Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #4 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think perhaps the question was asked as one more piece of hope that Tim might be alive and this was someone else.

With a first degree murder charge scheduled to be laid, the only hope that remains is that all responsible will be brought to justice.

and this relates to incineration and burning flesh in what way?? i agree people who know him are important but discussing gruesome ways of disposing a body has nothing to do with finding suspect 2 or 3 etc...jmo

You suggested we focus on identifying the second suspect. In the spirit of conversation, I suggested that may be challenging. Barring our ability to do that immediately, some would like to focus on the forensic aspects and perhaps whether neighbours could have had some indication something was going on.

Relax. JMO.

I would also think that at such high temps inside an incinerator, that any clothing or metal (belt buckle, steel inside work boots, etc) would be melted into nothing.

There is always slag residue from melted metal. It may come out unrecognizable, but its mass remains roughly the same once it cools.

You suggested we focus on identifying the second suspect. In the spirit of conversation, I suggested that may be challenging. Barring our ability to do that immediately, some would like to focus on the forensic aspects and perhaps whether neighbours could have had some indication something was going on.

Relax. JMO.

i apologize i responded poorly to the wrong post....i agree we must find the second suspect. my computer then shut down and i am prepping lessons for my class tomorrow and everything crashed i am sorry ...no disrespect.

If the incinerator was indeed a rental, where did it come form? There is only one company dealing with dead stock in nearby, in Atwood, near Listowel.

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/food/inspection/ahw/deadstockoperators.htm

Incineration of livestock seems highly regulated - reporting is required...how do you get your hands on a unit like this if you are not legitimately farming?

Is it possible that the incinerator belonged to the previous owners of this farm and was purchased with the property? Did the previous owners have livestock? Although the incinerator appeared to be in very 'new' condition, perhaps it had been stored in a barn or outbuilding for a long period of time?

i apologize i responded poorly to the wrong post....i agree we must find the second suspect. my computer then shut down and i am prepping lessons for my class tomorrow and everything crashed i am sorry ...no disrespect.

No worries, just ignore the parts you find unsavory. None of this is nice but sadly is necessary.

Is it possible that the incinerator belonged to the previous owners of this farm and was purchased with the property? Did the previous owners have livestock? Although the incinerator appeared to be in very 'new' condition, perhaps it had been stored in a barn or outbuilding for a long period of time?

On the OMAFRA site it suggested you might have to dispose of 550 chickens per 10,000 per year....there would have to be big chicken barns on the property for the incinerator to have come with the farm because you need a lot of chickens to need one

If the incinerator had been stored in a barn for a long time it would have a good coating of dust. It's just too clean

... some would like to focus on the forensic aspects and perhaps whether neighbours could have had some indication something was going on.

yes...

there was a post last thread about (iirc) neighbours not smelling anything unusual... that might be b/c of the use of the incinerator, but isn't it planting season? i know the smell of fertilizer -aka manure- on the fields is horrendous here right now...

This is a discussion board and different people like to discuss different aspects of the case. If some are discussing something you're not interested in, like forensics, then please scroll on by. :tyou:

I am interested in forensics when it applies to finding a suspect and by those who are educated in discusses forensics. In this case discussing how the deceased was burned and how it smelled is not relevant for us sittng on a keyboard,,they have professionals for that ....we can however use our sleuthing skills to use our keyboards to delve into and find info to help LE find suspect 2 is all i am saying.
Also yes i will scoll on by <MODSNIP>
JMO

You don't think clothing or jewelry would be enough in a situation like this where it's unlikely to be someone else?

Clothing is not going to survive an incinerator, and if there was a ring there, are LE really going to be sifting through ashes to find it without forensics there making sure the evidence was not contaminated?

I'm sure LE had their reasons for saying they are certain, but based on what we know (in particular LE's assertion that forensics had not been on the scene yet) it does not makes a lot of sense.

OT

Im new on this board and I find the threads a little disorganized amd hard to find without linking directly from search, so Im not sure if a thread exists for this case.

Anyhow I would hate to think that a missing 17 year old kid who may still be alive <modsnip> from Toronto, and as we are all local to this case I thought I would post this here and alert you all to it. Mods can do what they will.

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/26484.pdf

and if there was a ring there, are LE really going to be sifting through ashes to find it?

yes-- standard procedure in a situation like this: police sift through dirt, ashes what have you... there was an article today that mentioned this was occurring in ayr...

I am interested in forensics when it applies to finding a suspect and by those who are educated in discusses forensics. In this case discussing how the deceased was burned and how it smelled is not relevant for us sittng on a keyboard,,they have professionals for that ....we can however use our sleuthing skills to use our keyboards to delve into and find info to help LE find suspect 2 is all i am saying.
Also yes i will scoll on by <MODSNIP>
JMO
With all due respect, this is a discussion board. Topics of interest can vary greatly, and unless a subject is deemed off limits by the moderators, members are welcome to explore freely and share their knowledge and findings with the group.

Clothing is not going to survive and incinerator, and if there was a ring there, are LE really going to be sifting through ashes to find it without forensics there making sure the evidence was not contaminated?

I'm sure LE had their reasons for saying they are certain, but based on what we know (in particular LE's assertion that forensics had not been on the scene yet) it does not makes a lot of sense.

I just tend to disagree, no offense. We have no idea what else they found on the property or with the remains. How do we know the clothing all went into the incinerator (which we're really only presuming was used since even that hasn't been confirmed).

I don't think LE are so heartless they would tell his family he had passed if they weren't reasonably certain.

Forensics had been on the scene, btw. You can see the van in some of the news chopper videos. So yes, they were there. There hadn't been an autopsy yet so they wouldn't speculate on cause of death. Identity, they were sure on.

"they" have professionals to discuss forensics (and those here are not educated enough to do so) but LE needs our unprofessional help to help find the other suspects?

am i understanding correctly?

OT

Im new on this board and I find the threads a little disorganized amd hard to find without linking directly from search, so Im not sure if a thread exists for this case.

Anyhow I would hate to think that a missing 17 year old kid who may still be alive <modsnip> from Toronto, and as we are all local to this case I thought I would post this here and alert you all to it. Mods can do what they will.

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/26484.pdf

I have no idea why you would think that sleuthers would give less attention to a missing young black man?

There's no reason why you can't start a new post in the MISSING Forum, as many others have done in the past, to bring attention to this missing young man - if there isn't already a post about him (use the 'search' button within that forum to search for his name).

I just tend to disagree, no offense. We have no idea what else they found on the property or with the remains. How do we know the clothing all went into the incinerator (which we're really only presuming was used since even that hasn't been confirmed).

I don't think LE are so heartless they would tell his family he had passed if they weren't reasonably certain.

Forensics had been on the scene, btw. You can see the van in some of the news chopper videos. So yes, they were there. There hadn't been an autopsy yet so they wouldn't speculate on cause of death. Identity, they were sure on.
This is from Chief De Caire's statement today:

We are convinced by the totality of the evidence that these are the remains of Tim Bosma. The evidence indicates that the remains were burned.

Forensic investigators from the Centre of Forensic Sciences are conducting their investigations.
http://www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca/HPS/News/timbosmaupdate.htm

This doesn't make sense to me. Why would the ground beneath the incinerator be scorched? The burning chamber of an incinerator, where the burning takes place, would be well off the ground and I wouldn't think that that part of it would come into contact with the ground at all.

Perhaps they had tried to burn the body without the use of an incinerator initially but were concerned about attracting attention due to smoke caused by such (like a big bonfire)....so they decided to finish the job with an incinerator?

Here is what I think happened. They were either in a rush (because they were panicking) OR they did not know how to operate the "Eliminator Incinerator".

The Eliminator Incinerator is a mobile crematorium for livestock. If operated properly the end product is a small pile of sterile ash.

I suspect that they did not wait the 1-2 hours needed for complete incineration (because they were freaking out) and they tried cleaning out the furnace too soon i.e. before the remains were completely incinerated. In doing so the still hot remains scorched the earth around the Incinerator. This is why LE are able to say that they have human remains because otherwise LE would have discovered sterile ash and I am not even sure if you can do DNA testing on sterile ash?

On the website for the Eliminator Incinerator there is a video that explains the operation of this Incinerator. It is purposely designed for burning animal remains as opposed to industrial waste and as we know DM did not own livestock!

This is looking more and more diabolical!

http://www.supernovamfg.com/index.html

I have no idea why you would think that sleuthers would give less attention to a missing young black man?

There's no reason why you can't start a new post in the MISSING Forum, as many others have done in the past, to bring attention to this missing young man - if there isn't already a post about him (use the 'search' button within that forum to search for his name).

Excuse me, I wasnt making such an inferrence about sleuthers but about the local media in general, and I explained already Im finding the forum hard to navigate.

I posted this here because the case is local, there are a lot of people from sw ontario on here and I thought it would be useful to bring their attention to it.

No need to get defensive at all. Goodnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CouchdetectiveC