Resolved Canada - Toronto, fem, 27-49, sleeping bag, cargo pants/grn striped shirt, (Dundas/Crawford), Jun'20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Trinity Bellwoods Park Jane Doe - DNA Doe Project Cases

TrinityBellwoodsParkJaneDoe_web.jpg

NamUs ID: UNA
Date Body Found: June 10, 2020
Race: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age: 27 to 49
Estimated PMI: Hours

Last Updated: October 11, 2021
Posted on October 11, 2021

Great! Thanks @YaYa_521 Good to see there is a Canadian case picked up by the DNA Doe Project.

Thank you for the update!

What does "status undergoing testing" mean? Does this include cause of death or is that already known and not released? I kept thinking someone hurt her and she died from a head injury and was left without any I.D, as if it were intentional.

A recent article in my local paper highlighted the fact that there have been close to 50 deaths related to the homeless population that is local to me. The impression it left was that the city officials do not want this information revealed (wtf?! JMO). The reporter made comparison to how death within the homeless population is documented in Toronto compared to other cities. I'd link to the article but don't want to reveal my city.

It's still hard to imagine all this woman owned was with her and that it amounted to a sleeping bag, band aid and a protein bar. Am I the only one who finds this odd? Maybe this is common :(

Maybe her other stuff was stolen? That is not unheard off if a homeless person (if she was one) dies.

From the DNA Doe Project site: Investigators do not consider the woman’s death suspicious.

Maybe her other stuff was stolen? That is not unheard off if a homeless person (if she was one) dies.

From the DNA Doe Project site: Investigators do not consider the woman’s death suspicious.
I've seen the note that it isn't suspicious. I was just sharing that originally I thought it was done intentionally. Sad but good to know it wasn't malicious.

I realize it happens but how awful if someone saw she was deceased and just helped themselves to her stuff? Again, someone could have taken her bags and found I.D later on but to keep quiet would be shameful. She didn't even have shoes :(

I've seen the note that it isn't suspicious. I was just sharing that originally I thought it was done intentionally. Sad but good to know it wasn't malicious.

I realize it happens but how awful if someone saw she was deceased and just helped themselves to her stuff? Again, someone could have taken her bags and found I.D later on but to keep quiet would be shameful. She didn't even have shoes :(

Could theorize about the ID a bit. At the same time I wonder myself what it would contribute to finding her identity. Maybe she had no ID, couldn't afford (a new) one, lost it or it was stolen by somebody using her identity now or sold it on the black market to buy food, alcohol or drugs. Also there are people who refuse to carry an ID, because they are against the "system" and want to stay anonymous. There is a name for this group of people, but I can't recall it, right now. Also IMO people living on the street mostly don't have access to all kinds of media/internet on a regular basis. They have to go to an Internet cafe, library, etc. and have to have access to electricity. If somebody else had or found her ID they maybe missed that they were searching for her identity or "simply" don't care. It might be the latter. Off course and happily there are exceptions and beautiful diamonds among the homeless people. If she had an ID, it sadly didn't turn up one way or another.

Could theorize about the ID a bit. At the same time I wonder myself what it would contribute to finding her identity. Maybe she had no ID, couldn't afford (a new) one, lost it or it was stolen by somebody using her identity now or sold it on the black market to buy food, alcohol or drugs. Also there are people who refuse to carry an ID, because they are against the "system" and want to stay anonymous. There is a name for this group of people, but I can't recall it, right now. Also IMO people living on the street mostly don't have access to all kinds of media/internet on a regular basis. They have to go to an Internet cafe, library, etc. and have to have access to electricity. If somebody else had or found her ID they maybe missed that they were searching for her identity or "simply" don't care. It might be the latter. Off course and happily there are exceptions and beautiful diamonds among the homeless people. If she had an ID, it sadly didn't turn up one way or another.

There was a case in my city a few years back, a homeless guy was murdered by some other homeless in a group sleeping near the river. They were all questioned and I'm not sure what came of it but one of them was charged. So yeah, people down on their luck will do desperate things.

It's not just the lack of I.D. It's the lack of pretty much any personal items whatsoever. The homeless people I've seen around here carry their lives on their backs. I get that people are opportunistic and would help themselves to another persons things without thinking twice. Even if they knew someone was deceased that might not stop them and in fact could be the very reason to do it in the first place. This person might not have had much to begin with but no shoes? Nothing? Really? It's just strange.

People will often leave items for those they feel need help. The sleeping bag, power bar etc. There are many groups who take care of the homeless in downtown Toronto and have a supply of needed items including clothes, blankets and food who go out nightly. These groups are my angels.

People will often leave items for those they feel need help. The sleeping bag, power bar etc. There are many groups who take care of the homeless in downtown Toronto and have a supply of needed items including clothes, blankets and food who go out nightly. These groups are my angels.

I just saw a post/article showing a stack of blankets and supplies, talking about donations and the food bank. That was something I almost commented, the possibility of a volunteer or someone from an organization recognizing this woman. Then again, they see hundreds of people and it would be difficult to say with certainty based off a sketch.

It's sad to know something like this can happen to someone during a pandemic under such rough circumstances. Hopefully she will get her name back.

Not entirely sure that the woman was homeless, thinking back to an earlier link,
Re posting ..
Toronto police seeking public’s help in identifying woman found dead in Trinity Bellwoods Park
June 24 2020 rbbm.
“The female’s lifestyle circumstances are unknown at this time. She may have been recently transient from another city. Another possible scenario could be that she was confused, disoriented, thus leaving her home going unnoticed,” Vruna said.

People in the area who know of a neighbour who lives alone should check in with police if they match her description, she said. They have yet to match her appearance with any reports of missing people.''

Not entirely sure that the woman was homeless, thinking back to an earlier link,
Re posting ..
Toronto police seeking public’s help in identifying woman found dead in Trinity Bellwoods Park
June 24 2020 rbbm.
The female’s lifestyle circumstances are unknown at this time. She may have been recently transient from another city. Another possible scenario could be that she was confused, disoriented, thus leaving her home going unnoticed,” Vruna said.

People in the area who know of a neighbour who lives alone should check in with police if they match her description, she said. They have yet to match her appearance with any reports of missing people.''

RBBM

Surely by now someone would be looking? She'd have mail piled up, rent/bills due, someone would have noticed. How far could she have wandered without her shoes? If she wasn't homeless then where did the sleeping bag and protein bar come from?

I'm assuming tests were done to look for anything like medications, traces of drugs etc. It's possible she had a mental health concern/condition and was off her medication.

Joan from the DDP has updated the DDP spreadsheet with the new cases :) Trinity Bellwood Park Jane Doe is in active genealogical research for a week or more now. You can find this data and also her Oracle4 on the DDP facebook page (pinned post).

Ah....I see...my bad.....thank you.

If this woman's death is natural and/or she had memory issues I doubt her name will be released. And I'm okay with that. It's unsolved murders of UIDs that are eventually identified that I believe should have their names released since most people are murdered by someone they know. I think not releasing names can hamper an investigation since people may not know that they know something.

If this woman's death is natural and/or she had memory issues I doubt her name will be released. And I'm okay with that. It's unsolved murders of UIDs that are eventually identified that I believe should have their names released since most people are murdered by someone they know. I think not releasing names can hamper an investigation since people may not know that they know something.
For me it is ok as well, I just home that if the Law Enforcement decided not to release any details, at least it would be confirmed that she was identified with the help of forensic genealogy, as it is probably the case.

The Doe DNA project posted a poster with identified persons in 2021. Besides the ones named, there were 11 cases solved without announcements. Maybe this lady was one of them.
FH5fZyzX0AIYuXo

The Doe DNA project posted a poster with identified persons in 2021. Besides the ones named, there were 11 cases solved without announcements. Maybe this lady was one of them.
FH5fZyzX0AIYuXo
I think Toronto Bellwood Park Jane Doe is one of 11 cases too! They also have a few cases solved back in 2020 which have not been announced, I really hope Nation River lady was identified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeeeeeeeen
Back