Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot of cell phone ping knowledge.
It depends on the company. I.e. MTS or Rogers. One will give you the cell tower and what direction from the tower. I.e. south west of *advertiser censored* tower.
Another will give latitude and longitude and a radius....such as 300 meters. Sometimes the radius is huge and therefore useless.
The poster who said that they can call Winnipeg police is correct in saying that somee times they get a tower outside of the city. It's been discussed in the media.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

She had an iphone 4, I don't use apple but my impression is that iphones, when on, can be tracked quite precisely. I may be wrong.

Has anyone noticed the inspirational quotes Thelma posted "two weeks ago"??!! I know she pinned some one week before she went missing, but as of today she has been missing for "more" than two weeks. Not sure though, how pinterest classifies "two weeks"

I saw that too, it did strike me as possibly significant. I was wondering if she was feeling anxious about her upcoming hike.

She had an iphone 4, I don't use apple but my impression is that iphones, when on, can be tracked quite precisely. I may be wrong.

Yes and No.

A hand held GPS unit is cheap and reliable and readily available and can track your every move. Some phones have that same built in feature.

However , the information is stored in the device itself .... and it is no help to searchers because the missing person has the device

There are many systems that can transmit and map those movements for monitoring by a third party , but it is expensive , requires a large bandwidth , huge servers ... all the things a phone service is lacking , and it serves no practical purpose in everyday life (as far as phones go anyway).

Here is an example of finding a missing person by using GPS ..... 3 days ago a helicopter went down in the high arctic , it was equipped with a GPS transmitter that constantly mapped out its route for people on the ground to follow. It is a subscribed service , not cell phone related , it is used by aviation , trucking companies , shipping companies etc.

The helicopter developed mechanical problems , ditched in the freezing arctic water , the pilot swam to a small iceberg , his "GPS tracking MAP" lead searchers to the area , he fired off a signal flare and the ship rescued him.

The average person with a cell phone (Mrs Krull for example) do not subscribe to such a service but it does exist on a massive scale worldwide.

Attachments

• R22 down high arctic.JPG
    R22 down high arctic.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 138
I wonder if this had to do with money, like an acquaintance, friend, or other person in her circles asking to borrow money from her, like a loan, and she declined? And that person asked to meet her there that day due to an urgent situation or urgency. Maybe she declined in such a way that this person lost their temper or got angry. Anyone with financial problems or setbacks, someone having ongoing financial problems and bad with money, who felt like they had their back against the wall somehow.

There was an article in the free press today but I'm not registered. Does anyone know what it says? TIA :)

Hmmm....I can read part of the shaded portion and I quote:

" Besser said she's meeting with police later today, and at the family's request and weather permitting, there will be an event at the Red River Speedway tonight to publicize the ongoing search"

It continues to to say that after races, family will hand out flameless candles and release Chinese lanterns

Hmmm....I can read part of the shaded portion and I quote:

" Besser said she's meeting with police later today, and at the family's request and weather permitting, there will be an event at the Red River Speedway tonight to publicize the ongoing search"

It continues to to say that after races, family will hand out flameless candles and release Chinese lanterns

Awesome :) thank you!! I hope the family and police have directions on where to go from here. This case is so sad, though I am happy to see it has resulted in positive ties between the missing and murdered aboriginal group and other Winnipegers. This case has really hit the community hard :-(
I am hoping she is found.

What I find interesting is that it is B meeting with WPS as opposed to " we" are meeting with WPS. The lack of cohesion seems strange to me throughout this case.

Well Besser stated on television "we are living in the present" r.e. coping with TK's disappearance. Found that statement more than strange as well. JMO

What I find interesting is that it is B meeting with WPS as opposed to " we" are meeting with WPS. The lack of cohesion seems strange to me throughout this case.

That is a little strange. I can't imagine what it would be like for the husband though so I don't know how normal it may be. Perhaps she said I and meant we?

How long does it take before police give up in a situation like this? My fear is that with no leads, this case will become cold and the family cannot continue to search on their own. Does the RCMP get involved at some point?

How long does it take before police give up in a situation like this?

In terms of physical searching, I think once they believe they've thoroughly searched the likely areas they just have to stop searching and wait until a solid lead points them to another area to search.

However, since the homicide unit was assigned to the case, I think that means they'll continue to delve into, for example, her finances/relationships and anything else that might produce leads.

In terms of physical searching, I think once they believe they've thoroughly searched the likely areas they just have to stop searching and wait until a solid lead points them to another area to search.

However, since the homicide unit was assigned to the case, I think that means they'll continue to delve into, for example, her finances/relationships and anything else that might produce leads.

Thank you Satchie :)

Well Besser stated on television "we are living in the present" r.e. coping with TK's disappearance. Found that statement more than strange as well. JMO

Sorry, but what is strange about that? Many people with missing loved ones describe being in limbo, they don't know whether the person will be in their future or not.

Sorry, but what is strange about that? Many people with missing loved ones describe being in limbo, they don't know whether the person will be in their future or not.

In the TV interview, her father kept referring to the past "she was well loved." She was IMO the spokesperson for the interview.

Here is an example of finding a missing person by using GPS ..... 3 days ago a helicopter went down in the high arctic , it was equipped with a GPS transmitter that constantly mapped out its route for people on the ground to follow. It is a subscribed service , not cell phone related , it is used by aviation , trucking companies , shipping companies etc.

The helicopter developed mechanical problems , ditched in the freezing arctic water , the pilot swam to a small iceberg , his "GPS tracking MAP" lead searchers to the area , he fired off a signal flare and the ship rescued him.

The average person with a cell phone (Mrs Krull for example) do not subscribe to such a service but it does exist on a massive scale worldwide.

Technology is wonderful for this, but still not as fail proof as well all think. Very interesting stuff, thanks Arnie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay