Richey “made out” and “felt each other up” in an exterior stairwell of a building under renovation near Church and Dundonald streets.''

''Schlatter told the jury that he also offered to stay with Richey in the stairwell to keep her company, but she told him, “You can leave now.”

He said he told her to “have a good evening.”

''At one point during his testimony, Schlatter appeared to get emotional when discussing Richey’s cause of death.

The accused, who said he has a slight speech impediment, began to stumble on the words “neck compression” and “strangulation.” He took a long pause, dabbed his eyes with a tissue, and grabbed a glass of water before continuing to speak.''

Interesting Crown attorney Richards say there was no hug and kiss when they stood up from the bench they were sitting at. It showed Tess standing up because her Uber was supposed to arrive at that time. KS said that she led him to the driveway and stairway without telling him where they were going. I have to wonder with her other injuries where they at first thought she fell down the stairs, that maybe he pushed her down there and then sexually assaulted her? MOO.

Also another interesting point is that he wasn't wearing underwear that night.

Could he have led her to where she was supposed to meet her Uber, then pushed her down the stairs?

Also another point. From one of the photos, I saw a handprint on the white door that is at the bottom of the stairs. I wonder if that was Tess' hand print.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/kalen-schlatter-tess-richey-1.5491278
Adam Carter · CBC News · Posted: Mar 10
''Crown attorney Bev Richards spent much of Tuesday morning hammering accused killer Kalen Schlatter with questions in court, as cross-examination began at his trial for first-degree murder in the death of Toronto woman Tess Richey.

Richards pointed out several instances in which Schlatter said he had lied — both to his friends and to undercover police officers.

"Mr. Schlatter you lie to strangers, fair?" Richards said.

"I lie for specific reasons," Schlatter responded.

Schlatter later said that he lied to "protect" himself.

"Yes, you do that, don't you?" Richards shot back.''
  • ''Mar 10 2020 12:10 PM
    Schlatter says he didn't see any media releases about Richey being missing, or her body being found in the construction site. "You didn't hearing anything about it? Nothing?" Richards says. No, Schlatter says.

• Mar 10 2020 12:09 PM
    Richards now talking about how Schlatter said that he found out about Richey's death on Dec. 10, when his picture was shown. She also says on Nov. 27, there was a news release about her missing. Schlatter says he had never heard anything about that.
    Adam Carter
  • Mar 10 2020 12:07 PM
    "All; you did leave, unfortunately for you, is your sperm on her pants, isn't that right?" Richards says. "My sperm got onto her pants, but I did not leave it there," he says.''

Interesting Crown attorney Richards say there was no hug and kiss when they stood up from the bench they were sitting at. It showed Tess standing up because her Uber was supposed to arrive at that time. KS said that she led him to the driveway and stairway without telling him where they were going. I have to wonder with her other injuries where they at first thought she fell down the stairs, that maybe he pushed her down there and then sexually assaulted her? MOO.

Also another interesting point is that he wasn't wearing underwear that night.

Could he have led her to where she was supposed to meet her Uber, then pushed her down the stairs?
Seems reasonable to me that KS led TR to the stairway and not the other way around considering he was familiar with the area but TR was just visiting Toronto, imo speculation.

I like our Richards calls him out on not knowing about not having gone to this area before when she indicates that his cell phone tell a different story.

Seems reasonable to me that KS led TR to the stairway and not the other way around considering he was familiar with the area but TR was just visiting Toronto, imo speculation.
Yes I agree that KS knew the area better because he had lived there longer than Tess. Tess was living in Toronto at the time but I believe it says she lived in Scarborough not the downtown area whereas KS lived closer to downtown.

Crown attorney Richards is hammering KS about why he didn't see the media about Tess being missing and then dead. He said he didn't see them. He only saw them when they released the photos of him. OK.

This guy was really stupid for speaking to anyone in jail. Richards now reading out testimony from one of the undercover officera where KS said he would wait outside of bars looking for groups of girls to try to met them that way. She then said, "You were hoping and looking to hook up with a girl, weren't you?".

Wow the video outside the bar is telling a story at KS and how he was desperately trying to hook up with any girl out there. He was getting frustrated, no luck. So I would guess that Tess not having sex with him because of her period was the icing on the cake that sent him over the edge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn
Back