Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #4 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading for days. 1st post.

A couple of comments, and a theory.

1. About the girlfriend - the context was the Crown asking for an order that the accused not communicate with a long list of people. I assume, but don't know, that the girlfriend was on that list. To justify why he should be banned from talking to his girlfriend, the Crown said she might be an important witness. Don't read too much into this.

2. About the video of the 2nd vehicle - police referred to video taken near TB's home. Given how rural it is, the video is probably long distance. They're able to see a second vehicle, but not with sufficient resolution to make out what kind it is. Zooming in would just give blurry blocks of pixels.

So, my theory:

I don't think this was about the truck. I think the truck was a path to TB.

What if the suspects were engaged in illegal activity, perhaps a drug deal, when a black Ram 3500 with a For Sale sign drove by and a guy looked out at them. Or maybe that truck was parked outside somebody's girlfriend's house, and people jumped to conclusions. Whatever it was, the suspects decide they have to get that guy in the truck. They go online, looking for black Ram 3500's for sale. They go to the first guy, decide it's not him. Go to TB, decide it is him, and kill him.

This fits in many ways:

- the burner cell phone, often used by criminals, particularly drug dealers
- leaving the first truck owner unharmed
- deciding to test drive, rather than steal the truck, so that they would meet the owner
- fits better with DM having money - he could have bought the truck, but it wasn't the truck he was after

One possible scenario: they drop off the trailer somewhere (maybe the farm). Suspect 3 drives them in trailer towing vehicle to TB's house, drops them off, waits down the road. DM & suspect 2 drive by with TB in TB's truck, suspect 3 follows. TB is killed. Truck is loaded into trailer, body disposed of. Truck is much harder to get rid of. Trailer gets driven to Kleinburg while they try to figure out how to dispose of the truck. DM gets arrested based on tattoo description, others on the run or lying low, no time to dispose of the truck.

Property searches for all property related to DM begins, remains found.

I have no info other than what's public, but I think this scenario fits what we know so far.

Thoughts?

FYI:

It's fine to discuss that a girlfriend is a potential witness, it is not fine to name her and sleuth her, her friends and her family. If she is named by law enforcement or the MSM, you can then use her initials. Until then, be careful.

:tyou:

Police would never tell the family that their loved one was deceased unless they were 1000% sure.

which is why there's more here. the corner hadnt even been brought in when they said this, and if the remains were burnt beyond recognition ... soooo how do they know it's Tim?

which is why there's more here. the corner hadnt even been brought in when they said this, and if the remains were burnt beyond recognition ... soooo how do they know it's Tim?

Size. Circumstance (they know whose property it is and he's already in custody). Jewelry. Clothing/boots. The fact the truck was found and is also connected to the owner of this property. I don't see why they would have any reasonable doubt on identity.

I didn't realize DM's red truck didn't have a diesel engine.

I don't know anything about trucks, but my car has a diesel engine and I've previously looked into swapping the diesel engine into a gas car (both VW) and it's a lot more involved than just replacing the engine. The transmission has to be swapped as well as the car's "computer system" and there may be issues with the emissions testing.

I'm not saying that DM and company couldn't do it, as clearly they had knowledge of tearing down cars and had the equipment, however in my mind it makes it a lot less probable that they were trying to get TB's engine to put into DM's truck in time for the Baja race this year. I personally wouldn't want to test out a new engine swap on such a long road trip.

Someone here had posted about possible VIN swapping which maybe was possible. Or just parting out the truck, or sending it overseas (I've been wondering if DM left the trailer with the truck inside at his mom's for someone else to come pick up and take elsewhere).

The frame of the two vehicles are same... Swaping parts are not hard. Engine and tranny swap is not hard to an experienced person...as it seems to show in pics of his hangar...and the work taking place.... Emission testing on vehicles would not be issue.. As exhaust and components would be swapped also.

What if the suspects were engaged in illegal activity, perhaps a drug deal, when a black Ram 3500 with a For Sale sign drove by and a guy looked out at them. Or maybe that truck was parked outside somebody's girlfriend's house, and people jumped to conclusions. Whatever it was, the suspects decide they have to get that guy in the truck. They go online, looking for black Ram 3500's for sale. They go to the first guy, decide it's not him. Go to TB, decide it is him, and kill him.

I've had this or something similar to this suggested to me too and the question I have about it is - let's say these individuals were committing a crime in Tim Bosma's neck of the woods - the Greater Hamilton Area if you will. Why go for a test drive with a dude who owns a Dodge Ram in the Toronto area? What would be the odds that would be him? Likewise, if Tim was witness to a crime in the Toronto area, why go for a test drive with a guy in the Hamilton area? I'm assuming you have to indicate a general location on the Kijiji ad. Does that not make sense to anyone else?

This is the problem I have with the idea that Tim Bosma the man was targeted, not his truck. If you are targeting Tim Bosma, wouldn't you probably have an idea of what area you're looking in? Just a thought.

Police would never tell the family that their loved one was deceased unless they were 1000% sure.

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/15/dellen-millard-formally-charged-with-murder-in-tim-bosmas-death/

In a video on this link you will find DM's lawyer say that he knew DM for "a couple of months... through mutual friends"

I read on a post earlier that DM's lawyer has recently represented heroin traffickers.

I also remember a post from DM on twitter that said that he is "either going to sleep or do heroin."

Is it reasonable to connect the dots... that DM's lawyer met him previously through these heroin dealers?

Lawyer Deepak Paradkar's linkedin page states "I conduct approximately 6 - 7 serious jury trials per year and about 100 Ontario Court trials"...that is a lot of cases.

It's likely that the case that made the link did not hit the press (as a small minority of DP's cases did). For that matter lawyer DP was involved in a case with a Oakville swim club fighting for pool rights, and that could have been the connection, i.e., not all of his cases are alarming.

Most of the drug, murder and immigration cases DM's lawyer is involved in seem to be with southeast asian clients. DM, from facebook pics, does not seem to have a lot of brown friends. I doubt he is familiar with any of the se asian drug criminals

The heroin tweet was by AM and was likely just a joke...who talks about a smack habit like that? I would not take that seriously

I believe his lawyer just ruled that out, that his financials were looked at and he is confirmed to own several properties and could have paid cash for the truck.

Its in the interview.

Owns properties that he maybe did not want to sell if the going is starting to get tough.:moo:

I've had this or something similar to this suggested to me too and the question I have about it is - let's say these individuals were committing a crime in Tim Bosma's neck of the woods - the Greater Hamilton Area if you will. Why go for a test drive with a dude who owns a Dodge Ram in the Toronto area? What would be the odds that would be him? Likewise, if Tim was witness to a crime in the Toronto area, why go for a test drive with a guy in the Hamilton area? I'm assuming you have to indicate a general location on the Kijiji ad. Does that not make sense to anyone else?

This is the problem I have with the idea that Tim Bosma the man was targeted, not his truck. If you are targeting Tim Bosma, wouldn't you probably have an idea of what area you're looking in? Just a thought.

If TB saw something though, wouldn't that make DM and whoever accompanied him that night the pawns, though? The person(s) afraid they'd been seen wouldn't be the ones walking up to his front door and coaxing him out on a late night test drive. In that case, whoever was in that second vehicle becomes the mastermind.

ETA: This does actually make a lot of sense with the theory that he'd fallen in with a "bad crowd" as of late. Some sort of initiation or something he had to do to prove he was trustworthy to whomever. It'll be interesting to find out what kinds of vehicles have been in that hangar.

I heard from an aquintence that they found TB Saturday night. At the farm. Time to run DNA to be sure then release the info yesterday? Also some neighbours have been quoted as saying the police showed up Friday at farm. I think it likely that someone heard about the tattoo info on the suspect and called LE to tip them off about DM. They were searching his property before Monday IMO

:welcome3:

:welcome5:

Please review our forum etiquette and information to help you take advantage of the best crime forum on the internet!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]​

Remorseful was not the best choice of words by DM's lawyer ,but don't you feel remorseful that Tim was not found alive? I sure as heck do.
I think most people that knew about this case felt remorseful.

That's the wrong use of the word remorseful. Remorse is defined as 'deep regret or guilt for a wrong committed.' I am deeply saddened by the tragic passing of Tim but I am not in any way 'remorseful' as I had absolutely nothing to do with his death.

A couple of comments, and a theory.

1. About the girlfriend - the context was the Crown asking for an order that the accused not communicate with a long list of people. I assume, but don't know, that the girlfriend was on that list. To justify why he should be banned from talking to his girlfriend, the Crown said she might be an important witness. Don't read too much into this.

2. About the video of the 2nd vehicle - police referred to video taken near TB's home. Given how rural it is, the video is probably long distance. They're able to see a second vehicle, but not with sufficient resolution to make out what kind it is. Zooming in would just give blurry blocks of pixels.

So, my theory:

I don't think this was about the truck. I think the truck was a path to TB.

This fits in many ways:

- the burner cell phone, often used by criminals, particularly drug dealers
- leaving the first truck owner unharmed
- deciding to test drive, rather than steal the truck, so that they would meet the owner
- fits better with DM having money - he could have bought the truck, but it wasn't the truck he was after

One possible scenario: they drop off the trailer somewhere (maybe the farm). Suspect 3 drives them in trailer towing vehicle to TB's house, drops them off, waits down the road. DM & suspect 2 drive by with TB in TB's truck, suspect 3 follows. TB is killed. Truck is loaded into trailer, body disposed of. Truck is much harder to get rid of. Trailer gets driven to Kleinburg while they try to figure out how to dispose of the truck. DM gets arrested based on tattoo description, others on the run or lying low, no time to dispose of the truck.

Property searches for all property related to DM begins, remains found.

I have no info other than what's public, but I think this scenario fits what we know so far.

Thoughts?

I don't think they drove the trailer down to Ancaster as it is not fun hauling a huge trailer on the highway...plus it would not be fast to load, the truck may not have fit in without removing mirrors etc, they would have to secure it well for the long drive...just too much hassle.

Besides the truck was seen in Brantford and Kitchener which means it was not in the trailer but probably headed for the hangar where the trailer is likely stored

I think the airplane fuel could be charged to the business whereas the diesel could not and would come out of DM's own pockets

Red Dodge Ram was owned by corporation so fuel could be charged to corporation account provided there were logs kept of where they went and what was driven for personal use. Assuming most was personal because it is hard to write off most of the activity. If there were logs and proper flight plans and records on the planes and helicopter then they could be charged out. If there were flight records then where did they go? I think that there were a lot of unaccounted and unrecorded trips. JMO

I know I'll get lambasted for suggesting this as a theory, but what if the female being discussed had some involvement with TB in the past, and that DM was furious, jealous, and wanted revenge?

I know I don't have much basis to suggest this, but I think murders have been committed since the beginning of time based on the affections for a woman.

Its very well possible, the diesel in engine was intended for the jeep. After doing a google search.... Jeep to diesel conversion is a big thing. Also the 2007 was last year the 5.9 cummins diesel was made... A good engine I must say

I will try to find the link that was posted previously (probably one or two threads back) but I recall reading something that said police led a group of "civilians" around DM's farm. I'm now wondering if these "civilians" were witnesses or somehow otherwise connected to DM, and they were actually showing police where TB was taken and/or what was done to him? I had previously thought maybe they were friends/family of TB's and were being asked to identify his body (this was before the press conference announcing that they found his body burned).

I know I'll get lambasted for suggesting this as a theory, but what if the female being discussed had some involvement with TB in the past, and that DM was furious, jealous, and wanted revenge?

I know I don't have much basis to suggest this, but I think murders have been committed since the beginning of time based on the affections for a woman.

I think LE has proven TB is as pure as the driven snow, a devoted husband and father

He'd been married for 3 years so any possible "relationship" would be old and stale by now and DM would not have the fire in his loins to fight such an old battle (if there were any at all reason for it to be fought)

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/15/dellen-millard-formally-charged-with-murder-in-tim-bosmas-death/

In a video on this link you will find DM's lawyer say that he knew DM for "a couple of months... through mutual friends"

I read on a post earlier that DM's lawyer has recently represented heroin traffickers.

I also remember a post from DM on twitter that said that he is "either going to sleep or do heroin."

Is it reasonable to connect the dots... that DM's lawyer met him previously through these heroin dealers?
If you look at my earlier posts I already made that link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members