Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #5 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would they need a search warrent to search the first truck? I would think if the owner gave the ok they could search without that. It wouldn't make sense for him to refuse IMO.

I'm pretty sure they couldn't get TB to consent to the search of the truck since he was murdered and still missing at the time. I would imagine they would still need a warrant.

Would be nice to have a description of who the guys were that Dellen was hanging out with in his backyard Wednesday night...or if they parked vehicles in his driveway or on the street, what kind of cars or trucks did his friends arrive in?

Hi all,
I just wanted to add my .02 to your discussions. My gut instinct tells me that the Sun article is on the right track. Speculation about drugs, mafia or DM being chased or framed are, IMO, just that - unsubstantiated speculation. I think when we follow such speculation it often leads to us creating our own red herrings and leads us away from the more probable truth. That's not to say that speculation isn't part of the process, but we should be able to cross off some of the more unlikely outcomes - at least initially. We can always go back to them if things lead us in that direction later.
That being said, watch me now do some speculating of my own :angel:
Looking at the info we actually have on hand, whether reported in MSM or from various social media sites we can conclude that DM had very little reason to steal a truck other than to simply possess it.
Certain Tweets made by DM's friends (cleared or otherwise) hint that both they & DM had some sort of interest (whether real or pretend) in some illegal activities (as mentioned in earlier posts and on Twitter).
DM's lawyer, whether intentionally or not, managed to imply that DM had SOMETHING to do with TB's abduction and horrible demise, and that he was not the only one.
The incinerator - new enough that the neighbours took notice -was already located on the farm ready and waiting.
Taking all of this into account it is my opinion - yes pure speculation - that DM and friends decided to play a game of sorts (maybe influenced by movies/v games, lack of moral compasses etc). IMO, they wanted to hurt/murder someone and used the vehicle as a way to find/target their victim. Their first target in Etobicoke lucked out b/c he wasn't an easy target or maybe they simply chickened out.
TB wasn't so lucky b/c DM and friends weren't as nervous the 2nd time.
I think this was fully planned out ahead of time b/c DM had already arranged to have the incinerator at the farm to help destroy evidence.
I think the truck was just a trophy and that it needed to be hidden b/c they didn't realize how messy the murder could be.
Any thoughts on this?

But if they're right and approximately 5 people are involved: 2 driving, 2-3 following, then that seems like a LOT of people all convinced that murder is "ok" via video games or bad moral compasses. Isn't it more likely that the moral compass was off when it comes to stealing a truck than when it comes to killing another person?

To the people saying the trailer was so close to the garage doors to load and unload truck etc... You do realise it was like that so you COULDNT open the doors right??? How would they open it? The doors open like a book back there.

The back door of a vehicle-hauling trailer opens from the top and is pulled downward so that it (the trailer door) can be used a ramp to unload or load the vehicle.

To the people saying the trailer was so close to the garage doors to load and unload truck etc... You do realise it was like that so you COULDNT open the doors right??? How would they open it? The doors open like a book back there.

Agreed! IMO it was parked like that to prevent the door from being opened.

We park our second vehicle up close to our garage door which swings up, when we go away to prevent anyone from breaking into it.

249135_460420774037774_637096909_n.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean? Don't these types of garage doors open by sliding in? The trailer could have been backed up all the way to bring the truck into the garage without anyone seeing the actual truck and then placed back into the trailer. Usually there is an access to a garage from inside of a house. JMO

https://www.facebook.com/CTVbarrie

In a hopefully unrelated question, have we figured out why there was a big police presence and police search line at the MillardAir Hangar today? ( I haven't been keeping up with the thread.)

I haven't seen any more info on this search

Agreed, by deduction and hints, the car following was the female friend.

I'm inclined to agree, however ... they also said they couldn't tell from the vid, so they might just have been trying to be PC and not wanting to exclude possibility of female accomplice.

Also, I think they have a pretty good handle on how they are putting info out. Whether it's a mis-info campaign or not, they probably do know what they're doing.

Yes! And the trailer doors are so tall that opening the garage would still not help.

In a past thread, someone who drove through the area said the driveway was not super-long and the trailer is extremely large and probably HAD to be parked up against the garage to fit.

This is correct. The tweeted pics of the le at mm's house were from myself. They came from across the street

I'm pretty sure they couldn't get TB to consent to the search of the truck since he was murdered and still missing at the time. I would imagine they would still need a warrant.

I wasn't speaking about TB' truck obviously. The man in etobicoke was who's truck I was referring to.

They weren't concerned about blocking the doors...just about backing the trailer as far back as possible so as not to stick out like a sore thumb....they were panicked for sure. I am a straightline thinker and I always look for the obvious behavior in a situation like this.I'll leave it up to the rest of you to think outside the box...I don't do that well.

I doubt it.. they need to follow procedure or evidence can be thrown out. You cannot just barge into places without lawful reason...and the truck was not visible from the outside of trailer from what I can tell. What I find odd...is that a neighbor called to report a trailer on someones driveway !!!! It just seems too convenient to me. Plus I am guessing that said neighbor didn't want his/her name disclosed ...

Regarding my theory that LE broke into the trailer without a warrant. I believe that's okay (at least on TV) if there's the possibility someone may be inside who's life is in danger. Note that all that LE divulged was that there was a truck inside similar to TB's, but they needed a search warrant to examine it and confirm that.

Info about DM's properties:

Millard's million-dollar properties
Millard is listed as the owner of at least three properties. His residence at 5 Maple Gate Court in Etobicoke, a Toronto suburb, used to belong to his grandparents. The tax assessment on the property is $1,072,000.

He's also listed as owning a six-unit residential building at 307 Riverside Dr. in Toronto that's assessed at $1,443,000.

Then there's the 45-hectare farm he owns at 2548 Roseville Rd. in Ayr, south of Kitchener-Waterloo, where police have been searching. Millard purchased it in 2011 for $835,000.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/05/13/f-dellen-millard-profile-bosma-case.html?cmp=rss

But if they're right and approximately 5 people are involved: 2 driving, 2-3 following, then that seems like a LOT of people all convinced that murder is "ok" via video games or bad moral compasses. Isn't it more likely that the moral compass was off when it comes to stealing a truck than when it comes to killing another person?

LE is looking for 2, possibly more: suspect #2, early 20's smaller and shorter than DM, and the person who drove the chase car. They could not see in the chase car so there may be another suspect. No good reason to have 2-3 people in the chase car though

More thoughts - Maybe the 3rd following suspect is the leader...Dm was involved or associated with him via shady business dealings with drugs, chop shop, organized crime etc
-DM and 2nd suspect are in truck with 3rd following (for whatever reason - to steal it, because he was asked to test drive it for the 3rd guy) - something goes wrong and TB is killed
- 2nd suspect freaks out and wants to go to police or not be involved in disposal so he is killed (maybe by 3rd suspect)
- DM`s land, house, toys are used in disposal of bodies, truck etc as DM doesnt want to suffer the same fate as 2nd guy or feels he cant go to police due to his associations
-GF finds out parts of story, or tips police after tattoo released

I don't think keeping someone from opening those back doors was much of a concern, as there is an access door on both sides of that trailer.
Why worry about someone getting in the back doors when they can just walk through a door on the side?
It was through one of the side doors that the police confirmed that there was a black truck in the trailer, and that Tim was not.

249135_460420774037774_637096909_n.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean? Don't these types of garage doors open by sliding in? The trailer could have been backed up all the way to bring the truck into the garage without anyone seeing the actual truck and then placed back into the trailer. Usually there is an access to a garage from inside of a house. JMO

https://www.facebook.com/CTVbarrie

I think it would be tough to do this, the door of the hauler wouldn't clear the garage doors top opening when swung down at that closeness to the garage, the truck inside likely wouldn't even clear when coming off the ramp. I don't know the height of the dodge ram truck, but it would be a very very tight fit.

Something else about that trailer parked at his mom's residence keeps niggling at the back of my mind... Why so close to the garage doors, her driveway was not so short to not allow a foot between back of trailer and the doors of the garage. I keep thinking it was parked that close for a reason.

Perhaps to load the truck from the garage into the trailer, or vice versa, intending to load the truck into the garage.

Could also be so there was no room for anyone to squeeze in behind the trailer between and open the doors without opening the garage door for room to stand to do such. I just feel there is a reason for parking so close. Also, I imagine there were two that dropped off that trailer, parking that close you would think someone would be guiding it back to not hit the garage doors....IMHO
This is when a nosy neighbor would of be of great importance and as an eye witness of vehicle description, time and the people's descriptions who dropped the trailer off. Hmmm I know I'm a nosy neighbor and my kids say I'm too nosy lol. JMO but sometimes being nosy might come in handy

Hopefully, LE has obtained a list of all passengers flying to Mexico, once DM was apprehended ... long shot!

Mexico does have an extradition treaty with Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en