Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone who has survived a prairie winter will know that
winnipeggers bust out the shorts and flip flops as soon as it goes above 12C. this was likely taken on one of the first few nice spring days.

Haha Steve - I'm with you......grew up in Manitoba.....shorts and flipflops once it's above zero....people think we're crazy......I was just questioning the long walk in those kind of shoes....but it seems this isn't as strange as it appears to me :)

I agree there is a resemblance....would be interesting to know when she put the purple streak in her hair (bc i don't see it in this picture).....also, any avid walker (and granted she may not have been at this point), especially going for a long hike, would not be wearing flip-flops. If she was wearing hiking boots in July, I wouldn't think she would be wearing flip-flops in April. MOO.

I saw a photo of TK posted in January. She did not have the streak in her hair then.

I might be way off here but, has she always had an interest in hiking? Or is this a new interest that maybe someone she knows got her into? It doesn't sound like the husband hikes or the son (correct me if I'm wrong).

Was she going to hike the West Coast Trail (WCT) with girlfriends/family? Sorry, if I missed this info, trying to skim and catch up a bit.

It seems awfully random to me, for her to get up and decide one day she wants to do the WCT. Mind you, people do this for 10K runs, so maybe not that surprising. I thought maybe she had someone introduce this idea to her, maybe she went to meet this person and then left somewhere (or was taken) by the person.

I might be way off here but, has she always had an interest in hiking? Or is this a new interest that maybe someone she knows got her into? It doesn't sound like the husband hikes or the son (correct me if I'm wrong).

Was she going to hike the West Coast Trail (WCT) with girlfriends/family? Sorry, if I missed this info, trying to skim and catch up a bit.

It seems awfully random to me, for her to get up and decide one day she wants to do the WCT. Mind you, people do this for 10K runs, so maybe not that surprising. I thought maybe she had someone introduce this idea to her, maybe she went to meet this person and then left somewhere (or was taken) by the person.

At the time of her disappearance, Thelma Krull was training for a seven-day hike with her older brother, Bill Therriault, on the West Coast Trail in British Columbia.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...-on-valley-gardens-community-centre-1.3151422

Haha Steve - I'm with you......grew up in Manitoba.....shorts and flipflops once it's above zero....people think we're crazy......I was just questioning the long walk in those kind of shoes....but it seems this isn't as strange as it appears to me :)

Don't forget the winter jacket! Shorts, flip flops and a parka. Quite the fashion statement in Ontario.

anyone who has survived a prairie winter will know that
winnipeggers bust out the shorts and flip flops as soon as it goes above 12C. this was likely taken on one of the first few nice spring days.

I was about to say what Random said to you Steve....as soon as it's above freezing...break out the summer gear*L*

I myself think it's our way of coping with what we've endured in the months previous....a sign of hope & the promise of warmth.....which...is usually dashed quickly with a big dump of the white stuff or huge plummet in temperature.....or both*L*

Anyways...seriously speaking....The lady on Concordia in streetview *good eye there Arnie!*....does look quite like her.....and another thing to add....although there aren't that many 'grocery' stores close by up there....there is ...on the NE corner of Concordia & Molson...a Shoppers Drug Mart....and on the SW corner a small strip mall incl. a Dollarama....so who knows right? Could be anything in that little cart! :)

I read that TK left her atm cards at home. Could she have been planning just to walk away? A bank account that no one knew about. It was said that all of her glasses had been accounted for but maybe she recently got new ones and didn't tell anyone. Were the glasses that she wore when she left and later found, some kind of message.

How about her job? Was she using her office phone a lot for personal calls instead of using her cell. Was her work up to date or had she let things slide because she was preoccupied with other things.

Are any small items that she cherished, missing? Does anyone remember getting an extra big hug from TK the last time they saw her? Maybe saying goodbye.
I still have difficulty believing that she would do this on her grandchilds birthday.

It's all so concerning.

I was curious if she had any mental health or medical issues currently or in the past? I am doubtful of this personally, but thought to mention just in case.

Also, I'm trying to get bearings on location of glasses to the road. I am not from Winnipeg, and maps/photos don't always help!

Could she have been a victim of a hit and run? I thought I had read a comment somewhere about a passerbyer seeing some blood on the pavement but can't remember where I saw it or if it's even true.

Are you talking about the 'back lane' area where someone said blood was spotted? That's just a rumor. Even still, that could be from an animal or anything.

Yes, could definitely be anything and probably not associated. I just wonder if she fell or was pushed and knocked her head on the pavement, but it would've been obvious if someone dragged her to their car. Someone would've *had* to have seen that.

That's why to me it seems like she possibly left with someone she knew and possibly got into their car. It sounds like her phone was turned off at that very point and place, so someone grabbed her phone at that point unless she did it herself. That person might've went back to drop the glasses of there.

Probably a stupid question - but would a phone still ping if underwater or would it just die?

As I see it, there are several scenarios that could have played out. (in no particular order)

1. TK wanted to disappear and is alive somewhere.
2. TK suffered a medical emergency and her body hasn't been found (in bush/abandoned property/etc)
3. TK was abducted and/or killed by a stranger.
4. TK was abducted and/or killed by someone known to her.

The only solid clue we have are her glasses (which point to 3 or 4 imo, but I know others could argue she planted them to throw off investigators)

Seems like a lot of people are leaning towards her voluntarily disappearing.....this doesn't sit right with me.....but can someone who holds this view please help me understand how/why they are reaching this conclusion?

I was curious if she had any mental health or medical issues currently or in the past?
Also, I'm trying to get bearings on location of glasses to the road.

It's back in earlier posts - from police comments and news reports, it seems the glasses were found right around so-called Toboggan Hill, in the midst of playing fields, not anywhere close to the road. Around that hill is also completely open grassy fields, not a bush to hide behind. There is a treed area off to one side of the park. There are some maps in earlier posts.

Nothing has been said that there were any issues about her health, physical or psychological. To plan to go on that 7 day hike would mean, to me, she felt very capable and confident, the hike is sometimes called 'gruelling', though that depends on how experienced you are and how much stuff you're trying to carry.

As I see it, there are several scenarios that could have played out. (in no particular order)

2. TK suffered a medical emergency and her body hasn't been found (in bush/abandoned property/etc)

I suppose another possibility would be suicide, but I don't believe it at all likely, neither do #1 or #2 seem even remotely probable. It's not at all easy to disappear and start a new life, and not something doting grandmothers do. If you have a medical emergency, you draw attention to yourself, not hide away.

Again, just looking at it in terms of where/when/who, #3 also strikes me as a very unlikely scenario. One nice thing about becoming a chunky older lady is that strange men leave you alone.

No body.
Why would there be no body?

If it was a medical emergency, she'd be laying where she dropped. Neither ground searches or air searches have found her body.

A random abduction by a stranger. Possibly, but to what end. Why would a 58 year old suburbanite be a target when nightclubs are teaming with intoxicated 20 year olds who would be IMO far easier prey.

Abducted or killed by someone who knows her. Someone invested enough to move her or dispose of her. Did they think they were likely to be implicated? Why go to that kind of trouble?

She wanted to disappear. Can't be discounted. i personally like to think that a mother and grandmother wouldn't do this to her family regardless of what promises may lay on the horizon. Still, no one knows what goes on behind closed doors.
Many women walk therapeutically meditating or working through things.
She could have just said "****** it" and left.

It's back in earlier posts - from police comments and news reports, it seems the glasses were found right around so-called Toboggan Hill, in the midst of playing fields, not anywhere close to the road. Around that hill is also completely open grassy fields, not a bush to hide behind. There is a treed area off to one side of the park. There are some maps in earlier posts.

Nothing has been said that there were any issues about her health, physical or psychological. To plan to go on that 7 day hike would mean, to me, she felt very capable and confident, the hike is sometimes called 'gruelling', though that depends on how experienced you are and how much stuff you're trying to carry.

Thanks, will try to catch up on posts! It's my pet peeve when people don't read all posts then jump into case and here I am doing it. :gaah:

Sooo, am I the only one finding it strange that of all the places in the area the *one place* her glasses were found was in a clearing and open area of sorts? Like they were meant to be seen and found on purpose? This seems fishy to me and as if they were put there on purpose.

The only solid clue we have are her glasses (which point to 3 or 4 imo, but I know others could argue she planted them to throw off investigators)

Seems like a lot of people are leaning towards her voluntarily disappearing.....this doesn't sit right with me.....but can someone who holds this view please help me understand how/why they are reaching this conclusion?

I have to say, I don't think it was #1 that she disappeared voluntarily unless it was suicide.

Every case I've sleuthed on here (Liknes/O'Brien, JRN, JMB, Shannon Burgess, Emma Fillipoff) the idea has been presented that these victims left to start a new life somewhere and in every case (except Emma's that is still open) this is not the case. I think it'd be extremely rare for this to happen.

I think #3 or #4, but mostly #4. I think she went with someone she knew or a hit and run and whoever is responsible either way - went back to put the glasses in an open area to be found. I feel like the glasses and are a red herring.

I'm thinking that an attack would have to be either carried out by more than one person to quickly and quietly subdue and remove a healthy person or she would have had to have gone willingly. Any other scenario would attract unwanted attention.

The Jeffrey Boucher case near Toronto keeps sticking in my mind.....he went jogging early one morning and vanished into thin air....every angle was investigated. Areas were searched, but noone knew his exact route, so it was difficult to know where to concentrate the search. Over 2 months later, his body was found - consensus was that his death was accidental.

ETA - the finding of the glasses in this case would make this situation unlikely.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay