Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't really think Thelma knew her attacker. Police believe the witness who gave a description is indeed credible. They are quite sure the attacker lived or lives/ and/or worked in the area, and is also familiar with the place where the body was left.

Thelma Krull, missing woman from Winnipeg, found dead after 3 years

Thelma Krull, a 57-year-old woman from Winnipeg who disappeared more than 3 years ago while out for a walk, has been found dead, police said on Thursday. Her remains were found in the Taché area.

A hunter in a remote area in the Rural Municipality of Tache called police on Tuesday to report the discovery of potential human remains. They were found in a wooded area near the intersection of Municipal Rd 52 N. and Chemin Perin Rd.

BBM

The person known to police who fits the description of the sketch has been in and out of prison (some of us know his name; it starts with M), BUT, and this is a big but... this guy does not own a vehicle and does not drive. So, I'm wondering if the sketch is not the attacker, but someone who knows something or this sketch is not M after all, though he certainly looks like him. M is basically homeless, living on the streets when he's not in prison. In other words, he would not have been renting a residence around Kimberly and Grey.

Police are thinking it was just one attacker, though they are not ruling out more. Another point about M, who is the bold fellow who approached seniors asking for money ... and resembles the person in the sketch... He is big and very clumsy. I could see Thelma, who was fit, outrunning him. I doubt if he could even climb Kimberly Hill on a hot, humid morning. Evidence was gathered near the top of that hill.

Police say the attacker had reason to be in the area. Any ideas on that? Visiting a friend or relative? Lives there? Works at the hospital nearby? One of the construction guys doing work on Concordia at the time? Going to various Garage Sales in the area? (a little early for a garage sale, plus very few here in July; it's too hot and people are out at the cottages). Was it someone who got to know her at the Winnipeg Speedway where she watched the races?

Last edited:
Now I think they will find the murderer. Thelma's body was left in an obscure place that few would think of going to. This person knows that Tache Municipality area and had reason to be in the East Kildonan/Elmwood area that morning. Wasn't 8am on a hot, humid Saturday morning a strange time for a crime like this in our city?

I wonder if the presumed killer was smart enough to leave his cellphone at home? Or dispose of it since then.. probably!
I'm hoping that whatever remains they collected are able to give them some information other than her ID!!
Apparently the location is of interest to LE.

I think police are implying the area she was taken from is somewhat ideal for that purpose, but also so obsure that unlikely anyone would find it by accident, just cruising around. So someone who had come there for some reason, perhaps in the past, like went to high school there.

Similarly, the area where she was found was ideal for the purpose of concealing a body.

I just read the news. So sad.

I can't believe this has been reported today. I was thinking about Thelma last night.

At least Thelma's family finally have some answers but it's still terrible news to hear.

Now to find whoever did this to Thelma. I never thought she just took off.

RIP Thelma

"For anybody to dump that body in here, they’d have to know this area. This is the only half-section of Crown land that nobody would regularly be on," said a man who lives nearby, ...

"Up until the last couple of years, where she was found, half of this quarter-section here was all swamp ground. The only reason she popped up out of the ground there, if she was buried, is because it dried up."

"She was found darn near in the middle of it. So somebody dragged her in there, or walked her in there; it was a chore," the man said.

"...Somebody had some ambition to get her in there that far… There’s a reason they’re calling it a homicide and investigating it as such. ..."

The man said Thursday he would never go in the area where Krull’s remains were found because it was so swampy.

"Whoever did this, they knew that this was the only piece of Crown land around where they had quick road access. They must have been around here before," he said.
Thelma Krull's killer had 'some ambition to get her in there': hunter

From this quote below, and from what the detective said at the press conference.... isn't it possible that the killer could have driven out of the city, along that road, for miles.. and then eventually, some 50km out, he happened upon some woods, rather than prairies, and thought that looked like a good hiding spot? The detective said it was all prairies all around, except for this spot.. but that spot would have been visible from the road. It's obvious the killer wanted to hide the body to not be found, possibly even thrown into swamp water. I'm not sure why they're saying someone would necessarily be familiar with the area though, if this little woodsy area was different from the rest of the prairie lands?
"Whoever did this, they knew that this was the only piece of Crown land around where they had quick road access. They must have been around here before," he said.
Thelma Krull's killer had 'some ambition to get her in there': hunter

Thelma's body was put into a swampy area. I've been trying to figure out how wet it was up until July 11, 2015 to assess whether she was taken there the same day. I think it was a kind of average precipitation. The area would have been dry enough, I guess. Here are the precip. charts: Total Precipitation - Annual data for Winnipeg. You can put in the date to get the amount of precipitation we got up until that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966